Photo
- - - - -

here we go again Aussies controlling international refereeing at WC!

what a joke

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 IM2

IM2
  • Coach
  • 907 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:47 AM

If there is one thing that drives me nuts about reffing in international RL is how the aussies stack everything in their favour. lets predict that the major games will be reffed by an aussie and we will see the ridiculous situation where England play Australia and an Aussie refs. it almost turns me off to the WC.

http://www.smh.com.a...1014-2vix4.html

Australia would never allow 2 englishmen to preside over refs selection for an aussie WC.

where is our backbone.

Season Tickets 2014
- �85 - season ticket
- �125 - family ticket
- �30 - 4 game pack

skolars shop here:
http://www.skolarsrl.../match-tickets/

Haringey Team of the Year 2014 Skolars U19s

Haringey Club of the year 2011
London RL Club of the year 2011

Skolars if Carlsberg made rugby clubs! Perhaps Leagues most progressive club!

#2 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,094 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:17 AM

i don't think we can level it as " australians controlling international refs...."

cummings is one of us,waite is a former GB coach & pretty much the brains behind french RL at the mo and anderson is a kiwi & successful super league coach....

so thats a brit,a aussie & a kiwi....kinda covered all bases with people experienced in the game in both hemispheres...

a bigger worry should be the standard of ref the aussies send....they've struggled to count recently and theres bloody 2 of them on the pitch.

Edited by roughyedspud, 15 October 2013 - 06:17 AM.

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#3 goldcoaster

goldcoaster
  • Coach
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:18 AM

I agree about having neutral refs in international footy, but it doesn't say anything about WC ref appointments in the article
Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Impartial Observer

Impartial Observer
  • Coach
  • 472 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:46 AM

It is the RLIF running the WC not the rfl.

#5 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:47 AM

cummings is one of us,waite is a former GB coach & pretty much the brains behind french RL at the mo and anderson is a kiwi & successful super league coach....

so thats a brit,a aussie & a kiwi....kinda covered all bases with people experienced in the game in both hemispheres...

Daniel Anderson is an Aussie - he did coach in NZ, but he's definitely an Aussie. But as the current head of refs in the NRL, it makes sense he's involved.

#6 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:08 AM

i don't think we can level it as " australians controlling international refs...."

a bigger worry should be the standard of ref the aussies send....they've struggled to count recently and theres bloody 2 of them on the pitch.

Daniel Anderson came from Sydney and supported Paramatta when a youngster although he did coach the Kiwis at one point.

#7 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

Danel Anderson is a great choice for us, as, unlike most Aussies, he knows our and exists.

#8 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,157 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:06 AM

I'd rather have Jeffrey Archer in charge than Tony Archer. :rolleyes:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#9 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,094 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:36 AM

my bad on anderson...thought he was a kiwi...

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#10 ParraEelsNRL

ParraEelsNRL
  • Coach
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

Tournament hasn't started yet my friends. And we all know it doesn't matter where the ref comes from, they always manage to ###### someone off.

#11 brooza

brooza
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

I don't even understand what the complaint about this story is!

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#12 Daltoni

Daltoni
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

If there is one thing that drives me nuts about reffing in international RL is how the aussies stack everything in their favour. lets predict that the major games will be reffed by an aussie and we will see the ridiculous situation where England play Australia and an Aussie refs. it almost turns me off to the WC.

http://www.smh.com.a...1014-2vix4.html

Australia would never allow 2 englishmen to preside over refs selection for an aussie WC.

where is our backbone.

Completely agree with your point about neutral refs It's always rattled my cage and just fuel's the negativity towards international RL. Not using neutral refs in a World Cup is a farce and does question the credibility of the international game. The governing body needs to grow some balls and ensure all games a refereed by a neutral ref no matter how much pressure is put on them. There are NZ refs and dare I say it, Thierry Alibert. I would't agree that the Aussies try to "stack everything in their favor" though and you can understand that they want only the best referees in charge of their matches, it's arrogant of them to think that only an Australian/NRL ref is good enough though.

#13 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,081 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

3 people in charge of the refs have connections to British RL.
2 have connections to Australia.
1 to France.
1 to NZ.
1 works in NRL, other 2 in SL.

I'm fairly happy with that to be honest.

Edited by Wellsy4HullFC, 15 October 2013 - 08:38 PM.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: what a joke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users