Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

BARLA SGM makes decision on RFL Operational Rules changes

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 revtype

revtype
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

The only recent BARLA investment to my knowledge, is the sponsorship of the successful Cumbria Men's ARL which has produced an uplift in Cumbrian open age rugby over the past 12 months.

Are the local league sweeteners offered by the RFL and to who? 

Again to my knowledge I only know of the RFL five figure sum given to Yorkshire Juniors ARL which I believe has now stopped following the league's switch to winter.

It would be nice to learn of any others do you care to elaborate.

I'm not going to elaborate. The RFL should be more transparent

#22 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:17 PM

This is not an RFL issue really it's because of the weakening of the influence and apathy of recent boards that leagues have left and jumped over to the dark side .

#23 revtype

revtype
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:55 PM

This is not an RFL issue really it's because of the weakening of the influence and apathy of recent boards that leagues have left and jumped over to the dark side .

I agree but in a democracy theres always a chance you could elect a dictator.

#24 Wilber

Wilber
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:42 AM

I agree but in a democracy theres always a chance you could elect a dictator.

And that is sadly where shifty backstabbers come in. Had everything been fair and open in the first instance then possibly the association would be in a better place today. There were those of us that actually had a plan for BARLA to bring back some meaning to the ethos and finally bring it into the 21st century.

I'm not bitter anymore just sad that something I grew up on is being allowed to go in one direction and its backbone (district leagues) cant see it happening.

#25 revtype

revtype
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:59 AM

And that is sadly where shifty backstabbers come in. Had everything been fair and open in the first instance then possibly the association would be in a better place today. There were those of us that actually had a plan for BARLA to bring back some meaning to the ethos and finally bring it into the 21st century.

I'm not bitter anymore just sad that something I grew up on is being allowed to go in one direction and its backbone (district leagues) cant see it happening.

Wilber I'm with you mate. 25 years I've done at junior level and I'm about to walk away. But I will be there to watch the lemins go over the cliff.

#26 Nev V Dawn

Nev V Dawn
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:59 AM

Wilber I'm with you mate. 25 years I've done at junior level and I'm about to walk away. But I will be there to watch the lemins go over the cliff.

And the Bag Lady and Mannering are leading them to the cliff edge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users