Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Mayfields last home game

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 DaveButt

DaveButt
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

It's Mayfields last home game of the season Saturday, 2.30pm ko.  So lets see as many Hornets fans over there tomorrow for what is sure to be a very entertaining game. They have gone 13 undefeated now and play some great rugby. It's sure to be a fantastic day so lets see as many of you over there as possible,

You won't be disappointed

Edited by DaveButt, 11 October 2013 - 10:55 PM.

#2 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 388 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

Called off, Dudley Hill couldnt raise a team. Mayfield get the points.

#3 Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

Called off, Dudley Hill couldnt raise a team. Mayfield get the points.

Mayfield don't get the Points !........The Game has to be played !, Dudley Hill will face Automatic Relegation and a £500 Fine ...........The Game will be rearranged

"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . . . . . . . Which one did you perform? "

Andy 'Ghosty' Rogose is Ghostbuster

(Vice Chairman Rochdale Fijian Association) (Member Rochdale Mayfield A.R.L.F.C)

#4 DaveButt

DaveButt
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

Took one of my mates who said he hadn't been for years due to ill health, won't be taking the ###### again either.

Only joking, let us know when it is to be played please Andy.

And lets see loads of you Hornets fans there as well, Mayfield are playing some great rugby just a pitty it's a bit to late to gain promotion.

#5 Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

Rochdale Mayfields Game against Dudley Hill has been rearranged for next Thursday 24 th October , 7:30 pm k.o. At Keswick St.
"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . . . . . . . Which one did you perform? "

(Vice Chairman Rochdale Fijian Association) (Member Rochdale Mayfield A.R.L.F.C)

#6 DaveButt

DaveButt
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

Thanks Andy, I will be there but don't know if  to invite my mate after what happened last time, he's a jinx 

Lets have as many Hornets fans there as poss.

#7 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:46 AM

Good luck to Mayfield at Wigan today, I am going to Hornets so will miss it.
It would be nice to beat them even if Mayfield miss out on promotion.
I will be at Mayfield on Thursday though.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#8 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

Amazingly,  88-6 for Mayfield at Wigan, but Hunslet win 66-8. Can they overtake either Wigan or Hunslet (both 3 points ahead) with a win and on points difference or is there a promotion play-off if finishing 4th?

Congrats Mayfield on taking it to the wire....let's hope there can be a double promotion to celebrate at Mayfields final home match on Thursday.

#9 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:01 PM

They only get 2 points for a win so they will miss out by 1 point if they beat BDH on Thursday.
Just a pity that they dropped early season points.
They have turned on some superb performances in the last 12 or 13 games.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#10 DaveButt

DaveButt
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

Hi guys, do we know if the rearranged match due for tonight is still on

Last time Bradford couldn't raise a team. Wife said I can go out tonight so lets hope so.

#11 Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

So far the GAME is ON ! 

#12 DaveButt

DaveButt
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

Cheers Andy, going to tell her it is anyway. C U later

#13 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 212 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:55 PM

Mad Mal said Mayfield won 58-6,but missed promotion by one point. I heard they had an abandoned match against Hunslet where the powers that be gave each side one point. Surely this is nonsense,the game should have,and always has,as far as I know,been made to have been replayed in these circumstances. More garbage from GHQ Red Hill?

#14 Snoopy Loopy

Snoopy Loopy
  • Coach
  • 475 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:29 AM

Definitely a factor to consider DD the Hunslet game but in all honesty despite being on top at the point the game was abandoned I dont think we would have won the game - but you never know

The slow start is ultimately whats cost Mayfield in particular the home loss to Eccles on a Friday night but having said that I dont think there will be another season where you win 15 games on the bounce and dont go up - the teams that finished above certainly played very well

Its almost comical that of the teams that finished higher Mayfield beat Hunslet Warrors by 70 points and Wigan St Judes by 80 points recently!

One thing I am sure about is that the immediate future looks very good for Mayfield providing that the current team stays together - they have an excellent blend of youth and experience, most of whom are Rochdale lads, playing committed expansive rugby which is good to watch - heres to another 15 games on the bounce at the start of next season! 

#15 Belf

Belf
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

National Conference is run by BARLA isn't it?

#16 ipods4ever

ipods4ever
  • Players
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

No rfl runs it

#17 Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

Mad Mal said Mayfield won 58-6,but missed promotion by one point. I heard they had an abandoned match against Hunslet where the powers that be gave each side one point. Surely this is nonsense,the game should have,and always has,as far as I know,been made to have been replayed in these circumstances. More garbage from GHQ Red Hill?

The Game against Hunslet which was abandoned the result at the time of Abandonment Stood !, so Hunslet got both points !.........Snoopy the Run was 14 Games ........Small Consolation is that Joe Quaninci finished as Top Try Scorer in all Divisions (28) not a bad return for a Player who played mainly as a Prop and Lewis Sheridan was Top Points Scorer in the Division 

#18 Ex-Kirkholt

Ex-Kirkholt
  • Coach
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

The Game against Hunslet which was abandoned the result at the time of Abandonment Stood !, so Hunslet got both points !.........Snoopy the Run was 14 Games ........Small Consolation is that Joe Quaninci finished as Top Try Scorer in all Divisions (28) not a bad return for a Player who played mainly as a Prop and Lewis Sheridan was Top Points Scorer in the Division 

Its been a great effort this season Ghosty - promotion next year ?

Looks like it wer' organised by't Pennine League

#19 Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

Its been a great effort this season Ghosty - promotion next year ?

If we can Keep the Whole Team together and add a few more Players i don't see why not , the Hard Work the Youth Team Coaches have been putting in over the Years is finally Paying Off also, so we will have strength in Depth in the coming years (Hopefully) 

#20 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:29 AM

I still think the club should appeal the ludicrous decision to let the result stand,it should`ve been replayed and it has certainly cost Mayfield promotion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users