Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup Final November 2013

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:34 AM

The RLWC games have all been great so far - something of a throwback in fact. Played in "proper" RL conditions with bags of commitment, no little skill - tough but honest.

So what if the Aussies will win it again in the end? The games in the meantime have been a joy to watch (thank you Virgin Media).

Absolutely, did you watch the NZ game? Every hit was a huge collision!

I was talkling to someone prior to the world cup and they couldnt see the point in the world cup, that the finalists were obvious etc. They were keen to keep a Tri Nations as those were the only real contenders. But just this first week has shown us how far some countries have come in terms of development which can only be a good thing. And hopefully, in the coming years more and more locally born players will saturate the sides rather than Aussies seemingly claiming residence everywhere and anywhere. For now however I do recognise the benefit that overseas players bring the likes of the USA and Italy et al.

Still, to get back to your point BSJ I have to say I am completely with you on this one - Quality, spirited, international rugby league every night, who cares who wins! 

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#42 muddyfunster

muddyfunster
  • Coach
  • 942 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:39 PM

Absolutely, did you watch the NZ game? Every hit was a huge collision!

I was talkling to someone prior to the world cup and they couldnt see the point in the world cup, that the finalists were obvious etc. They were keen to keep a Tri Nations as those were the only real contenders. But just this first week has shown us how far some countries have come in terms of development which can only be a good thing. And hopefully, in the coming years more and more locally born players will saturate the sides rather than Aussies seemingly claiming residence everywhere and anywhere. For now however I do recognise the benefit that overseas players bring the likes of the USA and Italy et al.

Still, to get back to your point BSJ I have to say I am completely with you on this one - Quality, spirited, international rugby league every night, who cares who wins! 

Such a shame the BBC or another free to air channel couldn't be bothered to show more interest. Just a highlights program during the week, even via the red button would do.

Maybe Premier is the way forward for us RL fans.

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/

name.png

#43 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:00 PM

The best teams with the best players don't guarantee the best game and ultimatly following sport is about entertainment and enjoyment. The so called lesser teams have made this world cup so far for me.

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#44 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,989 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:28 PM

The best teams with the best players don't guarantee the best game and ultimatly following sport is about entertainment and enjoyment. The so called lesser teams have made this world cup so far for me.

Yep, me too!

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#45 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,579 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:55 PM

Yep, me too!

You and Piggy are beginning to sound like an item. :O Anyway, just because some of you clever dikkies have got 'premier', doesn't mean sky is rubbish. The Indian Kabaddi on Sunday, for example. was very exciting - the beach volleyball from Sydney was tops as well. 8)

#46 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,989 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:58 AM

You and Piggy are beginning to sound like an item. :O Anyway, just because some of you clever dikkies have got 'premier', doesn't mean sky is rubbish. The Indian Kabaddi on Sunday, for example. was very exciting - the beach volleyball from Sydney was tops as well. 8)

...and only £27 per month, whereas we have to put up with RL on Premier FOR FREE!

Even so, that didn't stop me driving to Hull KR last night for more live action - always better than the telly don't you think?

:tease:

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#47 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,579 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:29 AM

...and only £27 per month, whereas we have to put up with RL on Premier FOR FREE!

Even so, that didn't stop me driving to Hull KR last night for more live action - always better than the telly don't you think?

Not often you see Hull and Live in the same sentence. ;)

#48 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 381 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:29 PM

I always prefer live action myself
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#49 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:41 PM

You and Piggy are beginning to sound like an item. :O

Its about time BSJ updated his picture too he's aged alot since that one was taken :bad:

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#50 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,989 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

Its about time BSJ updated his picture too he's aged alot since that one was taken :bad:

Botox!!

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users