Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

long but not sean

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 299 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

just been reading the appointment of one of our asistant coach's gordie long from shalston ??? i'v got now't against gordie but come on is bastian bringing his mates in to the club because when i went to the last forum the board said they had a lot of intrest from sl clubs for the appointment of assistant coach and we should be exited about the people that aplied not someone from a amature rl side ?? like i said nowt againt gordie but come on

#2 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:37 PM

Lets see what happens When a new coach comes in he will make big changes just seems they are changing everything from when Powell was here The big question is have we got a better coaching set up than the start of last season and have we got a better team time will tell but let's give them a chance

As for interest from S/L I don't always believe what is said Championship clubs in general come out with these statements We said we were signing some quality S/L players it's not going to happen and I wish players who sign for championship clubs wouldn't say they have had offers from S/L but decided to sign for the championship club but they do The fact is the clubs will only sign S/L quality when there in and not before

Edited by jt, 15 October 2013 - 07:38 PM.

#3 Terry Chimes

Terry Chimes
  • Coach
  • 293 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

I fear for Rovers (my second favourite Champ club), seems like the left leg doesn't know what the right leg or the arms are doing.

Loads of new signings, half a dozen + unfavoured players in limbo half way through 2 year contracts, a completely untested coach being given a carte-blanche to sign whoever he wants whilst letting go Sean Long, who is a very good coach in the making who did a spot on job last year.

Hope I'm wrong.

#4 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

That's the Poskitt spin on every signing !! He always manages to fight them off admirably......and gets the man !

Ov always said he would be a good politician

#5 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:29 PM

Is he left wing, right wing, or would he make a centre. Perhaps he ought to be left on the bench.

#6 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,944 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:55 AM

That's the Poskitt spin on every signing !! He always manages to fight them off admirably......and gets the man !

:lol: :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#7 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

I personally wish Gordie Long the very best of luck on his appointment at Featherstone he has been involved with rugby league most of his life as a player and coach and has done a wonderful job coaching a side that has won every honour in the amateur game and knows how to win cup finals there's no doubt. He has a way of motivating players and giving them belief to be the best so embrace him you cappers and give him the support he deserves.Hes a local lad who deserves to be given a chance good luck and i hope hes involved in the rovers winning the grande Final in 2014.
chappy

#8 Hx Irish

Hx Irish
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:43 AM

just been reading the appointment of one of our asistant coach's gordie long from shalston ??? i'v got now't against gordie but come on is bastian bringing his mates in to the club because when i went to the last forum the board said they had a lot of intrest from sl clubs for the appointment of assistant coach and we should be exited about the people that aplied not someone from a amature rl side ?? like i said nowt againt gordie but come on

Gordys been coaching a pro team for years, Sharlo aren't amateur! :ph34r:

#9 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 221 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

Gordys been coaching a pro team for years, Sharlo aren't amateur! :ph34r:

Wondered when that was coming

#10 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 221 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

I personally wish Gordie Long the very best of luck on his appointment at Featherstone he has been involved with rugby league most of his life as a player and coach and has done a wonderful job coaching a side that has won every honour in the amateur game and knows how to win cup finals there's no doubt. He has a way of motivating players and giving them belief to be the best so embrace him you cappers and give him the support he deserves.Hes a local lad who deserves to be given a chance good luck and i hope hes involved in the rovers winning the grande Final in 2014.

Well said, suzzy. At least,he has taken a team to several finals, be they pro or amateur and has WON them. IMO in order to obtain success, a team of top amateurs require more handling than a team of top pros and semi pros.

#11 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,944 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

Wondered when that was coming

Reight tho!

#12 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

Reight tho!

Proof please i know our Grimmer and locky never got a penny but they where made better players through his coaching.And thats Reight an all
chappy

#13 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

Good luck to Gordie, he knows his rugby league inside out and his enthusiasm will be inspirational to the players.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#14 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,944 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

Proof please i know our Grimmer and locky never got a penny but they where made better players through his coaching.And thats Reight an all

I haven't disputed his coaching abilities colin.
However, I do know players who were happy to disclose what they were paid by sharlo. It happens. No big deal.

#15 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 221 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

Proof please for a second time. My grandson been playing three seasons, n"er a penny., in fact it has cost him for training gear etc.

#16 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

my mate was on £50 a game 2 years ago at Sharlo not going to name him though. Dont see why he would tell lies

#17 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

i would also be amazed knowing him if Quewy would go and play for Sharlo for nothing

#18 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,944 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

Proof please for a second time. My grandson been playing three seasons, n"er a penny., in fact it has cost him for training gear etc.

don't be niaive. I am not naming any names on here and as payments are made cash I'm struggling to see how you would definitively prove this.
However, I categorically know of players who are/have been paid by sharlo. If ypu accept that as proof, fair do's. If you don't, again fair do's. I wont lose sleep over it.

#19 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

Is it any difference to the days of Amatuer RU when players were being paid boot money? Of course players get back handers it has been going on for years.

#20 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 221 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

don't be niaive. I am not naming any names on here and as payments are made cash I'm struggling to see how you would definitively prove this.
However, I categorically know of players who are/have been paid by sharlo. If ypu accept that as proof, fair do's. If you don't, again fair do's. I wont lose sleep over it.

I am not being naive Robin. Bet the tax man is laughing little apples at this topic. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users