Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

No Nat Rail Cup

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

cant say im really bothered, what about bringing The Yorkshire Cup back ? How many games are there gonna be next season ?

Posted Image

#2 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

cant say im really bothered, what about bringing The Yorkshire Cup back ? How many games are there gonna be next season ?

Anyone looking in at the way Rugby League (Red Hall) is run Steve must be having a rite laff , changing things every year and i think theres to bigger gap between the Leagues for the Yorkshire Cup to ever be brought back.............

#3 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

Outside Superleague ,no one gives a 'monkeys'……

#4 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

Not gonna be many games

#5 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

Does this mean there will be changes to the league format? There won't be many games if not

#6 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

Anyone looking in at the way Rugby League (Red Hall) is run Steve must be having a rite laff , changing things every year and i think theres to bigger gap between the Leagues for the Yorkshire Cup to ever be brought back.............

I agree it's as though they have to change something as if to prove the point that they can. I know there are always changes before the start of the football season but these are usually small.

#7 Cardigan Arms

Cardigan Arms
  • Coach
  • 536 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

I would think clubs would have to play each other 3 times in the league. A ridiculous state of affairs.
Particularly if you end up gong to Gloucester or Oxford etc twice. Potentially a financial disaster.

#8 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

I would think clubs would have to play each other 3 times in the league. A ridiculous state of affairs.
Particularly if you end up gong to Gloucester or Oxford etc twice. Potentially a financial disaster.

I thought away travel for teams was paid for by the RFL

#9 Cardigan Arms

Cardigan Arms
  • Coach
  • 536 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

Who knows now with the super league fiasco. If they gain control of the purse strings there may be no travelling expenses.

#10 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:26 AM

clubs can't arrange their season ticket prices until the number of games is known.

What about merging the 2 championship divisions /

#11 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

clubs can't arrange their season ticket prices until the number of games is known.
What about merging the 2 championship divisions /

....Its a total Farce , thats for sure !...

#12 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,442 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

one things for sure 16 matches is no good for a pro RL Team, even with a play off system and a couple of Cup games that only takes it to 20, the season will be nearly over before its started.

Posted Image

#13 normal norman

normal norman
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

Your right the seasons over now and it hasnt started

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users