Rams Twitter account

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Simon Kerr

Simon Kerr
  • Coach
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:34 AM

What's happening with the official Rams twitter account... Any plans for the club to start using it again?

#2 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:15 AM

I'd be willing to do it needs to be done because the club is not getting enough exposure came up at the fans forum recently but typically dewsbuey have done nothing yet again

#3 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:22 AM

Didn't someone put their hands up to do it a while back?,but nothing has happend since.

#4 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,759 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:11 AM

We can find news in the papers if we search but the club seem disinterested in keeping fans informed as always.

http://www.thepressn...sorship-plight/

Does the club do PR?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#5 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

The club do no PR! Not even the basic PR!

#6 Dewsbury Rams

Dewsbury Rams
  • Players
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:27 PM

Dewsbury Rams are aware of the poor use of both the Twitter and Facebook accounts as well as the issues of keeping both the web site and fans forum up to date. We do not have the resources in house to keep on top of the social media side of things (only two full time employees at the club) but we do know that in today's climate it is important. About a month or so ago we finally recruited a volunteer who agreed to take over this operation. Unfortunately this hasn't worked out because of work commitments so the person concerned has had to give backword. We are therefore again asking if anyone would be interested in taking on this voluntary role. If you are interested please e-mail us with your contact details on info@dewsburyrams.co.uk We would of course require any interested party to attend an interview at the club to discuss the post and the implications of it. Hopefully communications will improve in the not too distant future.

#7 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

Dewsbury Rams are aware of the poor use of both the Twitter and Facebook accounts as well as the issues of keeping both the web site and fans forum up to date. We do not have the resources in house to keep on top of the social media side of things (only two full time employees at the club) but we do know that in today's climate it is important. About a month or so ago we finally recruited a volunteer who agreed to take over this operation. Unfortunately this hasn't worked out because of work commitments so the person concerned has had to give backword. We are therefore again asking if anyone would be interested in taking on this voluntary role. If you are interested please e-mail us with your contact details on info@dewsburyrams.co.uk We would of course require any interested party to attend an interview at the club to discuss the post and the implications of it. Hopefully communications will improve in the not too distant future.

Come on, two full-time employees maybe - but how long does it take to send a Tweet or post a Facebook status every other day? No more than 5 minutes.

Posted Image

#8 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

Personally there is only one man for this job.

And once his world cup commitments are done....of course BSJ.. ;)

I'm talking of young master Thomas Coates
The job is so suited to him it's utterly pointless appointing anybody else

#9 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

Personally there is only one man for this job.

And once his world cup commitments are done....of course BSJ.. ;)

I'm talking of young master Thomas Coates
The job is so suited to him it's utterly pointless appointing anybody else

Can't think of anyone better suited for the job then Tom.Would be great to have him back,we had some kind of news almost on a daily basis when he was doing it last time round.

#10 Rambo

Rambo
  • Coach
  • 508 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

If only 2 full time employees at the club you can understand them not having time.

However someone like Tom in charge of Marketing/Advertising/Media would soon recoup the outlay in wages and would really bring the club on.
Posted Image

#11 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:19 AM

I'm not saying nail him down to a permanent position, the lads savvy on tweets & Facebook and would take him long to update... Don't forget he could do all this without having to go to the club.

The club could ring him with a daily press release and while he' Sat on the train home up all the info to the internet.

Simple solutions for simple people ;)

#12 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:05 AM

I agree

#13 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,759 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:40 PM

I'm not saying nail him down to a permanent position, the lads savvy on tweets & Facebook and would take him long to update... Don't forget he could do all this without having to go to the club.

The club could ring him with a daily press release and while he' Sat on the train home up all the info to the internet.

Simple solutions for simple people ;)

Hmmm. In the time it takes to ring someone else with press releases etc they could have posted them to various social media accounts themselves. There are free accounts available that news can be posted onto and it will automatically update all of this to Twitter/Facebook/whatever so doesn't need multiple activity to achieve. It's easy, even I could do it, and I'm an old gimmer (certificates to prove this available).

