TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

New Signings/ resignings

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 homeandawayer

homeandawayer
  • Coach
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:19 AM

Signed on so far:  Shackley, Olstrum, Stack, Rooney, Morris, Mossop, Dowes, Lupton, L McAvoy, Haney, Coward, B Phillips and Luckock.

#22 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 702 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:41 AM

Great lal player.. have seen him play maybe 10 times and he has really stood out in them games. Hooker, quick and has an eye for a gap and his work rate is 100.%

#23 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 702 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

Miller has 1 year left on his contract too

#24 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

Surely this is what the club website is for , to announce new signings first n foremost . It should be our onestop shop for news ?

#25 topladtownie

topladtownie
  • Coach
  • 780 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:50 AM

Signed on so far:  Shackley, Olstrum, Stack, Rooney, Morris, Mossop, Dowes, Lupton, L McAvoy, Haney, Coward, B Phillips and Luckock.

Callum Phillips as well - Signed 2 year deal start of last season.

#26 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:56 AM

And what about Matty.... .

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#27 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:17 AM

2 yrs left if I'm not mistaken Otto, what's the score with Brett Carter ?

#28 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:31 AM

Maybe barra signing a new fullback is good news for us ..?

#29 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

Well done Town. Sounds like another top amateur signing.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#30 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:25 PM

I'd hazard a guess signing Lucock will allow Callum to play in the halfbacks. Great to see another young BARLA international signing for Town.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#31 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

That's what I was thinking Callum luppy in the halfs Matty at hooker with Lucock off the bench maybe

#32 Gonch

Gonch
  • Coach
  • 354 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

I'd hazard a guess signing Lucock will allow Callum to play in the halfbacks. Great to see another young BARLA international signing for Town.

Coached Nathan at service area where he was a team mate of Liam McAvoys for 5 years and for the old style cumbrian regional academy. I also coached him for Cumbria and Barla under 17's and he was the stand out player in the county under 17's tri-series. Has also been training at Wakefield in the past

Great hands, work rate, defence and has developed a very smart rugby brain as he's played more open age. He had a spell at stand off at Glasson to develop his game reading skills and has benefitted from it under Steve Maguire's tutelage.

Sad for us to lose him at Glasson because he is such a good player but we are chuffed that he has developed so much and will be supporting him every step of the way. Would even venture to say that he has potential to go as far a SL should he so desire, however he is a very bright lad and sellafield are putting him through his degree etc.

I rate him probably only second in the list of lads I have coached only to Liam mcavoy!

Just need to get Karl Dixon signed up now, he and Nath are good mates and he's the best amateur Halfback in the game at the moment IMO

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

#33 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:29 PM

So is this a kid ready to go straight into a match day squad after a few months preseason training? And can he scoot away from dummy half with a burst of pace as well as those other great attributes ?

#34 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

Maybe barra signing a new fullback is good news for us ..?

We're onto signing our second fullback, can't see any chance of carter joining us now

#35 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,709 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

Signed on so far: Shackley, Olstrum, Stack, Rooney, Morris, Mossop, Dowes, Lupton, L McAvoy, Haney, Coward, B Phillips and Luckock.

callum,ell and matty are all definately with us next year
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#36 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

Signed on so far: Shackley, Olstrum, Stack, Rooney, Morris, Mossop, Dowes, Lupton, L McAvoy, Haney, Coward, B Phillips, Lucock, Matty, C Phillips and Miller.

#37 Gonch

Gonch
  • Coach
  • 354 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

David M In my opinion yes mate, got a good eye for when to go and has the pace at 9 to do it.

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

#38 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

Good stuff . Has to be one of the main avenues for us to go down . We've seen what gems we get and how they develop and become dynamite for us .Hopefully two or three more with some quality from outside and that's a good mix on top of what we have re- signed .

#39 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:14 AM

Speaking of young Cumbrian hookers, we've got a young lad from Egremont in Alistair Leak who really looked the business in the games he played. He's living down here for university purposes.

Posted Image

#40 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 702 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:02 AM

Speaking of young Cumbrian hookers, we've got a young lad from Egremont in Alistair Leak who really looked the business in the games he played. He's living down here for university purposes.

Watched him play at Egremont for the past few seasons,special player. the type that will look one way and pass the other and a very go forward hooker and a sound lad too .hope he gets his chance at Batley.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users