Why no mention of Godwin

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,226 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:11 AM

Thought you lot would be over the moon by signing Wayne Godwin, class act, saw him play several times last year and suprised he's dropped down to Championship level.

#2 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:41 AM

We are, but we're not as excitable as those on some other forums that I could mention.

:kiss:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#3 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:10 PM

We will cast our views on the ffollowing

1. If he ever plays
2. How he plays
3. How long he will play before been forced to retire thru injury
4. How much he bends his back for the team
5. His he here to play

So until one or a few of these questions are answered

What is there to say?????

#4 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

I hope he's not another domic or fozzard.

#5 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:40 AM

Agree, hopefully he will be injury free for most of the season in which case I am sure he'd will be a great asset.

#6 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:13 AM

Will he be as good as Billy Pickup I wonder?

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#7 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:07 AM

Will he be as good as Billy Pickup I wonder?

Well fozzy never turned out in a meaningful match, Domic ? never even saw him play, but Billy boy - now there was a player. I remember him galloping almost the length of the field for a try - and in those days Dewsbury players didn't do length of the field. Damned if I can remember who it was against though, I must be losing my erm ... Who are you ? :sclerosis:

#8 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:27 PM

Yes I remember the length of field interception try as well. Like you say no Dewsbury player did that sort of thing.

BIlly pickup appeared on TV News a few years ago as a pub landlord in Huddersfield, when the shopkeeper next door was murdered.

#9 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:11 PM

Remember Chris vasey doing one at Whitehaven.... Same match marquis Charles bopped a Whitehaven player for biting

Edited by coolie, 15 October 2013 - 02:11 PM.

#10 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

Lets hope he isnt another karl price just there for the money. Or do a webbster played one game and then went to catalans and never saw him again .

#11 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:54 AM

Lets hope he isnt another karl price just there for the money. Or do a webbster played one game and then went to catalans and never saw him again .

Yeah rubbish that Pryce - top tryscorer and a decent trysaver too, but doesn't run around aimlessly enough for many fans.

Give it a rest!

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#12 Netherton Ram

Netherton Ram
  • Coach
  • 507 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

I was a major Pryce hater but as you say top try scorer. He just needs to put his weight around more in the middle of the field.

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

#13 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

Realy every time ive seen him looks disintrested also imo i believe only comes to life when ball is given to him 2 yards out .

#14 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

Webster?

#15 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

Pryce was our best player by the end of the season,got to remember he had his problems with his back,with a pre season behind him,hopefully full fit,we will see even better things from him.

#16 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

Pryce won us matches at times eg hunslet en York at home and the lad saved us some matches give him credit I must admit I was a pryce hater at first but he got better as the season went in with a full pre season behind him will have a good player on our hands next season not many teams will have a good strike centre like prycey next season

#17 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

Add the tries he scored, the tries he made for others inc Craven and the tries he saved and he was probably worth 25-30 tries to us last season. Not bad for a waster.

#18 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 469 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:20 AM

I hope he's not another domic or fozzard.

How can you criticise Foz?

Did he not have the decency to retire, thus freeing up cap space upon getting injured, rather than milking the club for his contract money, which he was entitled too?

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#19 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:34 AM

How can you criticise Foz?

Did he not have the decency to retire, thus freeing up cap space upon getting injured, rather than milking the club for his contract money, which he was entitled too?

Not sure Eddie meant any disrespect to either Fozzard or Domic - just that neither played a huge part in their respective seasons, which is true, but down to unfortunate circumstances, and as you say, Fozzie did the honourable thing and made his position clear. That decision must have been made easier though, when he was offered the job at cas . Personally, I can't see why Godwin would be any more or less committed than those two were at the outset, but I suppose given his age, his Rams career could be just as short. If he maintains his fitness, I reckon we have got ourselves a diamond. 

#20 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:59 AM

Godwin is only 31 years old,he could still play at Super League level for another two years,never mind at championship level.might be wrong,but he doesn't seem to have had too many injures during his playing career,not bad ones anyway.Let's hope this continues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users