Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup Final November 2013

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Flying 5

Flying 5
  • Coach
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:16 AM

Only 11 tickets left anyone still wishing to buy tickets PM me.

Once they're gone they're gone.

#2 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 405 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:34 PM

England won't be there on 2 nites performance I went to salford and they were terrible but the Italians were fantastic

#3 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:01 AM

England won't be there on 2 nites performance I went to salford and they were terrible but the Italians were fantastic

Perhaps not (though you never know) - Check my report here: http://www.leaguefre...-to-dread-5979/

Even so, either Australia or New Zealand (or both) will be there, and in a stadium where 60,000 tickets have already been sold, it is sure to be one heck of a game/night/experiance!

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#4 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

Perhaps not (though you never know) - Check my report here: http://www.leaguefre...-to-dread-5979/

Even so, either Australia or New Zealand (or both) will be there, and in a stadium where 60,000 tickets have already been sold, it is sure to be one heck of a game/night/experiance!

Haven't heard Macnamara's excuses but I bet he sounded like wozzer. My own opinion is that the NRL game is so different from SL, that realistically It was always going to be impossible to get any kind of communication between the NRL and SL based players - last night seems to have proved it. To me, any idea that you can combine Australian and British based players, give them a couple of days training and the odd warm up match together and then expect them to turn over the Aussies is quite frankly laughable. We might as well have thrown in a couple of RU players just to make things even more difficult for ourselves. Glad I didn't buy any tickets.

#5 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 971 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

Still looking forward to going to the England games and the final,these are the kind of events where you can say i was there.Last big game was when i saw Darren Lockyer last game at Elland Road.

#6 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

Its a warm up game.It wasnt important,if we had given our all and got a few key players injured.This was a big game for Italy their not expected to do well and this was a a bit like a mini final for them.

#7 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,457 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

England are third favourites and the bookies never get anything wrong do they? (Apparently some were offering Italy 30+ start yesterday!)

Australia and New Zealand are clear favourites to meet in the final, which might be decided by the very first game next Saturday; let's see what happens there first eh?

Personally I'm still looking forward to the competition very much and the only way that I'll get to see many games is by attending, so I'm off to three so far, all of which don't feature England.

Can't you remember when you just used to enjoy watching RL for it's own sake GOR instead of getting het up about England/GB/the current coach? It is actually quite good you know! Cheer up.

:drinks: :clapping:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#8 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

Its a warm up game.It wasnt important,if we had given our all and got a few key players injured.This was a big game for Italy their not expected to do well and this was a a bit like a mini final for them.

So what do you reckon we will have gained from that outing ? I'm sure the Italians will want a more competitive match for their next friendly - Shaw cross sharks maybe, or against the pig and ballbearing in Rochdale. :(

#9 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:01 PM

England are third favourites and the bookies never get anything wrong do they? (Apparently some were offering Italy 30+ start yesterday!)

Australia and New Zealand are clear favourites to meet in the final, which might be decided by the very first game next Saturday; let's see what happens there first eh?

Personally I'm still looking forward to the competition very much and the only way that I'll get to see many games is by attending, so I'm off to three so far, all of which don't feature England.

Can't you remember when you just used to enjoy watching RL for it's own sake GOR instead of getting het up about England/GB/the current coach? It is actually quite good you know! Cheer up.

:drinks: :clapping:

Aye, I can BSJ - I can also remember when we used to be able to give the Aussies a game, and when the squad would have been insulted by having to play against the thirteenth rated nation, let alone get beaten by them. But hey ho times is hard and things have changed. Course it could all be a cunning plan to lull the Aussies into a sense of false security, and next week we'll all be hailing Mac as a tactical genius, who is to rugby what Nelson was to naval warfare. Wonder what odds I can get on an England victory now. :mosking:

#10 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:35 PM

Nice to see the Dewsbury mentality continue to the national side.Were doomed before we start.

#11 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:22 AM

Nice to see the Dewsbury mentality continue to the national side.Were doomed before we start.

That's about the size of it. The bottom line is that a good performance would have seen us going into the Aussie match with confidence and belief - now we wont. Best hope is that the Aussies think they only need to turn up - bit like we did.

#12 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,457 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:52 AM

France 18 - 22 USA

That is either:

a) a great result for competitive international RL

B) a shambles by the French and especially their coach - "Agar out"

Discuss.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#13 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

France 18 - 22 USA

That is either:

Discuss.

Not sure that that result is such a huge surprise. What does seem to stand out is that the northern hemisphere are rapidly beginning to drop towards the level of Aussie country standard rugby (I assume the USA, like Italy, had a squad with numerous lower level Aussies in it). Worrying all round I'd say. :(

#14 Ossy

Ossy
  • Coach
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:20 PM

France 18 - 22 USA

That is either:

Discuss.

Obvious... It's the coach !!!

#15 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

Stick my neck out now

Narrow defeat to the aussies on saturday

Last thing the competition needs is a
Landslide score line... Australia not to score more than 10 points second half

A bold prediction ;)

#16 Flying 5

Flying 5
  • Coach
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

47 tickets sold, be quick, at this rate they will be gone by Monday.

#17 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

Stick my neck out now

Narrow defeat to the aussies on saturday

Last thing the competition needs is a
Landslide score line... Australia not to score more than 10 points second half

A bold prediction ;)

Whatever happens, I hope the Burgess boys have storming games - good Dewsbury lads of whom the town should be proud. Anybody know the largest number of Dewsbury born players in a GB/England team ?

#18 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

Whatever happens, I hope the Burgess boys have storming games - good Dewsbury lads of whom the town should be proud. Anybody know the largest number of Dewsbury born players in a GB/England team ?

Thought they were from Liversedge?

#19 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

Mcbanana doesn't think we will win the world cup. Maybe it has something to do with the players HE chose.

#20 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:47 AM

McNamara's a pretty poor coach. Fact. Lets face it though, the team that played against Italy could have been coached by Warren Jowitt and should still have won at a canter. I'm also fairly sure that he won't have encouraged Gareth Hock and his fellow morons to have gone on a post-match booze up to celebrate that defeat. The events of the last week say far, far more about the mentality and professionalism of our 'elite' players than McNamara's coaching ability.

Edited by TheTerminator, 26 October 2013 - 12:48 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users