Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

You missed an "h" out, PM

It's all you've got left when you get to my age. :fie:

#22 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

wrong..Sinfield is at scrum-half! bet Cronk and Thurston are quaking in their boots!  :no:

That makes sense - the scrum will give him something to lean against.

#23 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,522 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

Of course he's an easy target BSJ, he regularly sticks his addled head above the parapet with a "shoot me" sign pinned to it. My issue with the bloke is his confused selection policies. If your idea of a good team is to pick a selection of Southern hemisphere players deemed not good enough to play for their own countries, then he's your man. If you want a team with the worlds oldest slowest and most ineffective stand off (at international level) in it - yeah, tick that box. Macnamarra often doesn't pick players on current form, but on the kind of gut instinct that took Bradford to the basement end of SL. What's the betting the starting line up will contain Sinfield at stand off and Ablett in the centre, which should guarantee the Aussies a field day down the middle. Why no Danny Houghton - currently the best hooker in the league, why no Danny Brough - the 2013 man of steel for gods sake (and I hate the little buggar) - I could go on, and probably am doing ,,, grrrrr.

I agree JK would make a far better option, but why does the coach have to be British ? How about Paul Cullen, Bobby Goulding ....anybody but PM.

I don't rate Macnamara highly but he wasn't exactly the firts GB/England coach to start picking players in odd positions was he? He has never picked Andy Farrell at stand off for example. There is only one SH player in the squad if I'm not mistaken (although he wouldn't be in mine) so that doesn't really hold up as some sort of policy does it, unless you are classing the Burgess boys as SH?

Danny Brough withdrew from selection long before any squads were announced and publicly plumped for Scotland - this was PM's doing. The Aussies would eat Houghton just as easily as they will Ablett and I personally wouldn't have Sinfield on the pitch, but I say again, where is there a better coach at present?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#24 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 671 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

Got to have sinfield in my opinion. Best captain in SL history. Great leader on the field and puts in a good shift.

#25 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,522 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

Got to have sinfield in my opinion. Best captain in SL history. Great leader on the field and puts in a good shift.

At club level very true but has always been shown to be second class in internationals.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#26 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 234 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

After agree bsj sinfield never been international quailty and never been a stand off imho sooner see chase and widdop everyday of the week.

#27 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 671 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:47 AM

Just my opinion

#28 frank

frank
  • Coach
  • 760 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

Hya Frank, BISSA are running a trip to the World Cup Semi Finals at Wembley ( Double Header) from the Mount in November. The trip is oversubscribed so there WILL be a bus of 56 going down for what will be a brilliant weekend. Also yesterday on local radio it was announced the game at the John Smiths stadium Eng v Ireland was sold out.

Colinb.

ps. Thanks for your long distant support of BISSA.

Thanks Colin, Pleased to hear BISSA are running a trip to the semis.I hope you all have a great time and anyone else that is going.

Looking at posting on various boards there is a certain amount of couldn't be bothered going, but, in a time of ever dwindling  support for our clubs, this World Cup is a great opportunity for league supporters to get behind it and try to interest non league people to attend the games.It could  lift the supporter base.

Even at this distance always ready to support BISSA.

#29 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 671 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:45 AM

Tried to book tickets for the England Ireland game at the John Smiths Stadium but couldn't even get 2 seats together (needed 3). So based on that I think sales must be doing ok :)

#30 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,604 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

Tried to book tickets for the England Ireland game at the John Smiths Stadium but couldn't even get 2 seats together (needed 3). So based on that I think sales must be doing ok :)

According to the RLWC it is a sell out.

#31 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:29 AM

at the moment i'm going cardiff ( we have 30 going from the Ravens)  next saturday for opener, short trip down to Brissle otherwise known as Bristol for cook islands v usa , semi finals at wembley, final at old trafford ( got tickets but might be in chicago so will have to find a bar to watch it) plus got a week in leeds 2nd week in november so will see what games are on that week that are reachable and not sold out... i think in total we have sold over 200 tickets via New Ravens ( did help getting the world cup come to our club in march for a few hours) so looks like there is more interest outside the heartlands

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#32 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:24 PM

England lose 15-14 to Italy. All the pre world cup hype destroyed in 80 minutes.

Aussies will get 60 next week.

Edited by buford t justice, 19 October 2013 - 05:25 PM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#33 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 538 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:26 PM

According to todays newspaper one of the Italian team has only played 5 games of Rugby League in his life!  I assume that he previously played RU? 

#34 phildog

phildog
  • 310 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

Never have understood why Sinfield gets picked at 6 at international level when he doesn't play it for his club. he's never cut it at top level i.e. Aussies and NZ, now can't even cut it against Italy!! Does anybody now my point regarding England at high altitude and the nitty gritty and reality of the RLWC? That said, where were the Italians? The whole question of qualification criteria is cock-eyed, whichever country you think of you're always playing against NRL/SL players. Congratulations to the USA who chose American players only.

#35 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 671 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

Well based on your argument against sinfield then neither can Sam Tomkins. If Grix had been on instead of him it would have been an england win :P

#36 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,604 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:36 PM

Never have understood why Sinfield gets picked at 6 at international level when he doesn't play it for his club. he's never cut it at top level i.e. Aussies and NZ, now can't even cut it against Italy!! Does anybody now my point regarding England at high altitude and the nitty gritty and reality of the RLWC? That said, where were the Italians? The whole question of qualification criteria is cock-eyed, whichever country you think of you're always playing against NRL/SL players. Congratulations to the USA who chose American players only.

No they didn't.

#37 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

No they didn't.

Far from it! I think the Americans only have 2-3 American-born players in their squad. There's been a bit of controversy over the fact that they've pretty much ditched all the homegrown American players who got them to the tournament and replaced them with Australians who happen to have an American grandparent.

Edited by TheTerminator, 20 October 2013 - 01:48 PM.

Posted Image

#38 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

I'm with you phildog - if they wanted the England squad training somewhere with no atmosphere, why not send them to the Don Valley Stadium ? :rolleyes:

#39 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:19 AM

Imho i agree that sinfield isnt international quailty no pace great kicking game but to me brillant at leeds . At world level psssenger in games at times . Widdop and chase sinfield 13 at a push . Anyone agree with this ???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users