Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Bradford Dudley Hill No Show

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 Mr Smeaton

Mr Smeaton
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:25 AM

How times change, I remember 10 years ago when BDH joined the summer league, and Andy Harland give a speech at the NCL meeting praising it and how much profit they had made.

The then Chairman-Terry Parle- asked clubs to consider switching, but it was overwhelmingly turned down.

#22 revtype

revtype
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

If clubs were honest with themselves, how many have been close to have been in a similar situation as BDH. I have seen clubs travelling short this season.

#23 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

Ratty stop talking out of your rear end , please share what you claim to have seen/been told

I know this goes on or used to at least

Edited by jonnyg28, 13 October 2013 - 02:04 PM.

#24 jananbillingsbarmyarmy

jananbillingsbarmyarmy
  • Coach
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

jonnyg28 you as well please share your knowledge with us please I played there all my career only ever had a few free pints

#25 butterbean

butterbean
  • Coach
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

They can't afford to pay 2nd team as well :)

#26 jananbillingsbarmyarmy

jananbillingsbarmyarmy
  • Coach
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

boardbean you wouldn't have been good enough to lace my boots up so wind your neck in

#27 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

Let's stick to topic. 

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#28 butterbean

butterbean
  • Coach
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

You can't of been that good you played for Mayfield all your "career" as you put it and never got paid

#29 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

Jan.......army, I have deleted your latest abuse, give it a rest before you get a rest.

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#30 butterbean

butterbean
  • Coach
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

Nowt to do with me. so why tell me then? Good to see you had such a high opinion of your rugby ability , shame blokes handing brown envelopes out didn't share that opinion you'd have been quids in now and could have moved to oz with rest of mercenaries

#31 bholder

bholder
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

Cas panthers traveled to Saddleworth last season with 11 players and then the following week traveled to dudley hill with 12 because rules are rules I sympathise with dh but a lot of clubs have been in same situ b7t scraped some kind of team together
PLODDING

#32 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,293 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

Nowt to do with me. so why tell me then? Good to see you had such a high opinion of your rugby ability , shame blokes handing brown envelopes out didn't share that opinion you'd have been quids in now and could have moved to oz with rest of mercenaries

Calm it down.

One warning has already been given out.

#33 butterbean

butterbean
  • Coach
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

It's true all clubs have tales of going places with 12 and 13 men but I agree with Celtic rooster the younger players coming through have different mentality and lack commitment to the cause.

#34 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:45 PM

What you think will happen to Fev Lions and Crosfields?

They will have to reapply to the league and the other clubs will either vote them in or out off the NCL at the AGM

#35 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

If clubs were honest with themselves, how many have been close to have been in a similar situation as BDH. I have seen clubs travelling short this season.

Yes all clubs go through similar situations usually when they have not had many under 18s coming through think it will happen a lot more in the coming seasons if we remain with clubs under18s playing in the summer or if  there in not a change in the academy set up.

#36 flatfell

flatfell
  • Coach
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

And what's wrong with stopping at 1 club and not getting payed !!!
You can't of been that good you played for Mayfield all your "career" as you put it and never got paid

#37 butterbean

butterbean
  • Coach
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

Nothing did it myself.

#38 P5O9

P5O9
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:49 PM

Nothing did it myself.

West hull openly admitt to paying players, why Mayfield say they don't is beyond me. Warriors got kicked out of ncl for 5 years yet the core of the team stayed! Says something about the team spirit they have n truly do play for they mates n badge, we came back better! How many teams can say they have done that! If you don't have pride for your mates n club then  wots the point in being amateur!

#39 Snoopy Loopy

Snoopy Loopy
  • Coach
  • 477 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:37 AM

West hull openly admitt to paying players, why Mayfield say they don't is beyond me. Warriors got kicked out of ncl for 5 years yet the core of the team stayed! Says something about the team spirit they have n truly do play for they mates n badge, we came back better! How many teams can say they have done that! If you don't have pride for your mates n club then  wots the point in being amateur!

Get real - Mayfield dont admit to paying players because they dont do it!

Look at the team and name who you think is getting paid - they are mostly young lads with a precious connection to the club (played there as a junior) that have tried their arm elsewhere and come back to enjoy their rugby - there are no superstars who would even command getting paid

I also know that a player left Mayfield this season to go and get paid elsewhere so it looks like your barking up the wrong tree here  

#40 too strong

too strong
  • Coach
  • 261 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:36 AM

Get real - Mayfield dont admit to paying players because they dont do it!

Look at the team and name who you think is getting paid - they are mostly young lads with a precious connection to the club (played there as a junior) that have tried their arm elsewhere and come back to enjoy their rugby - there are no superstars who would even command getting paid

I also know that a player left Mayfield this season to go and get paid elsewhere so it looks like your barking up the wrong tree here

I played against an Aussie and a couple Fijians that definitely wasn't born in Rochdale!!

Mayfield talent for attracting players from different country's is outstanding to say they don't pay there players 😁😁😁