- - - - -

The Ronnie Earnshaw Stadium

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 phildog

phildog
  • 328 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

In light of the sad news that Ronnie has passed, I believe it would be fitting that the stadium should be re-named The Ron Earnshaw Mount Pleasant Stadium. We have not really taken to the re-branding of The Love RL.com Stadium,and in view of the fact that Ronnie has put far more into Batley RLFC than Love RL will ever do, I feel it would be a statement to the whole RL community .of just how much this man meant to Batley RLFC. Please support this idea and let the board know of your feelings.

#2 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

In light of the sad news that Ronnie has passed, I believe it would be fitting that the stadium should be re-named The Ron Earnshaw Mount Pleasant Stadium. We have not really taken to the re-branding of The Love RL.com Stadium,and in view of the fact that Ronnie has put far more into Batley RLFC than Love RL will ever do, I feel it would be a statement to the whole RL community .of just how much this man meant to Batley RLFC. Please support this idea and let the board know of your feelings.

Its a great sentiment, but its all a bit too early - Leave the family and those closest to him to grieve a little before embarking on anything.

Edited by buford t justice, 13 October 2013 - 03:17 PM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#3 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

Given the timescale of events, I really feel it's more than a little inappropriate to be coming up with ideas for commemoration. Some quiet respect for the wishes of his family - who will currently be grieving and dealing with the still raw emotions of a loved ones loss, is probably needed at this stage.

Edited by TheTerminator, 13 October 2013 - 03:19 PM.

Posted Image

#4 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 563 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

Brilliant idea but please give nell end family time to come to terms with things first.their emotions must be too raw at this time.r.I.p.ron.
"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#5 phildog

phildog
  • 328 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

Agreed, just an idea for the future! Appreciate family's grief, but am sure that they would be buoyed by the sentiment.

#6 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

Agreed, just an idea for the future! Appreciate family's grief, but am sure that they would be buoyed by the sentiment.

Nice thought phildog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users