Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

R.I.P. MICK TOUNG

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 morti

morti
  • Coach
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

just been informed by an ex Dewsbury player with the sad news of the passing of mick who played hooker at Dewsbury some years ago,good player n top lad,r.i.p. mick

#2 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

I think you probably mean mick tong son of phil tong former crown flatt steward during the eighties.sad news .

#3 morti

morti
  • Coach
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

that's correct keith,realised soon as I sent the post,i had made the mistake,ur right very sad news,played with mick for Dewsbury boys some years ago,always played way above his weight,he was what u called a old fashioned no9 n he would tackle ought in site,no matter how big they were n like I have said a top lad aswell,r.i.p. mick

#4 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,681 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

He can't have been that old if it was Phil's son... I remember him surely he was middle 40's at the most??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users