Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Ronnie Earnshaw RIP

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bimbo101

bimbo101
  • Coach
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:27 PM

Sad news tonight of the passing away of Batley Bulldogs stalwart Ronnie Earnshaw.Deepest sympathy to his family and the club.A true gentleman in every sense of the word.RIP.

#2 frank

frank
  • Coach
  • 758 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:10 PM

So sorry to hear about Ronnie..Remember him from my schoolldays.Condolences to his family.

#3 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

One of the best-loved characters in the sport. A fantastic ambassador and administrator for The Gallant Youths over a lifetime involved with the club.

Edited by TheTerminator, 12 October 2013 - 11:26 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:28 AM

Wonderful servant to Batley and the game, a true gentleman. RIP
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#5 Martyn Sadler

Martyn Sadler

League Publications Ltd

• 2,838 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:03 AM

I'm very sad to hear of the death of Ron Earnshaw.

He did an outstanding job at Batley, and was always a model club man. He loved Rugby League and his club, and he was one of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet. RIP.

#6 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

Terribly saddened to hear of Ronnie's death.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#7 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 939 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

r.i.p ronnie. our thoughts are with the earnshaw family .

#8 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,159 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

He looked after me so much whilst I worked as a volunteer at Batley in the office some 10 years back and fully supported me when I was not so good. Such a fighter. Went through 3 heart attacks and a stroke and still kept on going.

God Bless

RIP Ron.

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users