Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

New coach announcement

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Campeze

Campeze
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

https://m.facebook.c...RaidersOfficial

Barrow Raiders new coach will be announced on our official Facebook page tomorrow before 6pm when he has signed his contract!
Check back tomorrow to find out first!

Pete Murphy

Commercial Manager

Barrow Raiders RLFC

themurphstar@gmail.com

#2 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 692 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:25 PM

Good bloke and will give nothing less than 100%

#3 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:34 PM

Why are Club announcements not made on the official Web Site and/or the Forum. I'm registered for FB put use it very little and cannot figure it out properly. I cannot really be bothered with it. I'm sure there must be many like me.

Posted Image

#4 ANDO

ANDO
  • Coach
  • 186 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:33 PM

Michael,

It's going to be announced simultaneously on the clubs facebook page and the official club website

#5 Campeze

Campeze
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:36 AM

We can't announce it till he signs his contract.
If he signs his contract at 6pm the website people will be shut. We will announce it on the forum too.
Just for you Michael.

Pete Murphy

Commercial Manager

Barrow Raiders RLFC

themurphstar@gmail.com

#6 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 692 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:02 AM

Everyone knows anyway, told you weeks ago but people shot me down. Come on the raiders :)

Edited by jonnyg28, 10 October 2013 - 08:02 AM.

#7 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

Everyone knows anyway, told you weeks ago but people shot me down. Come on the raiders :)

just another rumour till its announced

#8 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 692 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

[quote name="raiders96" post="2805925" timestamp="1381401046"]

just another rumour till its announced[/quote

:)

#9 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 862 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

Good luck Ned catic..........ha

#10 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

Who are you Campeze? I an just asking as it sounds like your a member of the BoD or are you Pete?

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#11 Alias

Alias
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

Campeze is Pete Murphy .

#12 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

thanks Alias, just like to know who I'm talking to only you to go now... :haha:  :haha:  :drinks:

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#13 Alias

Alias
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

☺️👍

#14 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 692 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

We can't announce it till he signs his contract.
If he signs his contract at 6pm the website people will be shut. We will announce it on the forum too.
Just for you Michael.

Hardly secret, said weeks ago

#15 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

I starting to get excited now...new coach and all the player signings to follow...come on Raiders. :party:  :drinks:

#16 millomite

millomite
  • Coach
  • 665 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:53 PM

Let's hope he does a "MINT" job

#17 Alias

Alias
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:56 PM

It doesn't matter Jonnyg .. I for one have loved the speculation , the banter with other supporters and even non supporters of the raiders . Who cares who knew and didn't know ! It's been a great and at times frustrating few weeks . The BOD have chosen their man and I wish him all the luck ! I'm sure there will be more debates on here in the next few days about our new coach . More signings to come and more speculation and probably criticism . Bloody love it ! I can't wait for the season to start ! ☺️👍

#18 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 223 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

Beats decorating.

#19 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 692 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

It doesn't matter Jonnyg .. I for one have loved the speculation , the banter with other supporters and even non supporters of the raiders . Who cares who knew and didn't know ! It's been a great and at times frustrating few weeks . The BOD have chosen their man and I wish him all the luck ! I'm sure there will be more debates on here in the next few days about our new coach . More signings to come and more speculation and probably criticism . Bloody love it ! I can't wait for the season to start ! ☺️👍

Agree mate, loved the fact no one believed me but he is a great fella.

And my next gossip is no South Wales Scorpions next season, no backer 👍

#20 Campeze

Campeze
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

| PRESS RELEASE |

After just over a month of waiting and lots of speculation from press and fans alike Barrow Raiders are very pleased to announce their new coach for the 2014 as ANTHONY MURRAY.

A relatively young coach, but with a wealth of experience both playing and coaching at many levels.

Anthony started his professional playing career in 1997 at Warrington moving on in the same year to Widnes, playing at stand off and hooker. His professional clubs include Leigh, Rochdale, Swinton, Oldham, Chorley Lynx, Workington and had a season at Craven Park from 2000-01. He scored an impressive 11 tries in his spell with Barrow.

In 2004 Murray started his coaching career at Leigh East and more recently East Lancashire Lions. Murray boasts an international coaching pedigree being the current coach of the Scotland A side with former Barrow coach Steve McCormack.

Andrew Gaffney Director Of Rugby said ' Anthony was a professional player at many top clubs and had a distinguished career under a selection of top quality coaches. In 2008 he became player coach at Eccles till 2010 and between that time coached NCL eagles touring France. Since then Anthony has coached Millom till present. He is now also working with Steve McCormack coaching the Scotland team.'

Gaffney went on to say, “Anthony was one of the first of 8 potential coaches to be interviewed and stood out immediately.”
'We are delighted with the appointment of Anthony and now look forward to building the squad with Anthony utilising his many contacts in the Rugby world'

A wealth of playing experience, once voted National Conference League Player of The Year, and a young, vibrant, enthusiastic coach. The club have the upmost confidence in Anthony that he can take the club where we need to go.

BARROW RAIDERS

Pete Murphy

Commercial Manager

Barrow Raiders RLFC

themurphstar@gmail.com