Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Bradford Dudley Hill No Show

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

The game between Rochdale Mayfield and Bradford Dudley Hill has been called off today. The story is that Bradford Dudley Hill were unable to raise a team. This is a very poor situation.

Rochdale Mayfield are still in with an outside chance of 3rd place. It could have been that the game was important to other teams in the promotion / relegation battle.

Lets hope that the National Conference League take the action that is waranted in this situation.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#2 thepimp007

thepimp007
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

Your not wrong pal from the lads who turned up they were wanting a game but unfortunately not enough lads turned up to travel, the winter season starting has ruined us

#3 sidsmudge

sidsmudge
  • Coach
  • 199 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

ridiculous !!!

#4 too strong

too strong
  • Coach
  • 261 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

What will happen now?

Is this similar to Leigh East situation?

#5 butterbean

butterbean
  • Coach
  • 104 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

Big Doug I'm sure ncl will act accordingly. BDH are a top club and I sure they feel worse than any body about the situation . You calling for punishment lacks class and compassion. Your club may be in trouble at some point how would you feel then if you had another club calling for your head

#6 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 404 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

What will happen now?

Is this similar to Leigh East situation?

Looking at automatic relegation and a £500 fine as standard

#7 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 665 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

What you think will happen to Fev Lions and Crosfields?

#8 chisholm 2

chisholm 2
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

My sympathy goes out to BDH ,I know how difficult it is to get a team on the field each week. I feel for the coaches, committee and players who have committed today only to be have let down by not having enough numbers. You are not alone in this scenario believe me.

#9 P5O9

P5O9
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

Big Doug I'm sure ncl will act accordingly. BDH are a top club and I sure they feel worse than any body about the situation . You calling for punishment lacks class and compassion. Your club may be in trouble at some point how would you feel then if you had another club calling for your head

Mayfield mentality I'm afraid! When the money runs out they might find themselves in trouble

#10 flatfell

flatfell
  • Coach
  • 132 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

Did they not miss a trip to wath brow a couple of seasons ago ?

#11 jananbillingsbarmyarmy

jananbillingsbarmyarmy
  • Coach
  • 268 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

Mayfield mentality I'm afraid! When the money runs out they might find themselves in trouble

Your boring , Mayfield have a good young who are playing great rugby and all of a sudden we are paying everyone sort your head out and worry about your own team

#12 butterbean

butterbean
  • Coach
  • 104 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

Big Doug should take your advice

#13 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

They would have been able to put a team out if they were in for promotion. Where is the loyalty to your club. They knew or should have know what the results of their actions would be. If BDH get a big fine or worse relegation what does that show about what they think of their club.
Oh and by the way put another record on about paying players. As previously stated we have a good young side (Mat Calland excepted) that wants to play for the shirt. Mayfield have sent an example as to running a cub. If you don't think so go over one day and see the cub, ground, pitches and youth set up that they are running.
Put your own house in order befor calling Mayfield.

#14 butterbean

butterbean
  • Coach
  • 104 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:36 PM

Whats this cub you keep talking about? Is lion or bear maybe? And you've sent an example as to running a "cub" . Where have you sent it?

#15 Ratty

Ratty
  • Coach
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:23 PM

I'm sorry to hear this about BDH, they have a good set up over there with a hard working committee supporting them. Reading between the lines, the lads have seen that there are no promotion prospects etc., and instead of seeing the season out with basically nothing to play for have decided to joint a winter league. It's very disappointing for all concerned, including Mayfield.

As regards Mayfield paying players, I can't understand why they take offence at people mentioning it, when I was over at their place they made no secret of it.

#16 jananbillingsbarmyarmy

jananbillingsbarmyarmy
  • Coach
  • 268 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:52 AM

Ratty stop talking out of your rear end , please share what you claim to have seen/been told 

#17 thepimp007

thepimp007
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:16 AM

Appreciate the well wishes been a tough end to the season with the winter starting, I'm sure we would have had a strong side if we were gunning for promotion as Doug pointed out as the lads still would have had something to play for I can assure you there's nobody more upset and embarrassed by the situation than the club

#18 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:46 AM

I really fear for the game. There seems to be very little player loyalty, in fact club loyalty as well, about these days, and most of us are having problems. I was amazed to hear Dudley Hill didn't have a full team yesterday. Fortunately, my own club have never failed a fixture in the NCL but we have had a couple of close calls. I remember being on a coach to Redhill with a bare 13, and most of them under 18's, vets and 'A' teamers. We had a vote if we should continue the journey or turn back and drop out of the NCL. I am glad we continued the journey. Another time we went to Wath Brow with a bare 13 and the same situation, including two over 50's! Feel sorry for the committee at Dudley Hill.

#19 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:35 AM

I agree. I feel sorry for BDH and their committee and coaches. The problem has been caused by the players. If that is because of the summer / winter debate then that is the problem that has to be addressed. Maybe the players that ducked Saturdays match at Mayfield should pay the fine that BDH may get. Then they might realise the consequence of their actions.
All the best to BDH club.

#20 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 527 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

They are not the first and will not be the last, Playing rugby all year is diluting our sport ,
Think the level of punishment needs looking at , will serve no porpose relegating a team and inposing a large fine there are many teams struggling and when you have a hard working committee raising the financies and putting a team on the feild it's disheartening,
The level of commitment just isn't there from some (not all) of the players anymore

Good luck BDH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users