RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

England Knights 52 v Samoa 16

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Copa

Copa
  • Coach
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:01 AM

Great result for England Knights against a team full of quality players.... Maybe this team should be playing the 'roos next week.

I've read match reports but is anyone on here able to comment?

Edited by Copa, 20 October 2013 - 04:02 AM.

#2 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:15 AM

I would imagine, very much like England and France, Samoa are targeting next week and treated this as a trial. Still, great performance by the knights to win so convincingly.
Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#3 Copa

Copa
  • Coach
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:38 AM

I would imagine, very much like England and France, Samoa are targeting next week and treated this as a trial. Still, great performance by the knights to win so convincingly.

true. You don't read headlines about nrl hot shots being smashed by the knights.

#4 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

Obviously not many on this forum were there, i was and the crowd for the Knights Game was roughly the same as that for the main game. Obviously as in any trial game, it is difficult to retain any shape when the coaches are trying out different combinations which is what made the Knights performance the more impressive. Despite the comings and going Ben Cockayne played the full 80 and was steamrollered by Junior Sau for the Samoan final try. Iosia Soloila did a 70 min stint for Samoa. Jack Hughes got a hat-trick, the third of which was great persistence on his part and poor defence from Samoa.

I was the one applauding - on his own - when Keiran Dixon came on The London Phantom representing a phantom team these days, true to form he knocked on with his first touch from dummy half but then had a pretty solid game until  being on the receiving end of a king hit and was carried from the field unablre to put any weight on hius left leg which did not look too good.

I know you cannot read too much into a trial game but Samoa who scored first were well beaten and defensively poor. The size of the defeat against England's second string should concern their coach pre-world cup

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users