Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Alex Brown

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Non-Dewsbury
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:14 PM

I see that Leigh have signed Alex from HKR. Shame I always liked watching him play in a Dogs shirt! HKR must have thought him not good enough for Superdooper League?

THIS IS WHAT CENSORSHIP LOOKS LIKE!!

Favorite film - "Silenced by the Lambs"

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#2 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 764 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

Leigh throwing money around again it's all gonna end sadly there and i hope we don't help them out

#3 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

Leigh have now got a group of buisness men running the club.

All the clubs debts have been paid off and the budget for the coming season is based on club income ie gate money Lottery money and Leigh Independant Supporters Association.

Doubt the club will be bothering you mate.

Edited by frankb, 10 October 2013 - 03:40 PM.

#4 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Non-Dewsbury
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

Leigh have now got a group of buisness men running the club.

All the clubs debts have been paid off and the budget for the coming season is based on club income ie gate money Lottery money and Leigh Independant Supporters Association.

Doubt the club will be bothering you mate.

:lol: Thanks Frank, saves us rummaging down the back of the settee again

THIS IS WHAT CENSORSHIP LOOKS LIKE!!

Favorite film - "Silenced by the Lambs"

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#5 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

Nice 1 :haha:

#6 phildog

phildog
  • 302 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:43 PM

I did comment at the end of 2012 when he moved to Hull KR, that Alex Brown was simply a money chaser and I have been proved right. He had no allegiance to us after 2010 when he left to go to RU, then he came crawling back the following year and had to accept JK's terms or go nowhere. Then after 1 year he gets the call of SL and drops us like a hot potato. Starts well, drops out, doesn't stay to fight it out and goes on to Leigh as they're the new kids on the block flashing cash. Always said he had no allegiance, watch out Leigh,he screw you as well!!

#7 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:50 AM

I did comment at the end of 2012 when he moved to Hull KR, that Alex Brown was simply a money chaser and I have been proved right. He had no allegiance to us after 2010 when he left to go to RU, then he came crawling back the following year and had to accept JK's terms or go nowhere. Then after 1 year he gets the call of SL and drops us like a hot potato. Starts well, drops out, doesn't stay to fight it out and goes on to Leigh as they're the new kids on the block flashing cash. Always said he had no allegiance, watch out Leigh,he screw you as well!!

What a ridiculous post. He hasn't 'screwed' anyone. The guy is a professional (that means its his full-time job) rugby player who left us to try and further his career and earn money from his talent. What did you expect him to do when Hull KR and Sale Sharks - one of Britain's wealthiest RU clubs, came calling? Say "No, I'd rather stay playing part-time in the Championship for Batley and earn far less than you're offering me". What a silly, misguided, irrational diatribe. Have you ever considered that Mr Brown may have a family to provide for, or a mortgage to pay? I note that you haven't posted any disparaging comments about George Flanagan when discussing him either on this or the Featherstone Rovers forum - or Gareth Moore, for that matter. What's the difference, please tell? Do you hold a hatred for Alex Walmsley? Surely you must, as he left us after only one season. Even the now saintly Danny Maun left us in 2005 to 'further' his career. Is he also lacking in 'allegiance'? By the way, are we talking about same Alex Brown who's tries won us our first major trophy in over 80 years?

Edited by TheTerminator, 11 October 2013 - 01:22 AM.

Posted Image

#8 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,102 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:39 AM

I cant fathom all this rubbish about slagging players who leave because of more money, have you never left a job for the same reason????

#9 Zuehb Zaki

Zuehb Zaki
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:28 AM

I cant fathom all this rubbish about slagging players who leave because of more money, have you never left a job for the same reason????

Fair enough. What about players who walk out when still under contract. 1 player went to a different sport after his team had made the play offs, leaving them under staffed and 1 player went to a super league club just as the season started. Is that ok?

گر اور ہمیشہ کے لئے ہو جائے گا سے زیادہ طاقتور

#10 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,102 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

Fair enough. What about players who walk out when still under contract. 1 player went to a different sport after his team had made the play offs, leaving them under staffed and 1 player went to a super league club just as the season started. Is that ok?

Unfortunatly ###### happens, contracts mean nothing and even less in Batleys case as a Batley contract is as Kevin himself says "a handshake"

My current job says i have to give 28 days written notice, if someone offered me a 20% rise but i had to start tomorrow i would be off like a shot as would most folk

#11 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

One of the players in question was handed the provision of a Super League 'get-out' clause as part of the contract he signed with the club, and the other was granted a request to leave before the end of his contract. The club chose to allow him that liberty. Sadly, whilst leaving during a season is not particularly desirable as far as the club and fans are concerned, both were within their rights to depart.

Edited by TheTerminator, 11 October 2013 - 05:56 PM.

Posted Image

#12 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,213 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

Unfortunatly ###### happens, contracts mean nothing and even less in Batleys case as a Batley contract is as Kevin himself says "a handshake"

My current job says i have to give 28 days written notice, if someone offered me a 20% rise but i had to start tomorrow i would be off like a shot as would most folk

I think the "handshake" contracts at Batley only apply to coaches Gary. I reckon the players' agents would have something to say otherwise.

Other than that I agree with you & Terminator entirely - loyalty won't pay the mortgage.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#13 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

zuehb I welcome your input as a new poster and presume you are the solitary asian fan we have but can you please explain the rationale behind your user picture (local mosque) and foreign text as your signature?

This is a rugby forum which centres around batley and I struggle to understand the requirement of a muslim place of worship being used as your logo nor the urdu/arabic language which could mean owt

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#14 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

zuehb I welcome your input as a new poster and presume you are the solitary asian fan we have but can you please explain the rationale behind your user picture (local mosque) and foreign text as your signature?

This is a rugby forum which centres around batley and I struggle to understand the requirement of a muslim place of worship being used as your logo nor the urdu/arabic language which could mean owt

Why?

#15 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

Why?

why what

#16 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

why what

Why do you need to know? Is it genuine curiosity? If so, fair enough. Do you ask for explanations of everyone's avatars? I am just curious about your questions?

#17 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 878 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

well i would like to thank alex for been a bulldog in both stints at the mount.he sure gave us plenty of good times thats for sure and he will run riot on that lush pitch at lsv.

#18 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

well i would like to thank alex for been a bulldog in both stints at the mount.he sure gave us plenty of good times thats for sure and he will run riot on that lush pitch at lsv.

Not so sure. He was powerful going forward and dangerous in broken field situations, but I always felt he was vulnerable in defence, especially having to turn back to a ball put behind him.

#19 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,901 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

Why?

Yes, I was asking myself the same question. My avatar is the Pepsi logo but no-one has ever challenged that! Unless an avatar is offensive, I don't see the point in questioning it.

#20 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

Why do you need to know? Is it genuine curiosity? If so, fair enough. Do you ask for explanations of everyone's avatars? I am just curious about your questions?

dont be daft dd, each to their own but as the forum is directed at rugby league im unsure at the appropriateness of the inclusion of a religious establishment in todays climate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users