scotlands warm up match

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 855 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

If any of you guys are going to the Scotland's warm up match today, would you be kind enough to let us Townies know how our 3 players perform, Brett Carter, Brett Phillips and Callum Phillips, cheers guys it will be much appreciated . 

#2 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

16-10 to png HT

One of phillips scored after a min in corner

#3 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 855 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

16-10 to png HT

One of phillips scored after a min in corner

Cheers pal, what was the match like. 

#4 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,802 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

It was Brett Carter who scored early for Scotland.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#5 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

Apologies it was Carter

Thought Scotland were poor and will be lucky to make 1/4 on that showing - Danny Brough was shocking and got taken off after 30 mins and never returned, PNG got some decent players and scored some superb individual and skillful efforts and may spring a suprise

Cant say the Workington players made much of an impression really, Carter may have scored but there were a lot of minibreaks and mistackles from both Scottish wingers and he was one of them, i think he got taken off as did the other two during the game

Edited by elppaxr2i, 19 October 2013 - 04:52 PM.

#6 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:26 AM

1400 there no bad at all.
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#7 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:25 AM

1400 there no bad at all.

yes, i think rovers proved yesterday they could have handled a world cup match if given the chance

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#8 The Grinder

The Grinder
  • Coach
  • 635 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

Apologies it was Carter

Thought Scotland were poor and will be lucky to make 1/4 on that showing - Danny Brough was shocking and got taken off after 30 mins and never returned, PNG got some decent players and scored some superb individual and skillful efforts and may spring a suprise

Cant say the Workington players made much of an impression really, Carter may have scored but there were a lot of minibreaks and mistackles from both Scottish wingers and he was one of them, i think he got taken off as did the other two during the game

Thought Brough's kicking game was top draw and didn't do much wrong with ball in hand. For me he got taken off to see how the other half backs could perform without him and at the time Scotland were in the lead and playing the better rugby.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

#9 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

Thought Brough's kicking game was top draw and didn't do much wrong with ball in hand. For me he got taken off to see how the other half backs could perform without him and at the time Scotland were in the lead and playing the better rugby.

yep

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users