World Cup Replica Shirts

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#41 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,236 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

The RFL is the game's governing body and must have at least a major input into the World Cup.

Irrespective of the responsibility for marketing the Wales jersey, why shouldn't someone who fancies a Cook Islands or France jersey have the opportunity to just pop in and buy one somewhere? It's a global competition.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#42 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,236 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:40 PM

Just keep making excuses......or just bloody buy one.

I've already said that I'm prepared to drive to Wigan to buy one. Do keep up.

#43 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,877 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:06 PM

The RFL is the game's governing body and must have at least a major input into the World Cup.

Irrespective of the responsibility for marketing the Wales jersey, why shouldn't someone who fancies a Cook Islands or France jersey have the opportunity to just pop in and buy one somewhere? It's a global competition.

I live in Edinburgh, should I be able to nip out and pick one up off the shelves?

#44 lanclynx

lanclynx
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:25 PM

Does anyone know where I can get a Papua New Guinea replica shirt from? All I can find is the t-shirt.

I'm going to both Craven Park games.  

#45 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,236 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:10 AM

I live in Edinburgh, should I be able to nip out and pick one up off the shelves?

Yup. It's a major city and Scotland are in the competition. Should be an outlet in both Glasgow and Edinburgh. Obviously, maybe not in Aberdeen or the Shetlands.

Bradford is Britain's ninth biggest city. It has at least 8000 hardcore rugby league fans and many more who watched their team become the world champion club. It doesn't seem to have a sales outlet, Bulls or otherwise, for shirts and tickets.

There is a whole real world outside the internet.

#46 bulldogforlife

bulldogforlife
  • Players
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:42 AM

Try the Mill Vilage in batley, the sports shop there is the best around for rugby shirts. Or at least it was the last time I was there!! Had them all!

#47 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,236 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:39 AM

Will do, gladly.

Thanks for that.

#48 philipw

philipw
  • Coach
  • 546 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:10 AM

I've already said that I'm prepared to drive to Wigan to buy one. Do keep up.

I was well 'caught up' don't you worry-but rather than griping and slating the rfl, get in your car and get to Wigan. The. If bad RFL aren't stopping you (yet)

#49 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:46 AM

You could - and this is crazy, but hear me out - e-mail raging bull and ask them what the actual measurements of say, a large, a medium and an XL shirt are. Take out one of your shirts, measure that and order the closest one. Bosh. No need to drive to Wigan.

#50 tuutaisrambo

tuutaisrambo
  • Coach
  • 245 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:46 AM

I can't remember the last time a bought anything other than food from a shop........i buy nearly everything online...Music, clothes, tools, furniture.....and it is far cheaper for most things.

Plus 3-4 quid postage compared to transport costs/parking etc to travel to somewhere that sells rugby shirts probably works out cheaper.

I accept that if i lived in Bradford and the Bulls sold the whole RLWC replica range it would be easier.   But for me personally with work and other commitments internet shopping is the best way to go. 

Edited by tuutaisrambo, 15 October 2013 - 07:47 AM.

Screen_Shot_2014_09_23_at_14_53_05.jpg

#51 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,236 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:50 AM

I'll probably have to go to that place in Wigan .... well, it's only a 100-mile round trip.

Just keep making excuses......or just bloody buy one.

I was well 'caught up' don't you worry-but rather than griping and slating the rfl, get in your car and get to Wigan. The. If bad RFL aren't stopping you (yet)

At exactly which point between 6.17pm and 8.10am was I supposed to drive the fifty miles to Wigan and find the shop open to buy my Wales shirt?

:tongue:

#52 Simmo

Simmo
  • Banned
  • 548 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:02 AM

At exactly which point between 6.17pm and 8.10am was I supposed to drive the fifty miles to Wigan and find the shop open to buy my Wales shirt?

:tongue:

Driving to Wigan is a pleasure at any time. I'm surprised you didn't do it just to enjoy the journey.

#53 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,164 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:18 AM

size guide https://www.superlea...p/sizeGuide.php

#54 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,536 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:24 AM

And pay for two plus return postage for one.

then wait/hope for a refund on the purchase price of one.

With no guarantee that either will be delivered within eight days.

With no guarantee that I'll be in to receive the delivery.

With the distinct possibility that a missed delivery will have been delivered by a private courier and will have to be collected from a holding depot twelve miles away ... DHL at Morley; and yes, I've had to do that several times because my sister keeps on ordering me  stuff from Amazon as birthday presents.

Does the RFL genuinely want to sell this stuff in serious numbers?

<_<

You've already said that you don't buy online so maybe wouldn't be expected to know or understand this but there are such things as "distance selling regulations" which allow for all of these.

HTH

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#55 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,236 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:36 AM

John, please catch up. We've already established that I'm an anachronism. Your advocated size guidelines are quoted in those new-fangled centimentre things.

;) :biggrin:

#56 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,164 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:47 AM

New fangled? In Yorkshire maybe, but in the real world?   :P

In the wake of the French Revolution, a commission organised by the French Academy of Sciences and charged with determining a single scale for all measures, advised the adoption of a decimal system (27 October, 1790) and suggested a basic unit of length equal to one ten-millionth of the distance between the North Pole and the Equator  to be called mètre ("measure") (19th March 1791). The National Convention adopted the proposal in 1793. The first occurrence of metre in this sense in English dates to 1797  see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metre

#57 tuutaisrambo

tuutaisrambo
  • Coach
  • 245 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

Does anyone know where I can get a Papua New Guinea replica shirt from? All I can find is the t-shirt.

I'm going to both Craven Park games.  

It's made by FI-TA so will probably be stocked by Lovell-rugby when it arrives is the UK.....they've stocked that brand before anyway and have already got teams like Cook Islands, Tonga and Fiji so i'm sure they sell the PNG Stuff.

Here's a link to the FI-TA store (in Australia) they are supplying kits for Samoa, Ireland, PNG and Italy........Not seen any in the uk yet so i reckon they are on their way now......i'm diggin' the Ireland jersey with PADDY WAGON sponsor  ;)

http://fi-ta.com.au/...roller=category

Screen_Shot_2014_09_23_at_14_53_05.jpg

#58 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,236 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:09 AM

New fangled? In Yorkshire maybe, but in the real world?   :P

In the wake of the French Revolution, a commission organised by the French Academy of Sciences and charged with determining a single scale for all measures, advised the adoption of a decimal system (27 October, 1790) and suggested a basic unit of length equal to one ten-millionth of the distance between the North Pole and the Equator  to be called mètre ("measure") (19th March 1791). The National Convention adopted the proposal in 1793. The first occurrence of metre in this sense in English dates to 1797  see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metre

Let's face it; we knew it was only a matter of time before you Lancastrians started genuflecting to the French.

I've got plenty of snails in my garden, you are welcome to them if fancy eating some.

;) ;) :D

#59 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,236 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:21 AM

Try the Mill Village in batley, the sports shop there is the best around for rugby shirts. Or at least it was the last time I was there!! Had them all!

Tried them, but no luck.

At Odsal, I was advised to try the Leeds Rhinos store but they are not getting any World Cup shirts in either.

It's an absolute farce.

#60 zorquif

zorquif
  • Coach
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:29 AM

Let's face it; we knew it was only a matter of time before you Lancastrians started genuflecting to the French.

I've got plenty of snails in my garden, you are welcome to them if fancy eating some.

;) ;) :D

It's just that us lot can multiply or divide numbers if we wish. Obviously that is beyond you lot...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users