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#14 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

We'll maybe the 2 staff in the office ain't up with 21st century communications devices and social media revolution.

Might be time to get some 21st century staff onboard.

#15 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

We'll maybe the 2 staff in the office ain't up with 21st century communications devices and social media revolution.

Might be time to get some 21st century staff onboard.

So in your last couple of comments you have hired someone and fired someone.

If the club did indeed set up an RSS feed there would no doubt be fans moaning that everything was generic and same across all the platforms. In my eyes, what seperates a local club like Dewsbury from a superleague club is the touch of personality. The willingness to converse with it's fans, to ask for input, ideas and to capitalise where it can on relevant issues and oppertunities.

I think people (and possibly the club) are failing to recognise the importance of a social media strategy that applies to all fans collectively yet in a way which feels personal and relevant. The fact is that social media is a gift and can offer advertisement at a cost which just a few years ago was well out of Dewsburys budget and the club really should use a bit of creativity, thought and take advantage of the opertunities and brand awareness that social media offers - Rather than look at it as simply a platform to advise fans about recent going ons at the club which I suspect is what most fans are looking for.

The skill is hitting all your targets with a single shot - And that, in my opinion is what the club should be looking to implement.

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#16 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:09 AM

Moron

Where did it say fire!!!!

There's plenty of youngsters savvy on using Facebook... They live on it

Give a kid some experience

You've always got to be negative ain't you

Our fan base is on its ars.e and we're just not attracting young people to be interested in the game.

Might be the time to build a bridge and use the communication's they use

And for firing... Yeah I've done it and I'd be more than happy to fire you!!!

Back to your own planet ;)

#17 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

Moron

Where did it say fire!!!!

There's plenty of youngsters savvy on using Facebook... They live on it

Give a kid some experience

You've always got to be negative ain't you

Our fan base is on its ars.e and we're just not attracting young people to be interested in the game.

Might be the time to build a bridge and use the communication's they use

And for firing... Yeah I've done it and I'd be more than happy to fire you!!!

Back to your own planet ;)

Now you've hired someone, fired someone, called someone a moron and invented a new planet.

Why don't you do the social media? I think you'd be good :)

Edited by funkmaster flex, 24 October 2013 - 08:53 AM.

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#18 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,759 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

So in your last couple of comments you have hired someone and fired someone.

If the club did indeed set up an RSS feed there would no doubt be fans moaning that everything was generic and same across all the platforms. In my eyes, what seperates a local club like Dewsbury from a superleague club is the touch of personality. The willingness to converse with it's fans, to ask for input, ideas and to capitalise where it can on relevant issues and oppertunities.

I think people (and possibly the club) are failing to recognise the importance of a social media strategy that applies to all fans collectively yet in a way which feels personal and relevant. The fact is that social media is a gift and can offer advertisement at a cost which just a few years ago was well out of Dewsburys budget and the club really should use a bit of creativity, thought and take advantage of the opertunities and brand awareness that social media offers - Rather than look at it as simply a platform to advise fans about recent going ons at the club which I suspect is what most fans are looking for.

The skill is hitting all your targets with a single shot - And that, in my opinion is what the club should be looking to implement.

All of this is true of course FF. However a start point of actually advising fans about what is going on wouldn't be too bad would it?

I fully understand that the current staff will feel under-resourced but I would ask if we could find out what other clubs at our level do, if anything.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#19 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

What is the club doing about advertising the boxing day game against Batley? Maybe slash the match price down to £10 for the game.

Edited by Eddie_Rombo, 24 October 2013 - 08:01 PM.

#20 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

What is the club doing about advertising the boxing day game against Batley? Maybe slash the match price down to £10 for the game.

With it been a shared gate,can't see both clubs wanting to lose money on what will most likely be our biggest attendance of the season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users