Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Chisholm moves to Fev

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:45 PM

I disagree especially in todays game when you have coaches,.water carriers etc what does Johnny wainhouse do when he runs behind the posts after we concede? Sorry but it's not just down to the players not following orders

#22 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 757 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:07 PM

...Hhmm .And I wonder who that would be down to !!!...

the kicker in the team, what would be the point of instructing your kicker to kick for the winger from a scrum if he doesn't have the skill to pull it off? you'd just be giving the ball back to the defending team on the first play. you're also unlikely to be successful in this play unless you surprise the defence, so the first time you do it, its likely to fruitful (if the kicker/kick is good enough) but after that you need to have the management skill to pick and choose when you use it again. i.e. have a few scrums where you shift the ball out to the winger so that the outside defence is forced to move up, then kick of the back of the defenders expecting you to shift the ball wide again. until the coyles came none of our half options were game managers.

did you not notice we scored a lot more tries from kicks once the coyles were onboard? infact did we score any tries from kicks before the coyles were in the team?

but then again don't let these facts stand in the way of your main agenda

#23 staitheclosehawk

staitheclosehawk
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:15 PM

the kicker in the team, what would be the point of instructing your kicker to kick for the winger from a scrum if he doesn't have the skill to pull it off? you'd just be giving the ball back to the defending team on the first play. you're also unlikely to be successful in this play unless you surprise the defence, so the first time you do it, its likely to fruitful (if the kicker/kick is good enough) but after that you need to have the management skill to pick and choose when you use it again. i.e. have a few scrums where you shift the ball out to the winger so that the outside defence is forced to move up, then kick of the back of the defenders expecting you to shift the ball wide again. until the coyles came none of our half options were game managers.

did you not notice we scored a lot more tries from kicks once the coyles were onboard? infact did we score any tries from kicks before the coyles were in the team?

but then again don't let these facts stand in the way of your main agenda

Spot on saved me posting, totally correct, you can't educate pork as they say, although the same 3 have an agenda on their own that no one else are interested in.

#24 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:59 PM

Spot on saved me posting, totally correct, you can't educate pork as they say, although the same 3 have an agenda on their own that no one else are interested in.

not interested Gaz but yet you and many others keep on replying and don't flatter yourself by thinking it's only 3

#25 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 757 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:05 PM

not interested Gaz but yet you and many others keep on replying and don't flatter yourself by thinking it's only 3

staitheclosehawk is too smart to be Gaz :tongue:

#26 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:07 PM

any agenda I have is to keep Hunslet as Hunslet but as you say you can't educate pork can you Gaz? or should I say brainwash?

Edited by sgt pepper, 12 October 2013 - 11:09 PM.

#27 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:09 PM

any agenda I have is to keep Hunslet as Hunslet but as you say you can't educate pork can you Gaz? or should I say brainwash?

sorry forgot to say Gaz?

#28 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:20 PM

staitheclosehawk is too smart to be Gaz :tongue:

he sounds too much like general salt not to be him!!

#29 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 750 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:22 AM

gabby Back in the 70's I believe it was, York signed a halfback from Wakefield. I think he was called Crossley. When at Wakefield he was always in support of the break and quite often dropped the pass so they let him go. One Wakefield supporter said they shouldn't have done as one day he will start catching the passes. When at York he started catching them and scored over 30 tries in a season I believe. The moral is, if you have an asset in the team, you should keep it and persevere. I don't think he got a lot of chance at Hunslet as we couldn't create much. I think he could go well at Featherstone as they will play to his strengths, not the oppositions. We could afford to keep him, if he would have signed for us, as he could get his confidence back in the lower division.

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

#30 normal norman

normal norman
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:22 AM

Didnt chisolm used to be in minder

#31 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

....Very Well said... I must say Staitheclose has to be commended as quote "its down to the 13 players on the park"… That will save Hunslet 30 Thousand a year ! Great post...

Edited by HUNSLET72, 13 October 2013 - 09:53 AM.

#32 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

... Hell of Alot more than 3 to Brainwash before You and yr mates, get Your hidden agendas in place , Just a word of advice ,
Your use of the word …"Pork"… may Offend .....

#33 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

... Hell of Alot more than 3 to Brainwash before You and yr mates, get Your hidden agendas in place , Just a word of advice ,
Your use of the word …"Pork"… may Offend .....

Why would the word "Pork" offend?

#34 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

Why would the word "Pork" offend?

... ha ha . "Staitheclose said "educate pork"…..AMAZING When you think about it... I Am HUNSLET And NEVER EVER Want to be ££££'s 2nd team…

#35 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 324 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:25 PM

Your all full of ###### get a life goodbye

#36 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,099 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:11 AM

... ha ha . "Staitheclose said "educate pork"…..AMAZING When you think about it... I Am HUNSLET And NEVER EVER Want to be ££££'s 2nd team…

You sad ######,change the ###### record.This is about a player moving to another club,not your pathetic ,misinformed,clueless little crusade.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 14 October 2013 - 07:13 AM.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#37 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:12 AM

I've thought about it 72 and still don't understand why "pork" would offend anyone.

#38 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,099 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

I've thought about it 72 and still don't understand why "pork" would offend anyone.

Possibly something to do with leeds and the Jewish heritage.Which again shows how pathetic 72 is.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 14 October 2013 - 07:15 AM.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#39 Penola

Penola
  • 600 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:01 AM

If you want to rant on like usual please use the thread set aside for it

#40 normal norman

normal norman
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:05 AM

Wots wrong with progman as he just been told its not a free bar on friday

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users