Summer 2014

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 orty

orty
  • Players
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

Trevor Hunt tweated this morning that all but one ncl team had signed up for summer 2014.Thoughts

#2 billybison

billybison
  • Coach
  • 162 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

Trevor Hunt tweated this morning that all but one ncl team had signed up for summer 2014.Thoughts

There is a statement from the chairman on the NCL website posted yesterday all though it is mainly  regarding  promotion and relegation this season . He does say 44 of the 49 existing clubs have signed up for 2014 if another 4 clubs have confirmed today  that is great news.

#3 6brackendale

6brackendale
  • Players
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

Superb news ! Loved every minute of this NCL season Role on 2014

#4 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

Who's not signed up 

#5 fcwarrior

fcwarrior
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

So does that mean des fox from myton is at this meeting by his self lol

#6 6brackendale

6brackendale
  • Players
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

Not sure who will have gone - my club have not. No agenda / No management don't think it will achieve much to be honest

#7 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:29 PM

13 clubs in attendance, a worthwhile meeting with ideas being banted about

#8 georgehadgingerhair

georgehadgingerhair
  • Players
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:31 PM

Which teams attended the meeting?

#9 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:11 PM

Think i'm correct in saying Myton, West Hull, East Hull, Dockers, Rose Bridge, Thatto Heath, Wigan St.Pats, Wigan St.Judes, Leigh Miners, Leigh East, Stanningley, Eastmoor, Underbank.

Despite what was banded about on here (myself included) there was certainly no misplaced intentions or desire from anyone to create a splinter group to work against the NCL Management or anything like that. Just people that care about the game highlighting issues that were a concern and tossing about ideas about how to resolve the issues the clubs are facing. Some interesting ideas cropped up which will be fed back to the management committee through the appropriate channels and shared with the rest of the clubs that didn't attend in due course. As I said on the other thread it was a very worthwhile exercise that could be developed more formally.

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#10 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 452 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:55 PM

Probably worked well due to a small(ish) number of people, would you have had the same results with a room of 100 people?  

Glad it was worthwhile and it'll be interest to see what comes out of it

#11 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,804 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:56 PM

Probably worked well due to a small(ish) number of people, would you have had the same results with a room of 100 people?  

Glad it was worthwhile and it'll be interest to see what comes out of it

Could be because they all share the same problems and worries

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#12 GoffyLeeds

GoffyLeeds
  • Players
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

When will it be released exactly what teams have replied? Would like to see more Pennine/NWC/Cumbria teams apply this year

#13 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,804 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

When will it be released exactly what teams have replied? Would like to see more Pennine/NWC/Cumbria teams apply this year

Pennine teams are more than happy playing in the traditional season and the premier may just be a higher standard on the park now many NCL teams are having to fulfil so many fixture with 2nd team and youth players having to turn out.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#14 apple

apple
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

Didn't Skirlaugh turn  up for the meeting Thought they would have turned up as one of the 5 Hull Clubs who called  the meeting 

#15 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

I believe that they attended, think it will fizzle out

#16 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

I believe that they attended, think it will fizzle out

What summer? I don't think it will completely sizzle out, I know we have lost a lot of players and supportors but some teams will always be able to scrape a side together,

#17 Historical value

Historical value
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:33 PM

Oh it's been a massive success, 2013, smaller crowds, less people in the bar, teams struggling to get 17 players on the park, clubs on the verge of bankruptcy, can't wait for the final on a freezing cold November day. But hey trevs got em signed up. For 2014, can't wait, for it, it's gonna be massive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users