RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

England v Italy

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 408 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:38 AM

Does anyone know how ticket sales are going for the double header at Salford please?

Ours have arrived today, really looking forward to it.

#2 tomdooley

tomdooley
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

got my two today a bargain at £10 for two.

#3 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

Got my tickets in the post today too. The newest item in my World Cup blog is looking forward to seeing the latest nation to face England.

http://southwakefiel...fect-appetiser/

#4 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

I hope there'll be highlights of the match somewhere. I assume its not being televised live?

It's time to park the camels.

#5 TheBinman

TheBinman
  • Coach
  • 372 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:19 PM

I hope there'll be highlights of the match somewhere. I assume its not being televised live?

Suprised premier arnt showing this
  • LOYALION likes this

#6 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

A tweet may have to be sent to ask why they aren't

#7 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,624 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

Because they don't hold the rights to show it. Sky hold the rights to England games (except the RLWC) and it's no surprise they can't be bothered showing it. As this isn't an official RLWC game then there's nothing Premier can do, even though I'm sure they'd have liked to show it.

Edited by Derwent, 12 October 2013 - 06:47 PM.

Super Clarty Git Amang It Dip Fer Dippin Owt In

#8 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 3,671 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

A tweet may have to be sent to ask why they aren't

I did tweet them about it a couple of weeks ago but I didn't get a response which is unusual as I've had responses to previous tweets from Premier.  Maybe they just missed it as I only sent it once.

Hopefully the lack of a TV presence will result in a bigger turnout at the match(es).  I'm hoping to go although I may be a walk up as I think next week is too close to the event to rely upon tickets getting to me in time.

#9 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

I've just spotted that Premier are showing a WC warm up game live next Sunday afternoon at 2.45, although on the Sky Guide it doesn't specically say which game. I'm assuming it'll be the NZ v Cooks game from Doncaster, as Sky NZ are showing live coverage of the game as well.

Edited by thirteenthman, 13 October 2013 - 12:48 PM.

#10 TheBinman

TheBinman
  • Coach
  • 372 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

I've just spotted that Premier are showing a WC warm up game live next Sunday afternoon at 2.45, although on the Sky Guide it doesn't specically say which game. I'm assuming it'll be the NZ v Cooks game from Doncaster, as Sky NZ are showing live coverage of the game as well.

Yeh there showing that been advertising it for a bit on premier, really dissapointed that we've not managed to sort something out regarding England

#11 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

Yeh there showing that been advertising it for a bit on premier, really dissapointed that we've not managed to sort something out regarding England

I know they've been advertising the match but nothing been said about showing it, whether it be live or highlights.

#12 ehbandit

ehbandit
  • Coach
  • 587 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

This may sound silly, but I think it might be better not televising the game, just incase there is a poor turnout. this could put some people off the WC. They may think it is what the tournament is going to be like. Also, more people may be inclined to go to watch live!

#13 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,712 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

got my two today a bargain at £10 for two.

Me to.

I'm hoping to go although I may be a walk up as I think next week is too close to the event to rely upon tickets getting to me in time.

Have a look at this, £10 and you might be able to pick them up at the Stadium, I'm ringing up tomorrow to find out, but bought them today before the deal expired and I can get a refund in the first 24 hours anyhow if there's a problem.

Be a real shame if there's not a decent crowd on, tickets are a steal, kids free, not sure what more could be done, really looking forward to seeing how the teams are shaping up, 5 going from ours, including 2 total newbies plus myself.

On Friday 28th March I'm taking part in the Wigan Streetsleep, raising money for The Brick charity who try to ensure nobody in Wigan finding themselves homeless spends a 2nd night on the streets and providing help and support via a foodbank.  Every penny counts so if you can spare anything at all its much appreciated - this link will take you to my sponsorship page thanks.

#14 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,104 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

This game is not on the telly?? Why not?

Buy the official Rovers 2013 Yearbook, out now!!!  ;)

http://feathers.rlstore.co.uk/product/2013YEARBOOK

#15 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 408 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

Which part of the ground are other peoples tickets? Me and the Mrs are in the west stand.

#16 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,712 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

The Amazon local deal works by ordering online, ringing up the RFL number on the ticket voucher you get sent and then they give you a booking number so you can pick tickets up on Saturday at the stadium.  Pretty straight forward, took 5 minutes in all and international rugby for 10 quid a head as a result - result!

Guy from the RFL also pro-actively pushing tickets for the RLWC whilst waiting for things to process, good effort.

On Friday 28th March I'm taking part in the Wigan Streetsleep, raising money for The Brick charity who try to ensure nobody in Wigan finding themselves homeless spends a 2nd night on the streets and providing help and support via a foodbank.  Every penny counts so if you can spare anything at all its much appreciated - this link will take you to my sponsorship page thanks.

#17 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 18,574 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:13 AM

According to Dave Craven @DCravenYPSport

Starting Team: Tomkins Hall Ablett Cudjoe Briscoe Chase Sinfield Graham McIlorum Mossop Hock Farrell S Burgess

Subs: Charnley, Watkins, Widdop, Burrow, Hill, Roby, G Burgess

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#18 7723

• Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:15 AM

According to Dave Craven @DCravenYPSport

Starting Team: Tomkins Hall Ablett Cudjoe Briscoe Chase Sinfield Graham McIlorum Mossop Hock Farrell S Burgess

Subs: Charnley, Watkins, Widdop, Burrow, Hill, Roby, G Burgess

I find it odd that Charnley and Watkins aren't starting if this is the team.

• Wally123456 likes this

#19 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,077 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

Full team here: http://www.englandrl...e-squad-to-face

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#20 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:27 AM

Sinfield at 7, love it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users