What odds England now?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,980 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

Well Mr McNamara's private members club lost out today 14 - 15 to Italy, with a Queensland Cup pair of half-backs running the show for Italy. Meanwhile the England Knights (reserves)beat Samoa 52 - 16, using form players and of course with a different coach!!!

McNamara's stubbornness could once again make us the laughing stock at this World Cup.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#2 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 498 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

Least it should get rid of the chief clown. Pity it's going to be after the tournament now. Its hard to over stipulate what a waste of skin he is as a coach. At least its looking good for a good final now. NZvAUS! (and i wont feel like i've wasted money on a ticket for it! lol)

Edited by Monkeydo, 19 October 2013 - 05:50 PM.

#3 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

The guy isn't up to it and never was , but the list of applicants was woeful . What's wrong with a top Aussie coach , for a few games every other year more or less ? But as you say , to late now for this one. He has absolutely nothing else to do but this job and he still makes a total ###### of it . Picking the same old failures , not picking form players , upsetting others who are out in the cold etc etc , being starstruck by top clubs . Then giving us inspiring stuff like Ablett in the centres and Granda Kev in the halves ... I've said before I think teams like Tonga , Samoa and Fiji are a match for us , but Italy ??? Well , no doubt he'll talk it off and say the masterplan is still in tact . Next week could be a 50 spot ... And won't they be laughing their niagaras off . We should remember all these guys today were Aussies who did a good job for their mates . I said it was a good idea it wasn't on telly .

Edited by DavidM, 19 October 2013 - 06:04 PM.

#4 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

Well Mr McNamara's private members club lost out today 14 - 15 to Italy, with a Queensland Cup pair of half-backs running the show for Italy. Meanwhile the England Knights (reserves)beat Samoa 52 - 16, using form players and of course with a different coach!!!

McNamara's stubbornness could once again make us the laughing stock at this World Cup.

just seen the italy team the stand off plays with sam obst at northern pride sure his a bit of a rookie at number 6 aswell ryan ghetti they call him

#5 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:59 PM

Joke team. Pick on form rather than reputation.

Might get a few more to DP tho

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

Coach Clueless actually came out and said " We gambled on a long trip " before the WC ... Good time to take a gamble . When the WC is in South Africa maybe we should go and sample conditions there then ?

#7 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

What a shocking waste of money. Completely senseless and probably more of a jolly boys outing. Why go to South Africa to acclimatise to a World Cup that's been played in the country most of them have been acclimatising to for the last 20 years?!

#8 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:20 PM

We probably don't want to know the expense ... In a sport awash with money where it isn't needed in other areas . Oh hang on a minute .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users