Sad sad news

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

Buying tickets up at the mount will never be the same again. Another gallant youth lost upstairs.
Thanks ron for preserving the towns club for us to support.
Rest in peace you deserve it

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#22 beestondog

beestondog
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:57 AM

Rest in peace Ronnie, condolences to the Earnshaw family, my thoughts are with you all.

#23 olddoggy

olddoggy
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

Very, very sad news.  He has been Mr Batley for so long it seems incomprehensible that he is no longer with us . RIP, condolences to his family and close friends.

#24 morti

morti
  • Coach
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:29 AM

very sad news,r.i.p. ron  (Dewsbury rams fan)

#25 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 913 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

RIP Ronnie. The word legend these days is used too flippantly. In Ronnies case it is absolutely correct. How many times have we all said ''oh go and see Ronnie, he'll sort it''. As has been said he did things for the club that have kept Batley afloat, and I'm sure many unseen things. Just so glad he was around to enjoy the recent successess, of which he WAS so proud.

We have lost a true GALLANT YOUTH.

All our thoughts are with Nellie and his family, who I know will keep his memory going, and provide inspiration for this great club of ours.

Goodbye Rocket Ronnie.

The Bottomley Family.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

#26 mark backhouse

mark backhouse
  • Players
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

Buying tickets up at the mount will never be the same again. Another gallant youth lost upstairs.
Thanks ron for preserving the towns club for us to support.
Rest in peace you deserve it

#27 mark backhouse

mark backhouse
  • Players
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

Absolutely gutted. A remarkable man and an absolute gent. Rest in Peace. Our thoughts are with all his family. Regards The Backhouse Family

#28 bazbulldog

bazbulldog
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

Very sad news,known Ronnie since i joined the supporters club in 1969 where he was already a fixture,people like Ron (and there aren't many) are the lifeblood of

Rugby League and other sports and to say he will be missed is an understatement, condolences to Nellie and all the rest of the family.

#29 Leedsdog

Leedsdog
  • Players
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

RIP Ronnie

Very sad news

#30 Paladin

Paladin
  • Players
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

Great man. Great clubman. Great to have known him. RIP Ronnie. Thinking of Nellie at this sad time.
Have gun....will travel....Wire Paladin

#31 PETES' LADS' BRUV

PETES' LADS' BRUV
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

Just echoing everything thing that's been said.

God bless Ronnie.

THANK YOU.

A new future has begun!

#32 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

Such a great man was ronnie, alot of people won't know half the things this true gent did for batley rl, he will be sadly sadly missed by all at the mount, but im sure mr earnshaw will be watching from those clouded stands in the sky, god bless you ronnie and r.i.p.

#33 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

RIP Ron, god bless.

#34 zaz9

zaz9
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

Very sad news, what a super gent , the very best,   condolences to Nellie and family

RIP  Ronnie

#35 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,470 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

The RFL has sent its condolences to the family of Ron Earnshaw, the President of Batley Bulldogs who died on Saturday after a long illness.

Mr Earnshaw had a 70-year association with Batley and held a wide variety of positions including ballboy, programme seller, secretary, general manager, fund-raiser and director.

“It is with great sadness that we have learned of the death of Ron Earnshaw and our thoughts are with his family and friends at this sad time,” said RFL Chief Executive Nigel Wood.

“Batley Bulldogs meant everything to Ron, and the club, and indeed, the whole sport owes him a great debt for his unswerving support and lifetime commitment to Rugby League in the town.

“Ron Earnshaw will be remembered with great fondness by many people as ‘Mr Batley Bulldogs’ and the game has been enriched by his contribution.”

Mr Earnshaw’s commitment to Batley was recognised in 2009 when he was inducted on to the Rugby League Roll of Honour.

"Batley Bulldogs, Championship final 2013 Relegated  2014"

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

#36 London Dick

London Dick
  • Coach
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

The RFL are much maligned but that is a very fitting tribute to Ron & everything he did for the club & the game as a whole.
"If you want us to be the best and if you want us to beat the rest, a BISSA donation is what we need"

#37 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

Our 9 hole was named after Ronnie recently. The website naming sponsorship holds no monetary value to our board and I'm certain every fan new and old would be delighted to have mr earnshaw and the mount celebrated accordingly.

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#38 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

I am not so sure about the deal having no monetary value! However, this discussion is one for a later date I think.

#39 BirstallDog

BirstallDog
  • Coach
  • 752 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:04 PM

RIP Ron...a lovely person.

Nellie and the family ..The Bulldogs family are all with you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users