new signing

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

Ross Brookes of millom has signed for barrow according to my missus FB, Hes a full back! good luck matey!

Edited by shun, 17 October 2013 - 09:01 PM.

#2 JC3

JC3
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

Does this mean Mort will be used on the wing? Hope not 

#3 Flying whinger

Flying whinger
  • Coach
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

Does this mean Mort will be used on the wing? Hope not 

No, it means we now have cover for the position should Morty get injured

#4 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

Nice to see us linked with a few amatuers, hopefully not too many though

#5 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,181 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:00 PM

Is this confirmed ?

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#6 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:20 PM

http://www.nwemail.c..._medium=twitter

#7 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 469 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

"Gaffney added: “There are some other signings looming this week. There are a couple who played for us last year, hopefully a couple more from away and maybe a couple of amateurs as well"

From last yrs squad who else would we like to see?

I seriously hope we don't start watsting valuable coin on players like Butler etc, not when we need to create a strong 17 initially, then fill it up with squad players

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#8 Raider94

Raider94
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

I really dont understand why you think butler is a waste of money oracle, he might not offer as much as other players going forward but tackles like a machine and has a lot of experience at this level which he could pass on to the younger players coming in from the amatuer game. Id like to see a few more from last year, as long as casey goes.

Tom Heighton

#9 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:44 PM

I'd like to see low, wiper, clay(leaving), brennan(rumoured to Leigh) and butler signed on

#10 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,181 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:15 AM

id like to see Brennan and Clay stay. Casey isnt good enough and is too injury prone. Another couple of props are needed hopefully with SL or top champ experience?

Apparently Spencer has gone to France & McGilvray has left the club.

Low and Wiper improved a lot as the season went on but we still need a strike centre IMO.

Could Tom Brannon be worth another shot on the wing as I dont think he was given much of a chance last year?

Whats the score with Daz Carter ? Have we approached him ?

Lee Morton

#11 Gus Tyson

Gus Tyson
  • Coach
  • 125 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:18 AM

I still think Chris Warren might be in Murray's line of sight.

My mate works with Chris and he says rugby is all he talks about, his dedication is meant to be impressive.

Chris is supposedly training twice a day, once at DW with some of the barrow lads and at night with Elliot Miller in Millom.

Chris really looks up to Miller and the rapid rise he has made is something Warren is keen to follow.

Ive seen Chris working out at DW with Liam Harrison, the 2 of them have great shape and are looking big ahead of pre-season.

I did notice though that Warrens chest and shoulders need some work before he will be ready to step up to Barrows level.

I heard the two of them talking in the showers and Harrison said are you looking forward to stepping up (i can only presume he meant to Barrows level). I couldnt hear Warrens reply but i did hear him say that its bulk up season and he started a really boring coversation about protein, it was at this point i decided to dry off.

#12 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 533 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:39 AM

Morty do you mean Brett Carter?

Rip the bludgers heads off!

#13 Alias

Alias
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

I'm sure it's Butlers testimonial this season ? Be good if we could sign him IMO ..

#14 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:49 AM

Thought butler earned a contract last season. Always makes a difference when he come on.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#15 Shipbuilder

Shipbuilder
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:30 PM

Jamie Butler does not set the world alight with rip roaring runs but he always gives 100%, he tackles all day and always goes forward - I sometimes wish there was a touch more pace but I think he's an essential part of our squad - good local lad.

Get him signed

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

Player signing tonight and 2 more announcements on Monday

#17 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,181 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

Morty do you mean Brett Carter?

Yes mate I did mean Brett ... its my alzeimers kicking in again

Lee Morton

#18 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 533 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

I'm sure Brett will wait til after the World Cup. But I am lead to believe has was offered something.
Rip the bludgers heads off!

#19 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 469 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

Im not saying we shouldn't sign him - eventually, however at this moment we need more than squad players and our cash should be aimed at a competitive 17, rather than someone who can come in and cover for injury. he wont be on massive coin anyway and is barrow through and through, just think that we should focus our attention on quality rather than quantity at this early stage of recruitment

Next'people will want Whitehead signed on as well

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users