TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Scotland World Cup games

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#41 Bearintown

Bearintown
  • Coach
  • 328 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:50 PM

I think they have just standing tickets dont they

tickets say
popular side terrace
Enter via turnstiles 12 -15
Standing terrace

So who knows?

#42 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

Probably be able to stand anywhere doubt they will separate the pop side and behind the sticks

#43 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 701 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:43 AM

I noticed in our two night matches at the end of the season there was no lights on the way out of the ground..down the steps from the town end and leading to the turnstiles.hopefully there is lighting now.
Will we notice any changes to DP when we watch the world cup?

#44 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

Tonga do have a haka....Youtube.. Tonga Rugby League haka.

I looked for that to ... Not as good as the NZ haka but good fun none the less

#45 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 508 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

Did you see the NZ haka today David? You might change your mind. I thought it was pretty naff

#46 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

I did . A new composition apparently. I agree the original one is the best .

#47 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

Did you see the NZ haka today David? You might change your mind. I thought it was pretty naff

i agree, i thought both of them were naff, The NZ one was nowhere near as good as the old one, and the cook island one went on abit to long......

#48 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:54 AM

Been announced that Shayne Hayne will ref the Tonga game and Henry Perenara the Italy game ! A final sign of how big these games are

Edited by DavidM, 21 October 2013 - 10:56 AM.

#49 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

6.000 at each would be a great achievent considering certain people said it would be a dismal failure !!
It was a great atmosphere in 2000 the last time we had a WC game with a crowd of 4,000 so this should be even better. Most blokes I know are hoping to pay on the day, I was as well until I heard how many have been sold, so I bought them on line yesterday 2 tickets for each game for £45, can't wait now.
I hope we get some decent weather for the games as there is a lot going on in and around the town on match days. Let's hope we can get the bars sorted and get some money into our coffers.
I know we have 3 Town players in the Scotland squad but as a total Jockophobe I'll probably be at the Tonga game in grass skirt !!!! only kidding.... come on you plastic Jocks !!! I bought a tin of shortbreads once....does that qualify me to play ?

#50 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

Yes decent weather is what we need now . Dry will do , fingers crossed . Makes such a difference .

#51 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

Been announced that Shayne Hayne will ref the Tonga game and Henry Perenara the Italy game ! A final sign of how big these games are

Wasn't Perenara's first game in this country in a Town match? To give him a run out for an up-coming international match.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#52 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

Don't know but Ashley Klein is the video ref and I remember him reffing a play off game against Hunslet once . On this subject , do you remember many years back when Greg Mccallum was in the country for internationals and he came up here to ref a match .

#53 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

I think we could break 7500 for the Sunday game and nearly 7000 for the Tuesday night game, which, I guess will be ahead of expectations.

And to think that we may have been lumbered with a max 5000 capacity stadium, with temporary seats.
Thanks to the combined efforts of all in Copeland, the World cup games are to be played at a stadium than can accommodate the interest in the game both locally and nationally.

#54 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:31 PM

I put a comment on the Skysports website under the Danny Brough article saying how the town was rocking for the WC , and how tickets were flying off the shelves and the flags were up etc ... A totally un controversial piece , and there's two negative reactions !!! Those Havenites are obviously still peeved !!!

#55 Richard de la Riviere

Richard de la Riviere
  • Coach
  • 537 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

http://www.newsandst...-trio-1.1092646

#56 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:59 PM

I put a comment on the Skysports website under the Danny Brough article saying how the town was rocking for the WC , and how tickets were flying off the shelves and the flags were up etc ... A totally un controversial piece , and there's two negative reactions !!! Those Havenites are obviously still peeved !!!

These will be Haven fans who are n't going to the games because DP got the gig.
Thier bitterness will mean they miss on top class RL, and could have boosted the gates even more, to show that West Cumbri will support the top games.

#57 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

These will be Haven fans who are n't going to the games because DP got the gig.
Thier bitterness will mean they miss on top class RL, and could have boosted the gates even more, to show that West Cumbri will support the top games.

apparently both games would be lucky to get 3k combined!! Thats what one of the jampots said after town secured the matches. As the saying goes he who laughs last.

#58 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

THe RL must be delighted that havens new stadium didn't materialise, wasn't the capacity about 3,000 ?

#59 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:43 PM

THe RL must be delighted that havens new stadium didn't materialise, wasn't the capacity about 3,000 ?

Permanent capacity was about 3,200 to 3,300 then with temporary seating to take it up to 5,000-ish for the WC games.

No doubt some Haven fans will come on here and assure us the capacity was 18 million or something!

RLWC committee must be well pleased with all the positive stories coming out about excellent ticket sales. 5,000 for a game at Pow Beck would have been good but 7,500 is way better

#60 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

Be at the Italy game next sunday cant go Tonga due to wrk going png v France this Sunday at Hull

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users