Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup Replica Shirts

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,606 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

I've just been to Odsal to renew our season tickets.

I called in the club shop to see if they had any Wales World Cup shirts in.

Apparently, the club have not been allocated any World Cup shirts of any nation for sale. The bloke in the shop said they could have  probably shifted hundreds, even thousands, if they'd been asked.

This is a distinct possibility given that the T&A provides a daily update on Bulls news.

For God's sake RFL, get the marketing act together before its too late.

Edited by Wolford6, 14 October 2013 - 04:10 PM.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#2 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,676 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:17 PM

Hmm..Have they  not been allocated any or have they decided not to stock any.  Maybe they had to buy them wholesale  rather than take them on sale or return?

#3 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,165 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

I assume their main focus would be to stock them in places where games are being held and tickets being sold.

I'd be stunned if Bradford Bulls would be confident of selling thousands of RLWC shirts out of season.

If they were so confident I assume they would be speaking to the providers directly and selling them on, like independent shops do.

Edited by Dave T, 14 October 2013 - 04:20 PM.

#4 thehullram

thehullram
  • Coach
  • 218 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

I know that Wakefield tweeted to say they had the England RL shirt in stock in their ridings shop

#5 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,606 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

We've around 8000 season ticket holders, a weekly mail-out for those who want it, a website, a club shop and e-shop and could get some free publicity in the local press. We could also probably get local TV news to feature some team-mates from the Bulls and other Yorkshire clubs who will be representing different nations in the World Cup.

Edited by Wolford6, 14 October 2013 - 04:35 PM.

#6 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,165 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

We've around 8000 season ticket holders

But what does that have to do with selling RLWC shirts?

#7 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,606 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

But what does that have to do with selling RLWC shirts?

We're not tight like you lot from the other side of the Pennines. Though obviously, unlike you, we wouldn't be seen dead wearing blue and yellow.

;)

I want a Wales one and am dreading the fact that my granddaughter will want an England one.

#8 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,841 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

We're not tight like you lot from the other side of the Pennines. Though obviously, unlike you, we wouldn't be seen dead wearing blue and yellow.

;)

I want a Wales one and am dreading the fact that my granddaughter will want an England one.

I wanted a Welsh one to, gutted to have missed out on the membership scheme to have a name on the shirt, was hoping to sneak my Grandads name on there.

#9 nathanwood7

nathanwood7
  • Coach
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

If Bradford wanted to sell World Cup shirts then they could do, or am I missing something?

#10 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,606 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

The lad in the shop would have been happy to. Whether the club management have chosen not to ... admittedly, I don't know.

I can't believe that any club would turn down an offer to sell merchandise during the off-season so long as it was under an advantageous arrangement.

#11 philipw

philipw
  • Coach
  • 543 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

The lad in the shop would have been happy to. Whether the club management have chosen not to ... admittedly, I don't know.

I can't believe that any club would turn down an offer to sell merchandise during the off-season so long as it was under an advantageous arrangement.

Right, so you're slating the RFL when you haven't got a clue whose fault it is? Par for the course I guess......

#12 nathanwood7

nathanwood7
  • Coach
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

For God's sake RFL, get the marketing act together before its too late.

#13 philipw

philipw
  • Coach
  • 543 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

But just so you CAN get one:

http://www.lovell-ru...errer=#page=all

http://www.ragingbul...League/594.aspx

Post a picture when you do, eh? ;-)

#14 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,606 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

I've previously posted that I need to try one on to confirm which size I need. I'm hardly likely to do so by going to Paignton in Devon or Gloucester am I?

I'll probably have to go to that place in Wigan .... well, it's only a 100-mile round trip.

Why hasn't the RFL given a small number of shirts on a sale-or-return basis to each club shop in the hope of generating more interest in the competition? I can't see any club turning down that offer.

#15 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,058 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

I've previously posted that I need to try one on to confirm which size I need. I'm hardly likely to do so by going to Paignton in Devon or Gloucester am I?

I'll probably have to go to that place in Wigan .... well, it's only a 100-mile round trip.

Why hasn't the RFL given a small number of shirts on a sale-or-return basis to each club shop in the hope of generating more interest in the competition? I can't see any club turning down that offer.

Probably because they don't want to lose a load of money.

Have you thought how many shirts would need to be distributed speculatively to cover all of the shops and all of the teams. You can't get a shirt from the Bulls shop which is convenient for you and are tee'd off about it, so it must all be the RFL's fault!

Sheesh!!

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#16 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,606 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

Probably because they don't want to lose a load of money.

Have you thought how many shirts would need to be distributed speculatively to cover all of the shops and all of the teams. You can't get a shirt from the Bulls shop which is convenient for you and are tee'd off about it, so it must all be the RFL's fault!

Sheesh!!

No one can get a World Cup shirt from the Bulls shop which, it would appear, would have been willing to stock them. I'm willing to go to Wigan to get one. Maybe 500-1000 potential purchasers won't be willing or able to do the same.

If you order one on-line, can you get it swapped in time for the opening game? Hardly, the tournament starts in less than  a fortnight. Those shirts should have been available 3 months ago.

#17 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

BSJ ... what you have to remember  is anything that goes wrong is the fault of the RFL :)

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#18 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,606 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

Come on then; where are you all going to get your World Cup shirts in time for going to the opening games in Cardiff on the 26th?

#19 nathanwood7

nathanwood7
  • Coach
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

No one can get a World Cup shirt from the Bulls shop which, it would appear, would have been willing to stock them. I'm willing to go to Wigan to get one. Maybe 500-1000 potential purchasers won't be willing or able to do the same.

If you order one on-line, can you get it swapped in time for the opening game? Hardly, the tournament starts in less than  a fortnight. Those shirts should have been available 3 months ago.

You've already said that you have no idea if Bradford were willing to stock them, and I still don't understand any reason why Bradford couldn't stock them if they wanted to, just as many other shops have done e.g. 1895 Sports in Warrington.

The RFL certainly isn't responsible for the timing, production and distribution of each individual competing nations' jersey.

#20 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

Come on then; where are you all going to get your World Cup shirts in time for going to the opening games in Cardiff on the 26th?

ive ordered mine online
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users