RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

saturdays games

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 hornet nest

hornet nest
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

i follwed it on the miners live macthcast and the 2nd half began at 15.24 and finished at 16.16. In anyones book that is 52 mins

you are right on huge times however what you failed to write was all the ball throwing away and slowly walking to the scrubs. What should be talked on the forum is how well both sides played. Miners for not giving up, inspire of having a weaker team and the brow for playing some nice rugby. did WBH say anything when at that to the ref played an additional 9 minutes and no one could see why

#42 hornet nest

hornet nest
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

Miners travelled up to Cumbria with a patched up squad with seven lads making their debuts for the first team , so they knew things would be tough against a quality team.What they didn't expect was the treatment they got from the ref ,from talking to many people in the game its not the first time this ref as been friendly with the home side , and apparently he was more than abusive with a senior respected Miners official after the game ( more to come on that one ).Now wether its 8 ,10 or 12 mins played extra unless for serious injury that amount of extra time is unheard of in RL unless the ref and Brow coaching staff have links with Alex Ferguson.Now I must state I was not at the game but my son played and in his words " I have never felt so much disgust for a match official in all my years playing the game "Miners were never going to win the game but if anyone from the Brow can take any pride in that result and not admit help from the ref then they are not the good RL folk we have come to expect over the years .

This will be the senior well respected member when we played at miners and the language and commentary over the mike was disgusting for all the first half and the start of the second half from him and another respect member until a committee member for miners went and had a word. as for the ref you obviously don't know him as he would not give the brow anything if he could help it, you are mistaking him for when he refs the egremont games. yes miners did come with a weaker team but that was down to the miners playing going on a stag do and had nothing to do with the brow that is down to commitment from the team. after saying that the miners team never gave up and they can take pride from that.

#43 Bison11

Bison11
  • Players
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

if the team is the same yes no worries but the pro teams are stiffing around 2/3 players so we will see

Don't think pro teams could match their expenses Jan?

#44 maxwel

maxwel
  • Coach
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

This will be the senior well respected member when we played at miners and the language and commentary over the mike was disgusting for all the first half and the start of the second half from him and another respect member until a committee member for miners went and had a word. as for the ref you obviously don't know him as he would not give the brow anything if he could help it, you are mistaking him for when he refs the egremont games. yes miners did come with a weaker team but that was down to the miners playing going on a stag do and had nothing to do with the brow that is down to commitment from the team. after saying that the miners team never gave up and they can take pride from that.

NO you are totally wrong and should not jump to conclusions. Firstly the person who did the commentary you talk off is not and never has been a committee member and was not  at the game. The second member you mention was me STEVE FARRELL AND I DID NOT USE ANY BAD LANGUAGE OVER THE MICROPHONE AT MINERS. Thirdly the 3rd member who you say had to have a word did so, but with the lad doing the scores as they happened which does not constitute a commentary. So really you have stirred up a hornets nest but not gained anything.

Its nice to be important, but never forget its important to be nice!!!

#45 jananbillingsbarmyarmy

jananbillingsbarmyarmy
  • Coach
  • 262 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

Don't think pro teams could match their expenses Jan?

Probably not but everyone wants a crack at playing pro don't they?

Edited by jananbillingsbarmyarmy, 21 October 2013 - 07:33 PM.

#46 ipods4ever

ipods4ever
  • Players
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

Janan all the haters will be on from hunslet and siddall believing your every word

#47 bountyhunter

bountyhunter
  • Coach
  • 140 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

what have hunslet n siddal got to be jealous of rochdale for

#48 sidsmudge

sidsmudge
  • Coach
  • 153 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:01 PM

hate is a very strong word ipods !!!