Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Global sponsor for Championship Fev

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

Good week for Fev. On top of securing the sponsorship of Taylor Wimpey here's another biggy. Maybe the RFL ought to employ our commercial guy. Take a bow Mr Paul Taylor
http://www.featherst...le.php?id=12346
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#2 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,632 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

Well done!

#3 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

Good week for Fev. On top of securing the sponsorship of Taylor Wimpey here's another biggy. Maybe the RFL ought to employ our commercial guy. Take a bow Mr Paul Taylor

:biggrin:

#4 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 739 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:18 AM

Maybe the Super League clubs should employ him

#5 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,632 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:19 AM

quite so. as I said, "well done" on getting some money for shirts (how much ?) from a billion pound turnover company that employs a lot of people in the area. any idea why Linpac gave up on Fev sponsorship 25 years ago? Any idea what Linpac hope to get from this deal? How long is it for?

#6 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:41 AM

quite so. as I said, "well done" on getting some money for shirts (how much ?) from a billion pound turnover company that employs a lot of people in the area. any idea why Linpac gave up on Fev sponsorship 25 years ago? Any idea what Linpac hope to get from this deal? How long is it for?

I'm not sure it's fair to say Linpac gave up on Fev.  Business/Sponsorship relationships are rarely for life.

They're a global company, although I wonder whether this is from the local budget rather than anything more central.  Sainsbury's were the sponsor for the magnificant Wakefield Trinity for a number of years, but this was a local arrangement with the store who had been assigned some budget for PR for a reason I forget, rather than being a full blown "corporate" affair.

It's a good news story for Featherstone, lacking any details and blown out of all proportion as usual as is the way these days.

#7 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,861 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:56 AM

Good week for Fev. On top of securing the sponsorship of Taylor Wimpey.....

Not the same Taylor Wimpey developers who are all buoyed up by the government trying to force through new house builds on green belt?

How many acres does your club own??  I think Griff should be told.

#8 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,861 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:11 AM

1. Any idea why Linpac gave up on Fev sponsorship 25 years ago? 2. Any idea what Linpac hope to get from this deal? 3. How long is it for?

1. It co-incides with Rovers relegation after an earlier period in which the club won the league and the cup.

2. Reflected glory if the club get to Superleague, and close by corporate hospitality for Linpac's clients .

3. As long as the club remains in Superleague and competes well enough therein.

Just an educated guess.

#9 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:25 AM

I'm not sure it's fair to say Linpac gave up on Fev.  Business/Sponsorship relationships are rarely for life.

They're a global company, although I wonder whether this is from the local budget rather than anything more central.  Sainsbury's were the sponsor for the magnificant Wakefield Trinity for a number of years, but this was a local arrangement with the store who had been assigned some budget for PR for a reason I forget, rather than being a full blown "corporate" affair.

It's a good news story for Featherstone, lacking any details and blown out of all proportion as usual as is the way these days.

Appears to be more than 'local' with the UK and Ireland MD of LINPAC involved in the announcement.

#10 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,347 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

Great work by Paul Taylor and Featherstone Rovers.

Well done Terry Mullaney. Larry, Parksider, and JohnM already. Just short of a full set.

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#11 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,865 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

Great work by Paul Taylor and Featherstone Rovers.

Well done Terry Mullaney. Larry, Parksider, and JohnM already. Just short of a full set.

*fires up the keyboard*

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#12 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:15 PM

the headquarters of this global company is in featherstone, or so we have been told

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#13 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

You're probably right but I don't think it matters, I had assumed they were based elsewhere as I seem to remember they were once called Lincolnshire Packaging or something like that.

I also don't share the obsession that some have that our sponsors have to be well known brand names or global firms, so long as they're ethical and they pay up then it's all good.

I'll say it again too, well done Featherstone.  A credible sponsor.

Edited by Larry the Leit, 10 October 2013 - 02:35 PM.

#14 redjonn

redjonn
  • Coach
  • 828 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

Not the same Taylor Wimpey developers who are all buoyed up by the government trying to force through new house builds on green belt?

How many acres does your club own??  I think Griff should be told.

Isn't all the houses we live in built on what was or equivalent to green belt.  Always amuses me when our neighbours complain about new house build when they live in houses that other neighbours complained about,   they in turn living in houses that other neighbours complained about.... so on and so forth..... But I guess that's not one for this forum but i couldn't resist a response....

Mind you the land that Huyton and formerly Liverpool City use to play on is now houses and road plus a community centre.... amongst houses that where built on green belt before the land was bought by Liverpool Corporation to house us out of the slums and war damaged homes.....   

Edited by redjonn, 10 October 2013 - 04:31 PM.

#15 Adelaide Tiger

Adelaide Tiger
  • Coach
  • 134 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:35 AM

Maybe the Super League clubs should employ him

Why? because he jumped into his car and drove a mile to Linpac!

I only hope my brother who works there - and from Cas - wasn't part of this.

#16 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

Maybe the lads at Red Hall ought to jump in their's if its that easy. Your kid has claimed his free tickets already I understand
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#17 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

If only the Cas Marketing manager could've afforded the bus fare to Featherstone eh..........?

#18 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

If only the Cas Marketing manager could've afforded the bus fare to Featherstone eh..........?

Do they have buses in Cas?

#19 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

I believe they arrive there empty..................................................................but leave full

#20 ArmchairRhino

ArmchairRhino
  • Coach
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

Got on a Cas to Leeds bus last week.  One of these electric hybrid jobs.  The engine sort of powers down at stops.  Very annoying, 

There's no dignity in plastic seats

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users