Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

IAN WATSON

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

Set to be confirmed as our new coach according to League Express

#2 crusadin_photoman

crusadin_photoman
  • Coach
  • 273 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

Top bloke so hope he does well for you. Good luck Watto.

Edited by crusadin_photoman, 10 October 2013 - 08:09 PM.

#3 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 608 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:27 PM

Will be welcomed and fully supported by all Lions fans I'm certain. If confirmed I'm pleased for all concerned & really hope he's given the resources to make a success of it. Huge success will be staying in middle tier and then hopefully building from there.

#4 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

Fully welcomed by me Steve. I hope he will be shown some respect and patience.

#5 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 931 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

Blue through and through. If he becomes our leader then he will get my 100% support!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#6 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

Should really have been offered the job after Steve McCormack's departure.

Thoroughly deserves the opportunity to take charge of the Lions - quality player, quality man, should make the grade as coach.

:yahoo:

#7 greengrass

greengrass
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

I hope this true, very good signing for me and a top coach.  All the best Watto

#8 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

For once looks like we all agree!

#9 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 333 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

For once looks like we all agree!

Too much positivity in this thread so ..........does that mean we have no scrum half?

Or does it mean we only have a scrum half?

Would think he may need to take a back seat to coach.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#10 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 263 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:17 PM

League Express have been hinting that this is the way it would go for a couple of weeks now and should it prove to be true then Watto would have my support too even though I'm disappointed Gary Chambers hasn't had a longer run with us.  I'd just like things to be settled quickly one way or another and move on to recruitment of players and knowing our "home" venue for next season.

I understand Ian Mort is back from Australia after top scoring with Dapto Canaries thanks to his kicking skills.  I'd be happy to see him back in blue and white with us again if he fancied it.

It's interesting that Barrow have opted for an inexperienced coach in Anthony Murray who turned out for us as a player at one time I believe - not that I really remember him.  It seems he also coached at East Lancashire Lions and Eccles at one time. 

Edited by dummy scissors, 10 October 2013 - 10:24 PM.

#11 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:19 AM

Anthony coached Eccles to the second division title. He has been coaching Millom (Barrow) for the last 2 or 3 seasons, but he is based in Wigan. I recommended him for the South Wales Scorpions job when they last advertised but he wasn't considered. Any player who can't take discipline won't be staying and I hope he does well at Barrow. Hes a good, 100% honest man.

#12 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:43 AM

I thought Watto couldn't be appointed last time due to him not having completed the coaching qualifications
Or is my memory failing me?
Does anyone know if he has now?

#13 GLENNGARY

GLENNGARY
  • Coach
  • 233 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:06 PM

Ian Mort back at fullback and Jordan Burke at scrum half. Now that would be interesting if we could sign both.

#14 eddrudd

eddrudd
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

Hi Watto hope you get the job but drive a hard bargain with the suits you know them well but do not trust them. You know them well and they will screw you. Good luck

#15 parky

parky
  • Coach
  • 283 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:00 AM

Ian has my vote. He is a leader on the field,possibly be player/coach used as and necessary. Lets get him appointed and get some players signed up.

#16 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

Ian Mort back at fullback and Jordan Burke at scrum half. Now that would be interesting if we could sign both.

#17 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

Think for Jordan's development he needs game time regular at full back, it's great that supporters rate him out of the dual registration player's he certainly enjoyed his role in the clubs great run in at the end season ,after picking up his serious ankle injury which kept him out for nearly 3 1/2 months after a rich run of form, I'm gutted Gary's not on board great coach and more important a great person and ambassador of the game to Good luck Gary! , think Gary believing in jordans ball skills and tough defence was pivotal in the final games too , good luck to Ian Watson a true professional and leader , good luck to the lion's for next year true supporters!

#18 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

At this moment nobody knows for dual registration but I personally think it's a massive thing for a club s with tight budgets with low support fan base not meaning it in a detrimental way to lion Supporters it can help massively throughout the year

Edited by mickburkes boots, 12 October 2013 - 08:21 PM.

#19 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

At this moment nobody knows for dual registration but I personally think it's a massive thing for a club s with tight budgets with low support fan base not meaning it in a detrimental way to lion Supporters it can help massively throughout the year

. Depends on how many are used

#20 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

I know and it was difficult with so many wolves players being on dual reg to bring stability which in all fairness Gary did address, even so it will just be as a hard job for Ian and the coaching staff in the week's and months to come