TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Scotland World Cup games

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#121 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:04 PM

Just a question, now that Jessie Jay Turnstile has changed his name will that not affect his Visa with the boarder agency's, when he signed for the jam he was Parker, just asking. 

#122 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:31 PM

Might not be returning for a second helping of jam

#123 bobg

bobg
  • Coach
  • 284 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:52 PM

Heard he has signed for Port Moresby Vipers who will be playing in the Queensland cup comp next season.

#124 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:18 PM

Careful lads H4E will be on as we aren't allowed to talk about the superstars you know.

Why has Jessie changed his name? Is it Jessie he has changed to something a bit more masculine? Forgive my ignorance but I don't take that much interest with the Jambo's players personal issues, no doubt it will be front page headlines in the N&S as his new haircut made the back page. ( I can feel H4E's blood boiling as I type he he!)

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#125 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:18 PM

The PNG Team that plays in the Queensland Cup certainly has the funding as they are receiving 1.15 million Australian dollars per year for the first 3 years plus large amounts from other sponsors. I can see several PNG players staying at home if they can get in to this team with that sort of money involved.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#126 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:03 AM

The two centres for Tonga are some players. tackle like torpedo's and run the ball in like ragging bulls. I especially like Hurrell (no 3)  his tackle on the Italian 14 was something else, that's the way you do it Jason !!

#127 topladtownie

topladtownie
  • Coach
  • 780 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:25 AM

Careful lads H4E will be on as we aren't allowed to talk about the superstars you know.

Why has Jessie changed his name? Is it Jessie he has changed to something a bit more masculine? Forgive my ignorance but I don't take that much interest with the Jambo's players personal issues, no doubt it will be front page headlines in the N&S as his new haircut made the back page. ( I can feel H4E's blood boiling as I type he he!)

Funnily enough there is a thread on the deluded ones forum started by h4e, how predictable. Charlo's nicker sniffer then joining in, belittling our signing of top amateurs.  Haha yeah obviously the right way to go is to get loads of travellers in rather than signing amateurs like Brett & Callum Phillips  Amateurs who within one/two years of turning pro, just happen now to be in the squad of a quarter finalist team in world cup.  ;)

Edited by topladtownie, 11 November 2013 - 09:26 AM.

#128 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:36 PM

Funnily enough there is a thread on the deluded ones forum started by h4e, how predictable. Charlo's nicker sniffer then joining in, belittling our signing of top amateurs.  Haha yeah obviously the right way to go is to get loads of travellers in rather than signing amateurs like Brett & Callum Phillips  Amateurs who within one/two years of turning pro, just happen now to be in the squad of a quarter finalist team in world cup.  ;)

Whilst I applaud the signing of top local amateurs I, along with many others I suspect, await with interest the signing of one or two players with experience as well. Other teams are building up their squads and we are still wondering whether Thacks will be with us or what is the position with Brett Carter. We know we have lost Dowes and Acton. To capitalise on the interest and success of the World Cup and boost sales of season tickets, hearing of the signing of a couple of quality experienced players would go a long way.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#129 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:42 PM

For big Brett to be going up against the best player in either code of rugby right now head to head is just awesome for the lad . If that doesn't give you a boost what will . Nothing to fear playing anyone for town is there ? Gonna bring him on no end this competition .

#130 Havenwarrior

Havenwarrior
  • Coach
  • 622 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:49 PM

Just a question, now that Jessie Jay Turnstile has changed his name will that not affect his Visa with the boarder agency's, when he signed for the jam he was Parker, just asking.

Didn't take you long to pick up my question, you no thoughts of your own?

HW

#131 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:51 PM

PNG were pretty rubbish but he did more than fine . Menzies Jukebox was so lazy , he answered all the people who wonder why he isn't in SL .

Edited by DavidM, 11 November 2013 - 03:52 PM.

#132 Havenwarrior

Havenwarrior
  • Coach
  • 622 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:59 PM

PNG were pretty rubbish but he did more than fine . Menzies Jukebox was so lazy , he answered all the people who wonder why he isn't in SL .

I think Yere was one of their major disappointments, think it shows the step up from Champ to SL and then International is too much for even some outstanding Champ players.

HW

#133 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:02 PM

Aye , even looking to come in and get involved would have been a start . Also highlights just how well the two Brett's have done , going straight up without any SL experience .

Edited by DavidM, 11 November 2013 - 04:03 PM.

#134 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

Haven Warrior in all seriousness can you tell me why he changed his name and what to please?
Yere was very poor IMO and some of the PNG pack ran hard in attack, but were pretty lazy in defence in patches though.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#135 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:51 PM

Haven Warrior in all seriousness can you tell me why he changed his name and what to please?
Yere was very poor IMO and some of the PNG pack ran hard in attack, but were pretty lazy in defence in patches though.

Apparently marra i was told jessie joe nandye as always been his name on his passport dunno if theres any truth in that mind

#136 Havenwarrior

Havenwarrior
  • Coach
  • 622 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

Haven't a clue, seems very strange, maybe doesn't want to return, but I believe he signed a contract before he went home, maybe I was been synical, but with UK Border Control, it could be enough for him to be refused entry.

Mind you he just been here to play in WC, but not sure how that works, do teams have Mass Visas to get into country?

HW

#137 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:26 PM

Sounds a strange one but Parker is a european sounding name compared to Nandye.
We gave him a bit of stick when he arrived as the N&S new messiah, but he's come good for you. I haven't seen much of him though to make much judgement.
So does that mean he's playing under somebody else's name then Donald? That's surely illegal and a sine die ban then ain't it??

#138 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

Its maybe a common thing name changing with the south sea islanders mark leafa who used to play for us plays in the queensland cup under a different name now think its mark vaioi or summit like that

#139 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:44 PM

Andrew voss said he's ' changed his name mid career like Prince '

Edited by DavidM, 11 November 2013 - 06:44 PM.

#140 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:15 PM

Didn't take you long to pick up my question, you no thoughts of your own?

HW

Didn't know you had mentioned it marra, its just that all the Haven fans I speak to thinks he's coming back and with all the past problems you lot have had  with the  UK boarder agents I find it very strange that one off your top guns did this, but like someone said in a earlier post he's here now playing, but he signed on for you guys under JJP, I may be wrong but I don't think he will be back, but who knows, that's Havens problem not mine. I just asked the question out of curiosity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users