Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Scotland World Cup games

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#1 Richard de la Riviere

Richard de la Riviere
  • Coach
  • 511 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

Ticket sales for each game now over 6,000. Real chance of at least one sell out!

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

The whole event has just totally skyrocketed . Be good to see the town end well populated , then you know you've a great crowd . If demand keeps growing throw open the grassy bank and let families bring a blanket and relax while watching the footy , just like they do in Oz . Nice and balmy for it !
And I wonder what those doom mongers from down the road who came on here saying they'd rather watch Lowca and how rubbish it all was are thinking now , looking at the demand and the squads assembled.

Edited by DavidM, 18 October 2013 - 04:44 PM.

#3 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,476 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

It's just been announced that Callum will make his debut for Scotland tomorrow against PNG . Great news and well deserved . He's a credit to the club and himself . Hope he has a stormer and plants himself firmly in the picture for the tournament itself .

#4 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:19 PM

Anyone know if any shops in town are selling the tickets? ??? Was planning on just paying on the day but looks like gonna need tickets

#5 casablanca

casablanca
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

Anyone know if any shops in town are selling the tickets? ??? Was planning on just paying on the day but looks like gonna need tickets

Any remaining tickets will be sold from RLWC booths at Derwent Park on each of the match days. However with tickets going fast, it is recommended that you buy your tickets beforehand via http://www.rlwc2013.com/tickets

#6 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 824 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

With under two weeks to go to the first match at Derwent park, I am really excited on what's going on and the exposure that this is creating for both Town and the area, banners are at every entrance into Workington, road lights leading to Derwent park have signs on, it is fantastic to see. What do others think?

ps well done Callum.

#7 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

And the deluded ones down the road thought we would fail to reach the 2000 figure.....

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#8 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

Whats DP Capacity for WC games anyone?

#9 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,710 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

I see USA have beaten France tonight in Toulouse 22 - 18 in a pre-tournament friendly. There's going to be some closer games than many think this time.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#10 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:39 PM

It's it not 7,000

#11 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

I thought the scotland squad were based in Workington for the world cup?

They seem to be spendind alot of time in Featherstone.

#12 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 583 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

Sky sports, Scotland v tonga sold out.

#13 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,710 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

I thought the scotland squad were based in Workington for the world cup?

They seem to be spendind alot of time in Featherstone.

They are in Featherstone until after tomorrow as they are playing a friendly there against PNG. They will be based at Workington and be training at the Copeland Stadium, Whitehaven. After 2 games at Workington they play their 3rd game at Salford against USA.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#14 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

Well wikipaedia says its 10,000 but I'd expect it to be slightly lower than that for a World Cup game.

Not sure where sky sports got the info from but I've just bought tickets online for that game so it can't be sold out.

#15 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,710 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

Sky sports, Scotland v tonga sold out.

It was saying the seating is sold out, which it has been for a couple of weeks or more. The capacity is about 9,600 I think.

#16 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,710 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

The New Zealand versus Cook Islands friendly match at Doncaster on Sunday is being shown on Premier Sports kick-off 2.45pm.

#17 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 583 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

[quote name="Keith T" post="2810547" timestamp="1382135495"]

It was saying the seating is sold out, which it has been for a couple of weeks or more. The capacity is about 9,600 I think.[/quote

Sky sports says 3 games have totally sold out this game being one of them

#18 Bearintown

Bearintown
  • Coach
  • 288 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:10 PM

I believe two of the three teams are staying in the Washington Central.

#19 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

[quote name="rockerlad" post="2810552" timestamp="1382135846"]

[quote name="Keith T" post="2810547" timestamp="1382135495"]

It was saying the seating is sold out, which it has been for a couple of weeks or more. The capacity is about 9,600 I think.[/quote

Sky sports says 3 games have totally sold out

Edited by town4me, 18 October 2013 - 11:28 PM.

#20 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:28 PM

9, 600 is the capacity for the WC games at DP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users