saturdays games

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 jananbillingsbarmyarmy

jananbillingsbarmyarmy
  • Coach
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

Your more a fool than them lot form hunslet if you believe all there nonsense my friend let someone at Mayfield on Thursday know who your are and I will get you a pint if your there 

#22 thepimp007

thepimp007
  • Coach
  • 478 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

Your more a fool than them lot form hunslet if you believe all there nonsense my friend let someone at Mayfield on Thursday know who your are and I will get you a pint if your there

I don't believe their nonsense all this bickering between clubs does the league no good, if I'm honest i just bit as it's maddening people saying poor effort when no one knows the lengths we were going to to get a side out! I won't be there Thursday and it's a shame because I haven't been to the new set up for various reasons

#23 Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

I don't believe their nonsense all this bickering between clubs does the league no good, if I'm honest i just bit as it's maddening people saying poor effort when no one knows the lengths we were going to to get a side out! I won't be there Thursday and it's a shame because I haven't been to the new set up for various reasons

"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . . . . . . . Which one did you perform? "

Andy 'Ghosty' Rogose is Ghostbuster

(Vice Chairman Rochdale Fijian Association) (Member Rochdale Mayfield A.R.L.F.C)

#24 Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

It's a shame as I'm sure this 'Imaginery' Cheque Book would of extended to buying you a Pint ! , Good Luck next Season
"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . . . . . . . Which one did you perform? "

(Vice Chairman Rochdale Fijian Association) (Member Rochdale Mayfield A.R.L.F.C)

#25 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

88-6 to mayfield

brow also got into the 80s with a 84-6 win over LMR

#26 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:27 PM

Apparently the referee up in Cumbria turned his clock back a week early so that Brow could get the points they needed to win the title , but despite all his efforts they missed the conversation they needed in the last kick of the second half which according to my sources lasted 55 mins .
Well done to Thatto and good luck to Brow in the play offs .

#27 thepimp007

thepimp007
  • Coach
  • 478 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:31 PM

It's a shame as I'm sure this 'Imaginery' Cheque Book would of extended to buying you a Pint ! , Good Luck next Season

Cheers pal would have expected more than one with size of that supposed cheque book........ Hanha

#28 redbeckroad

redbeckroad
  • Coach
  • 320 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

Your sources must have been on the sauce! Maximum 48 mins! Caused mainly by the ref having to stop the clock before every restart due to the fact that the Miners players looked like the were doing the "Green Mile" on the way back to the kick off.

#29 Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

Cheers pal would have expected more than one with size of that supposed cheque book........ Hanha

We would have sorted you a 'Carry Out' for the Journey Home ! ;-)

Edited by Ghostbuster, 19 October 2013 - 09:51 PM.

#30 Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:47 PM

We would have sorted a 'Carry Out' for the journey Home also ! ;-)

#31 jananbillingsbarmyarmy

jananbillingsbarmyarmy
  • Coach
  • 269 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

Another 4 trys for Joe yesterday that 26 for the season not bad going for a prop forward player of year in my opinion not been a forward any where near him all year 

#32 flatfell

flatfell
  • Coach
  • 139 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

That's because he has bad breath !!!
Sorry just a bit of banter and read your other texts

#33 One trick pony

One trick pony
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:47 PM

Wath brow also formed majority of scrums early/quick to get the clock stopped at every possible chance... Common sense really! I'm guessing your source didnt stop his watch

#34 sergei bubka

sergei bubka
  • Coach
  • 203 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

Your sources must have been on the sauce! Maximum 48 mins! Caused mainly by the ref having to stop the clock before every restart due to the fact that the Miners players looked like the were doing the "Green Mile" on the way back to the kick off.

i follwed it on the miners live macthcast and the 2nd half began at 15.24 and finished at 16.16. In anyones book that is 52 mins

GREASE MY POLE!

#35 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:06 AM

Miners travelled up to Cumbria with a patched up squad with seven lads making their debuts for the first team , so they knew things would be tough against a quality team.
What they didn't expect was the treatment they got from the ref ,from talking to many people in the game its not the first time this ref as been friendly with the home side , and apparently he was more than abusive with a senior respected Miners official after the game ( more to come on that one ).

Now wether its 8 ,10 or 12 mins played extra unless for serious injury that amount of extra time is unheard of in RL unless the ref and Brow coaching staff have links with Alex Ferguson.

Now I must state I was not at the game but my son played and in his words " I have never felt so much disgust for a match official in all my years playing the game "

Miners were never going to win the game but if anyone from the Brow can take any pride in that result and not admit help from the ref then they are not the good RL folk we have come to expect over the years .

#36 bigdog

bigdog
  • Players
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:26 AM

Typically sad people calling the wath brow hornets a team who play without any ex pro mercenaries!!!!!! And still win trophies!!!!! UP THE BROW

#37 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 951 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

Typically sad people calling the wath brow hornets a team who play without any ex pro mercenaries!!!!!! And still win trophies!!!!! UP THE BROW

Forgot, leroy joe didn't play pro did he. Don't understand what playing ex pro players has to do with the amount of added time played in the miners game, that's what people are discussing.

#38 Davo5

Davo5
  • Coach
  • 507 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

Is that senior respected miners official the one who was verbally abusing the young linesmen throughout the match,the senior respected miners official who one of your own coaching staff called an a...hole.I was at the match and miners did what any team in there position would do,try to slow the game down with a combination of messing about at the ruck which incurred several penalties and time waisting at restarts and scrums all of which resulted in the ref stopping the clock on numerous occasions.

#39 maxwel

maxwel
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:04 AM

Is that senior respected miners official the one who was verbally abusing the young linesmen throughout the match,the senior respected miners official who one of your own coaching staff called an a...hole.I was at the match and miners did what any team in there position would do,try to slow the game down with a combination of messing about at the ruck which incurred several penalties and time waisting at restarts and scrums all of which resulted in the ref stopping the clock on numerous occasions.

NO

Its nice to be important, but never forget its important to be nice!!!

#40 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

Its a sad situation when a club with the history of Leigh Miners ships 84 points anywhere, and a club of the stature of Dudley Hill fail to raise a side, and a team that have just won promotion to the premier division get beaten at home, conceding 88 points. Its also sad when amateur clubs are all sniping at each other, especially knowing how difficult it is to run an amateur club at this level, and it is sad that somebody from one of the above mention clubs phoned our scrum half and asked him to move to them next season. If it was not for the NCL I would give up with Rugby League altogether, but even the NCL now, it seems has falling standards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users