Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Well done Ian Ego Lenaghan

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,019 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

Mr Lenegan does not think the game below SL should exist, I imagine he'll be well pleased at this.

Glad something got sorted for this fine club.

Do you actually know anything about what's been going on?

Mr Lenegan does not think the game below SL should exist,

Fiction, complete fiction.

#62 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,839 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

well said

Agreed
I don't agree with the proposed changes to the game
But to denigrate hard working clubs like Batley and other championship/championship 1 clubs who make a real difference to the game and their communities and have progressed almost beyond recognition as sporting organisations is ignorant, crass and stupid
Although I do think that the original story betrays a willingness to pass the buck by people at the rams

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 20 October 2013 - 10:00 AM.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#63 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,019 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

http://www.thepressn...sorship-plight/

Yep well done to the Wigan chairman for his unprofessional approach to re-structuring proposals.

Let's hope whatever proposals are agreed meet with the approval of Sir Ian Lenaghan as after all he is the most important person in the history of the game. Well at least in his own eyes. Not quite the same when he was making such a success at London.........

Already cost Dewsbury a new sponsor.

I'm sure you'll find another  scrap metal merchant as professional as the previous one.  

Edited by JohnM, 20 October 2013 - 10:03 AM.

#64 WakefieldCityLoyal

WakefieldCityLoyal
  • Coach
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

It wasn't trinity metals by any chance?

#65 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,416 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

i am all for a super league 2 and if the likes of batley dewsbury and the rest can get decent backers increase crowds by 5 or six thousand all well and good if they can't well like i said before they will have to pack it in, the same goes for any super league club that can't hack it. get rid of the no hopers and we will prosper it's the strugglers that are holding back rugby league

Maurice Lindsay's back folks!

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#66 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

Ian Lenegan thinks the RFL are amateur and unprofessional in the way they are unable to attract sponsors and investors into Rugby League. He, and he says those with him, are successful business men and they wish to change and improve matters at the RFL so that Rugby League can develop its profile into producing more sponsors, advertisers and partners which will generate far more revenue than is at present being done.

He sees the re-structure as irrelevent as it is just one more which doesn't solve the basic fault in the game which is a lack of revenue. He believes that increasing revenue is the priority for the game.
As for SKY money being distributed at a higher level then at present to Championship clubs, then why?
There are clubs, mainly at the bottom end of SL, which desperately need additional revenue to help with their fiancial difficulties.

The RFL cancelled the meeting as a majority of SL clubs wanted it cancelled.
It would appear that if the majority are against the RFL's proposals then there has been a power shift amongst the SL clubs themselves.

Well would you believe it,Where did such a load of sense come from.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users