The new TotalRL.com website - info & feedback

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,762 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

It's just loading the web version for me which, on the phone, is useless.

Doesn't surprise me the mods get a preferential service.

Scroll to the bottom of the page, look for the option on the bottom left that says "Use Mobile Version".

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#42 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,022 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

Scroll to the bottom of the page, look for the option on the bottom left that says "Use Mobile Version".

All blue again now!

But, cheers.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#43 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

My mobile version is fine too. Sorry to bust the conspiracy theory! :-D

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

#44 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:24 PM

She's a witch - Burn her!!!

Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#45 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

It's just loading the web version for me which, on the phone, is useless.

Doesn't surprise me the mods get a preferential service.

There is an option to revert to the mobile version t the bottom left of the page. I didn't have to do this, but try that before you squeal like a girl.

Edited by Larry the Leit, 19 October 2013 - 05:49 PM.

#46 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:10 PM

There is an option to revert to the mobile version t the bottom left of the page. I didn't have to do this, but try that before you squeal like a girl.

Less of the misogyny please. It doesn't suit this intelligent forum.

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

#47 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

She's a witch - Burn her!!!

You can sod off an'all! ;-)

#48 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

My mobile version is fine too. Sorry to bust the conspiracy theory! :-D

Bust? Interesting choice of word.

#49 Cake Tiger

Cake Tiger
  • Coach
  • 721 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:15 PM

Under the old website, England never lost to "Italy". The new website is to blame. 

#50 ChrisGS

ChrisGS
  • Coach
  • 358 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

Regarding the forum design:

It's not as good as the old design, not even close.

The colour palette is too dull. It's primarily grey with a dark, desatured red colour. If not for the fact I know it's the design at fault, if I came to this website I might think the contrast, brightness and colour on my computer screen needed adjusting, because of how gloomy the forum is. Another negative is that the grey actually makes the website look old and dated. The previous website looked like something created for 2013, this one looks like something you might have seen 5(being generous with the 5)-10 years ago.

Now what I really don't understand is that I could understand the ugly colour scheme for the forum if it fit in with the new look website - it doesn't! The website has what I was going to suggest needs changing for the forum. The red on the main website is brighter and more vivid - the forum needs to follow suit. And the website also makes use of white rather than grey - the forum should follow suit.

The new look website is great. Very 2.0 with a colour scheme that works. The forum skin is anything but. You'd have been better keeping with the old one and changing the blue bits red.

Sorry for going overboard but it's a massive step back(for the forum). Almost as bad as the rlfans design. Who though the mass of grey gradients and such were a good idea?

#51 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:20 PM

I agree with the above comment regarding the colour scheme. The grey at top (where the advertising banner is) is too dark and makes the red look duller than it should.

I did prefer the old site colours, which I can happily still see on my phone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users