Alex Brown

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

dont be daft dd, each to their own but as the forum is directed at rugby league im unsure at the appropriateness of the inclusion of a religious establishment in todays climate.

Why am I being daft? Surely anyone is entitled to put whatever avatar they want on. How many avatars on here have a direct link to RL? As Chairman says, no one questions him about his, yet it has nothing to do with RL! I just think it is odd that you would question putting a mosque on and his use of Arabic script.

Edited by distantdog, 11 October 2013 - 07:12 PM.

#22 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

Why am I being daft? Surely anyone is entitled to put whatever avatar they want on. How many avatars on here have a direct link to RL? As Chairman says, no one questions him about his, yet it has nothing to do with RL! I just think it is odd that you would question putting a mosque on and his use of Arabic script.

marks pepsi cola doesnt stir up as much community divide as islam though does it

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#23 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

marks pepsi cola doesnt stir up as much community divide as islam though does it

Ahh right. So there is the reason you questioned it!

#24 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

Ahh right. So there is the reason you questioned it!

darn you got me I also read danny lockwoods press, was raised a roman catholic and live with a south african born woman who was unfortunately raised on rugby union.............. non of which is relevant to rugby league or batley

#25 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

darn you got me I also read danny lockwoods press, was raised a roman catholic and live with a south african born woman who was unfortunately raised on rugby union.............. non of which is relevant to rugby league or batley

Great, and you are of course entitled to do what you want. far be it from me to question you if you had any image representing any of those on your avatar. Whether they had anything to do with RL is completely irrelevant, as is anyone else's. So why do you feel the need to ask him to justify his avatar just because it is a mosque?

#26 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:35 PM

Great, and you are of course entitled to do what you want. far be it from me to question you if you had any image representing any of those on your avatar. Whether they had anything to do with RL is completely irrelevant, as is anyone else's. So why do you feel the need to ask him to justify his avatar just because it is a mosque?

The inclusion of the mosque is a statement in my eyes

#27 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

Of?

#28 Zuehb Zaki

Zuehb Zaki
  • Players
  • 88 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

I have no wish to upset anyone. Perhaps I wondered why principles seem to have disappeared from the game. I am obviously out of touch with modern ideology. It is a shame though isn't it, Now it is perfectly respectable to break your word so long as you get more money. Fortunately not all members of society have these ideals. Any news from tonight at the mount.

گر اور ہمیشہ کے لئے ہو جائے گا سے زیادہ طاقتور

#29 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:58 PM

Results are on website, Zuehb.

Still a few awards to come out yet ...

#30 BirstallDog

BirstallDog
  • Coach
  • 755 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

Good Luck to Alex. He made us all happy in 2010...

#31 olddoggy

olddoggy
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

The inclusion of the mosque is an identifier to give some context to the individual - there are lots of other avatars that follow the same principle.  Of far greater concern is your attempt to turn a simple situation into something sinister and threatening. I suppose next we will have the usual comments about lack of support from the asian community.  No surprise at all when they have to hide their background to be "accepted". 

I have always read your posts with interest 9,oller but I find this very disappointing and completely unfair.

Edited by olddoggy, 11 October 2013 - 09:38 PM.

#32 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

The inclusion of the mosque is an identifier to give some context to the individual - there are lots of other avatars that follow the same principle.  Of far greater concern is your attempt to turn a simple situation into something sinister and threatening. I suppose next we will have the usual comments about lack of support from the asian community.  No surprise at all when they have to hide their background to be "accepted". 

I have always read your posts with interest 9,oller but I find this very disappointing and completely unfair.

Why am I being accused in the previous post?

Ah I see you have edited now. Thank you!

Edited by distantdog, 11 October 2013 - 09:39 PM.

#33 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

I think its a smart looking building modeled on one in Saudi if I'm not mistaken.

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#34 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

I have no wish to upset anyone. Perhaps I wondered why principles seem to have disappeared from the game. I am obviously out of touch with modern ideology. It is a shame though isn't it, Now it is perfectly respectable to break your word so long as you get more money. Fortunately not all members of society have these ideals. Any news from tonight at the mount.

Its' a fair point that you make. People who break their promises are to be despised except in exceptional circumstances. However, in the main this is about players on short term contracts and who are perfectly free to move on. I wouldn't be too happy if said players moved on to make an extra tuppence, as it were, but it would seem that the difference can be considerable. In addition players will move on because their face doesn't fit (not the case with us this season) or because the squad make up doesn't give them an opportunity to play.

I don't think that the amount of player movement is good for the game, however. The game relies on supporters feeling some sort of loyalty to the club and a group of players. It doesn't sustain that loyalty if half the squad moves on.

#35 olddoggy

olddoggy
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

Why am I being accused in the previous post?

Ah I see you have edited now. Thank you!

Sorry about that dd, you were too quick off the mark!  At my age it's easy to get names worng - in fact, I do it all the time.  Rectified my mistake immediately, but not fast enough it seems.   

#36 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 265 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

Of far greater concern is your attempt to turn a simple situation into something sinister and threatening.

This.

How can anyone feel threatened by a building, not even that, a picture of a building? Odd.

#37 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 265 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:40 AM

Alex Brown gave most of us our greatest moment following the club. Good luck to him.

#38 bimbo101

bimbo101
  • Coach
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:23 AM

گر اور ہمیشہ کے لئے ہو جائے گا سے زیادہ طاقتورFall and will be forever more powerful.
So my mate Ishy says,don't know if he's pulling my leg but it may be right seeing as there's no swear words.

#39 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

Religion aside alex seems to have the skills but dedication seems a little jaded. Jc will have him down the flank anyway!

#40 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:41 PM

After to agree can be on fringes a lot of the game also can be dodgy under highball when pressured .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users