TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Raiders Sign Whitehaven's Palmer

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 dee46

dee46
  • Players
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:25 PM

i dont know if that would be a good thing or a bad think he is great in both who would partner haggerty in the second row if he did move him back to centre

#22 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

In today's mail Murray says Harrison could be moving back to centre

Great decision in my opinion strong centres give the wingers more freedom.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#23 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

My predictions were correct and if you had half a brain you would look on companies house at the accounts then wonder why has the AGM not happened and HOW did the Bod get around the financial crisis that was announced early this year.  You may find more than egg on ones face  ;)

I would imagine an AGM would be announced for next year, so it can show 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 accounts. And they probably got around the current financial situation through a bit of hard work. I'm only assuming mind you.

FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#24 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 317 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

They should have done this/that,I did this/that,sick of hearing it it's boring!
Put up or shut up!

#25 joe142

joe142
  • Coach
  • 395 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:55 PM

I'd like to see Harrison switch back to the centre and play with a bit more width this year!

#26 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,272 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:04 AM

I'd rather Harrison stay at second row. Makes so many metres in that position and gets the ball far more often. He can go missing in games at centre IMO.

#27 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:55 AM

You would always have the option to place him in the second row, however do you not think that the majority of his tries are still scored from a centre position. Let someone else run the ball at the forwards and use his strength and offload capabilities in the position he is best at IMO.

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#28 Paul Ballantyne

Paul Ballantyne
  • Coach
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:37 AM

I would keep him in the second row position only because I felt he became greedy while playing with nico as his wingman which in turn led to nico looking pointless! I would like to see a centre in the mould of Adam hughes who would draw in 2 defenders and then slip the ball to the winger..

#29 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

So this is a fact is it ?, You're guessing when you just don't know, Pot calling Kettle spring to mind.

A few posters on here always have a pop at Soss or Neil, When they have done more to help this club out than all of you whingers combind.

IMHO I've rather have them posting on here than not as they have General RL, Business & Insider knowledge of the workings of the Club & id imagine hear better sourced info than the rest of us.   

What im getting at soss is that you go on about the clubs CURRENT financial situation, when you left a while ago. The situation could be a lot better now than it was when you were involved, which would explain why we are buying players.

which would explain why we are buying players.

#30 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

Well you predicted the club was going to go bust on a number of occasions but it hasn't. I doubt your plan is the one the bod are using now. I think it's just sour grapes that there still going. And seem to be doing very well. And I'm pleased for the bod. The pair are you are just bitter there still going.

This means nothing but highlights your lack of knowledge of how business's "can" be operated

#31 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

I would imagine an AGM would be announced for next year, so it can show 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 accounts. And they probably got around the current financial situation through a bit of hard work. I'm only assuming mind you.

I'm guessing it would be a combo of hard graft & creative financing, but lets all enjoy the fact we still have club to support & hope we get out of the mire sometime in the future, the more input by yourgood self and others the stronger we will become.  

#32 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

I'm guessing it would be a combo of hard graft & creative financing, but lets all enjoy the fact we still have club to support & hope we get out of the mire sometime in the future, the more input by yourgood self and others the stronger we will become.

Well said Mick

We need input from everyone on hear and we need open discussion ... long may Mike and Neil post as to their take on whats going on

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#33 rooster2003

rooster2003
  • Coach
  • 405 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

Big soap box, Jesus

#34 Sempur

Sempur
  • Coach
  • 563 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

I would like to see The Bull back at centre, but he would need a good wingman, whats Nico up to at the mo?
Whoso sheds his blood with me on this field shall be my brother - Henry V

#35 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 534 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

Having a run out at dalton.
Rip the bludgers heads off!

#36 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

So this is a fact is it ?, You're guessing when you just don't know, Pot calling Kettle spring to mind.

A few posters on here always have a pop at Soss or Neil, When they have done more to help this club out than all of you whingers combind.

IMHO I've rather have them posting on here than not as they have General RL, Business & Insider knowledge of the workings of the Club & id imagine hear better sourced info than the rest of us.   

A few posters having a pop with little knowledge of the workings of the club would not stop me assisting were ever I could  :tongue:   Besides both me and Mike took the same flack during 2011 and all along the rumours were correct  :pickeat:

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#37 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:05 AM

I seem to get the feeling that your not new to this site but another person not man enough to speak out under their own name...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users