World Cup partners

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 ChrisGS

ChrisGS
  • Coach
  • 358 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

GoDaddy are a big company, for those unaware. They usually have a commercial at the NFL Superbowl which is about as big as you can get in the States, from what I can gather.

Very high profile domain and web hosting company. Don't seem to have anything near as strong a presence over hear but maybe they're working on pushing the brand in the UK?

Decent job seems to have been done so far on the sponsorship front - not that I'm anything close to an expert, heh.

#62 Yakstorm

Yakstorm
  • Coach
  • 591 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:47 PM

Gatorade, Singah, GoDaddy, Specsavers, Laurent Perrier, Marriott, Hertz, BOC are all impressive multi-nationals, so hats off to the event organisers for being able to secure each of them as tournament partners.

As mentioned previously as well, great to see the likes of St George Bank and Telstra being involved in Australian games.  Be interesting to see who else has bought scrolling signage. We know of Burger King, has anyone seen anyone else?

Posted Image

#63 Heritage XIII

Heritage XIII
  • Coach
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:51 PM

Today at the Roos game I also spotted Optus, BMW, QBE, Tigerair, Centrum. These are sponsors normally associated (bar Tiger Air) with soccer or rugby union. These are great signs. Organisers should be proud!

#64 brooza

brooza
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:54 PM

I saw Burger King today but and some others but can't remember who.

I've also seen the hedgehog gutter brush as well. I think that was in Bristol

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#65 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 711 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:46 AM

Also an ad for Sydney.
www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#66 chunks

chunks
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:28 AM

The adverts for the Aus v Fiji game were targeted at the Aus TV market (there were a few .au domains). At the Eng game alongside Burger King already mentioned, I did notice Bristol Street Motors (nationwide car dealers) and Yokohama (multinational tyre co). The positive to build on is that these are companies with massive marketing budgets who advertise widely elsewhere. Be interesting to see if these came on board in the last week and took advantage of the positive press and national tv coverage of yesterday's game.

#67 brooza

brooza
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:17 AM

The adverts for the Aus v Fiji game were targeted at the Aus TV market (there were a few .au domains). At the Eng game alongside Burger King already mentioned, I did notice Bristol Street Motors (nationwide car dealers) and Yokohama (multinational tyre co). The positive to build on is that these are companies with massive marketing budgets who advertise widely elsewhere. Be interesting to see if these came on board in the last week and took advantage of the positive press and national tv coverage of yesterday's game.

Those are the 2 I noticed

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#68 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,456 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:55 PM

Lloyds Pharmacy are also providing the clapper/try signs at matches, not sure if they are an official partner, assume there is some deal in place.

Interestingly, getthelabel.com look like they have been a good partner. I have noticed that they are now sponsors of tv show Friends on Comedy Central, so they are obviously going into sponsorship, so its great they joined up with us too. They, and Kingstone Press have also advertised on Premier during the ad breaks, which is great and what you want, as Premier do well out of these deals too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users