TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Raiders Sign Whitehaven's Palmer

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Appleman

Appleman
  • Coach
  • 209 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

http://www.nwemail.c...almer-1.1092248

Ever alert for the call to Craven Park

#2 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

another millomite................

is muzza trying to get both barrow and millom relegated next season? haha joke by the way

#3 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:26 PM

The club should get a coach company to put a discounted bus on from Millom every home game punters pay 3 quid return (or whatever works these days) coach company pays the rest in exchange for some PR or Hospitality or ad board on the perimeter wall/prog etc  

PS, Welcome lad.

Edited by mick wilson, 18 October 2013 - 10:27 PM.

#4 millomite

millomite
  • Coach
  • 665 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:00 AM

With another to be announced soon

#5 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

Have we bought him out of his contract? He better be good if we have...not sure if that's the way we want to bring players into the squad!

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#6 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

had a year left on his contract marra never had much of a chance with us supposed to be quality but never got a look in once we signed lee patterson at 13 and he was nowt special

#7 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

Wow , not getting a look in for Lee Patterson isn't a ringing endorsement to put on your cv.

#8 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

Wow , not getting a look in for Lee Patterson isn't a ringing endorsement to put on your cv.

ha he had a few decent games

#9 atp

atp
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

With this signing I think brings good news on two fronts, firstly the coach is looking at more than our best amauture players in the area to compete next season. Also our debt problem must be in a far better position than a couple of months ago when we had financial crisis meeting called by the BoD. To be able to move from that position a few months ago to buying players from other clubs, well done BoD.

#10 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

I hope your joking ATP.....for me buying players in contract is like opening the gates and throwing the money down the street. As far as I am aware no one has put money into the club and with the season over income is very tight. I hope we are not putting all our eggs in one basket in the hope of bigger crowds next season.

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#11 Raider94

Raider94
  • Coach
  • 308 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

Dont gett soss started on another rant about the clubs financial state, be here for weeks.

Tom Heighton

#12 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 600 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:59 PM

Always one who likes to put a down side on things.

#13 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

In my opinion paying any fee is money wasted. As for me "ranting" about the club finances was it not the BoD that disclosed critical financial aspects of the club? Some people seem to think that all is okay as it's never mentioned by the BoD...look what happened a few years ago with people sticking their head in the sand!
What concerns me is the fact that we seem to be paying twice for things 2 coaches, contractual payments to other clubs (according to the mail) for players that were injured or other circumstances that prevented him getting into our competitors first 17!!!
As I said before he needs to prove himself worthy of the financial investment no matter how big it is.

Edited by soss, 19 October 2013 - 02:16 PM.

#14 dee46

dee46
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

can not see him getting to many starts at 13 with danny jones and dan toal but could do with a big centre

Edited by dee46, 19 October 2013 - 03:38 PM.

#15 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

I signed him you idiot...think you have me mixed up with someone else. I have NEVER advocated getting rid of Holty. Some people amaze me on here!
Ps I was not at the Workington game with I assume you mean Neil. I was travelling to Scotland after the away game and stood with a friend called Pete. If your going to call the pair of us please get your facts right.

Edited by soss, 19 October 2013 - 05:35 PM.

#16 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

Read the post...like I say you just make it up to suit as you never read things properly...haha

#17 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

Why don't you just give the lad a chance. Honestly soss you and your chuckle brother friend just can't stop having a go. I heard you in the crowd as far back as when we played Workington away saying the bod should get rid if Holty.

This chuckle brother stepped up when the club was at its lowest to firstly re build the wall to stop the ground being closed then to build a financial plan to bring the club from the point of bankruptcy to once again play Rugby.  When I have been asked to get something done I did it and accomplished it. When I saw an opportunity for the club I drove forward until I accomplished it so I can hold my head up high and everything I have predicted over the past 18 months has come true.

If you want to ridicule anyone then have a go at those that blow hot air and do nothing  :bb:

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#18 Raider94

Raider94
  • Coach
  • 308 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

What im getting at soss is that you go on about the clubs CURRENT financial situation, when you left a while ago. The situation could be a lot better now than it was when you were involved, which would explain why we are buying players.

Tom Heighton

#19 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

Well you predicted the club was going to go bust on a number of occasions but it hasn't. I doubt your plan is the one the bod are using now. I think it's just sour grapes that there still going. And seem to be doing very well. And I'm pleased for the bod. The pair are you are just bitter there still going.

My predictions were correct and if you had half a brain you would look on companies house at the accounts then wonder why has the AGM not happened and HOW did the Bod get around the financial crisis that was announced early this year.  You may find more than egg on ones face  ;)

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#20 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

can not see him getting to many starts at 13 with danny jones and dan toal but could do with a big centre

In today's mail Murray says Harrison could be moving back to centre

Edited by raiders96, 19 October 2013 - 06:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users