Rams Twitter account

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,536 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

With it been a shared gate,can't see both clubs wanting to lose money on what will most likely be our biggest attendance of the season.

Yep. We'll get a decent attendance in any case so why drop the prices? Both clubs need all the money they can get after all.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#22 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:32 PM

Suppose so. But what is the club doing to attract new supporters?

#23 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,536 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:25 AM

Suppose so. But what is the club doing to attract new supporters?

That's a completely different thread ER but slashing prices certainly isn't the way to do it, not if we all want a club to follow for the foreseeable future.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#24 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

Yep. We'll get a decent attendance in any case so why drop the prices? Both clubs need all the money they can get after all.

I agree. This match is unlike any of the others either club will play during the season proper, and by and large doesn't need that much extra publicity.

The route of selling our product cheaply tends to only diminish the product and Bradford are our example of the inevitable conclusion of this marketing approach.

#25 giveuplinno

giveuplinno
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

So.....this is what I would do......Attend the boxing day game and get a voucher for a reduced admission price for a future game.Just a thought.

Before that though..... aren't we missing a trick....... ,What about  a Bonfire ???I cant believe that we don't sort one out! we have a massive area and the facilities to cater for lots of people and we don't use them! I would gladly hold my hand up to sort this out.Charge £2 per adult and 50p per kid and we could put more cash into the club plus beer sales. outlay would only be Fireworks. Food which would be chargeable i.e pie n peas. i'm sure we could get a decent price if we used local suppliers! food for thought for next year, chairman.

If the chair likes this idea i'm contactable. ask DTID.

#26 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

I remember taking the kids to a bonfire/fireworks at the mount in the 90's with the kids

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#27 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,536 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:53 AM

I remember taking the kids to a bonfire/fireworks at the mount in the 90's with the kids

And you could take the kids!

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users