Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Well done Ian Ego Lenaghan

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:13 PM

http://www.thepressn...sorship-plight/

Yep well done to the Wigan chairman for his unprofessional approach to re-structuring proposals.

Let's hope whatever proposals are agreed meet with the approval of Sir Ian Lenaghan as after all he is the most important person in the history of the game. Well at least in his own eyes. Not quite the same when he was making such a success at London.........

Already cost Dewsbury a new sponsor.

Edited by Wakefield Ram, 19 October 2013 - 12:17 PM.

#2 redjonn

redjonn
  • Coach
  • 871 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:18 PM

Yep well done to the Wigan chairman for his unprofessional approach to re-structuring proposals.

Let's hope whatever proposals are agreed meet with the approval of Sir Ian Lenaghan as after all he is the most important person in the history of the game.

Already cost Dewsbury a sponsor.

Actually I take it the other way... the worst type of scaremongering... and finding an easy scapegoat for yer own failings.

#3 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,804 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

I'm sorry but we can't hold back the future for the sake of tin pot teams who drag the whole competition down, the time has come to move on and let the struggling teams die, only the strong should survive.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#4 Cherry and White

Cherry and White
  • Coach
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

Actually I take it the other way... the worst type of scaremongering... and finding an easy scapegoat for yer own failings.

spot on.

HOLD ON TIGHT TO YOUR DREAM.

liverpool fc-rome 1977
wigan rl-wembley 1985
redsox-2004
GB RL-?????
Lancashire cricket 2011

#5 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,094 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:25 PM

the company in question had been left stunned by the sport’s lack of professionalism and withdrew interest immediately.

To be fair, it was only a matter of time before they found out about this.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#6 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,658 posts

teams are struggling cos they are being held down...

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#7 WakefieldCityLoyal

WakefieldCityLoyal
  • Coach
  • 152 posts

Blame the RFL for being unprofessional not sl chairman

#8 Daltoni

Daltoni
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

I'm taking that as a sick joke yes?

#9 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

I'm sorry but we can't hold back the future for the sake of tin pot teams who drag the whole competition down, the time has come to move on and let the struggling teams die, only the strong should survive.

In case you hadn't noticed, there's considerably more 'tin pot' teams than there are who can fully support themselves. Bring it on and there'll be a 'SL' of about 4 clubs within 3 years.......

#10 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

Let's hope whatever proposals are agreed meet with the approval of Sir Ian Lenaghan as after all he is the most important person in the history of the game. Well at least in his own eyes. Not quite the same when he was making such a success at London.........

Already cost Dewsbury a new sponsor.

Mr Lenegan does not think the game below SL should exist, I imagine he'll be well pleased at this.

Glad something got sorted for this fine club.

Blame the RFL for being unprofessional not sl chairman

Do you actually know anything about what's been going on?

#11 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,804 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

In case you hadn't noticed, there's considerably more 'tin pot' teams than there are who can fully support themselves. Bring it on and there'll be a 'SL' of about 4 clubs within 3 years.......

teams like dewsbury batley hunslet will never amount to anything why should super league support them die or merge the time has come to clear out the wasters.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#12 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,844 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

Mr Lenegan does not think the game below SL should exist, I imagine he'll be well pleased at this.

is there any record of him saying this? Can you provide a quote or a link?

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#13 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

teams like dewsbury batley hunslet will never amount to anything why should super league support them die or merge the time has come to clear out the wasters.

Who would you suggest they merger with and for what purpose?

#14 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,844 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:21 PM

clear them out from where?the championship and champship one? The clubs you mention matter a lot to the game and do some very good work on and off the pitch. What makes them 'wasters'

Maybe I'm missing something and this is a whoosh moment.

however...So the Rams have failed in a sponsorship deal. Has that never happened before? It seems a bit of a cop out to blame others for it.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#15 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:28 PM

Utterly breath taking in its ignorance. What exactly constitutes amounting to something? As the above post states, these clubs are valuable to their towns and communities, though some fail to see this.

How exactly does the SL support my own club of Batley?

#16 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,094 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

Says a lot about how some rugby league clubs want to promote themselves that getting a 'name' sponsor like Yorkshire Building Society in place as main shirt sponsor is buried in the article.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#17 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

Says a lot about how some rugby league clubs want to promote themselves that getting a 'name' sponsor like Yorkshire Building Society in place as main shirt sponsor is buried in the article.

Its Yorkshire Building Services - Not the building society.

#18 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

is there any record of him saying this? Can you provide a quote or a link?

Call it an opinion piece

#19 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

Jesus Christ, are you for real?

:banghead:

#20 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

clear them out from where?the championship and champship one? The clubs you mention matter a lot to the game and do some very good work on and off the pitch. What makes them 'wasters'

Spot on

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users