Great start by England

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 ArthurDaley

ArthurDaley
  • Coach
  • 520 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:07 PM

Well yesterdays result will have got the Aussies and NZ really shaking in their boots.

http://www.dailymail...tch-report.html

A large VAT Dave please.

Allso known as Teodozjusz Matuschanskavasky

#2 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

The writing was on the wall as soon as our illustrious coach went on record as saying we would win it!  Yes, WOULD, not can no he had to put both feet in his mouth and try to make sense!

I really wish I could hope for a good showing in the competition but as soon as we meet a decent outfit we'll choke like we have for 30 odd years.   Maybe if our players spent as much time training as they appear to on the tattooist's couch we might be able to take the Aussies and New Zealanders on with a bit of confidence, I dread playing the likes of Fiji though!

Blinking Italy, the shame of it!!!!!!!!!!!

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#3 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 445 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:41 PM

Lots of pressure before its even started.Have to fancy Fiji out of Englands group from what we saw yesterday, which would be a disaster.

#4 Spelly

Spelly
  • Coach
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

Went to Pinks-ville yesterday, and it was grim!

The good news (hopefully) is we can't play that badly again!

England v Convicts on Saturday is the first of a 23 games WC marathon that my mates on I are going to, and looking forward to!

As a Swinton fan ('Ornits too I would imagine!) I'm a born optimist, and the same goes for internationals as well!

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spelly.

"--- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Daily, my intense dislike of the Pinks, Rugby Yawnion, Manchester United, and far-right politics, grows ever larger, and will continue to do so forever more!

Question! What's the connection between Rugby League and Rugby Yawnion? Answer! There isn't one!

My girl-friend asked "If you had to choose between me and Swinton who would it be?" I replied "You know the answer to that one without even asking!"

#5 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 510 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:34 AM

Just think what the score might have been if our boys hadn't been on that high altitude training in South Africa and our coach hadn't been down to see the boys who play in Australia during the British Lions tour.

All this expensive preparation no doubt avoided us being nilled by the mighty Italians.

Is it too late to name all the irish squad in the England team?  Nationalities seem to be an optional extra in rugby league.  That way we might avoid further embarrassment.

#6 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

Amazingly the 'Man of Steel' a Brit wasn't picked but we put a foreigner in the squad instead!

I will of course support England in the competition but more in hope than expectation.

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#7 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 510 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

Not only the man of steel, but also the vast majority of the team of the season (which for the first time had NO IMPORTS in it) will be watching on TV (or at least not wearing an England shirt)!

To be fair the man of steel couldn't be picked because he declared himself for scotland several months ago didn't he? But the reason he did that was he had been repeatedly overlooked by McNamara for the England squad.

Afraid I only have tickets for semis and final so dont expect to be able to cheer for England by that time.

#8 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

As I understand it Danny Brough waited until he was left out of the England set-up before he decided to pitch in with the Jocks, I could be wrong though?!?!?

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#9 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

Gareth Hock has been sent home from the squad !

#10 Snoopy Loopy

Snoopy Loopy
  • Coach
  • 478 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:09 PM

Bad lot unfortunately Hock it would appear but from what I understand he wasn't the only one and has been a fall guy

Anyway moving on Brett Ferris in to replace him

Edited by Snoopy Loopy, 22 October 2013 - 10:10 PM.

#11 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 510 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

Great news - Hock is a loose cannon who is always prone to give up stupid penalties at the wrong time in the wrong place.

#12 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

I would have loved to have seen Hock sort out Gallen or Fifita though.

:D

#13 Ex-Kirkholt

Ex-Kirkholt
  • Coach
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:43 PM

I would have loved to have seen Hock sort out Gallen or Fifita though.

:D

I think you mean, win a second prize.

Looks like it wer' organised by't Pennine League

#14 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 510 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

The latest embarrasment in a week full of embarassing events for the England camp

http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/24675754

Lets hope what happens on the field can help us forget what has been happening off the field.

#15 Snoopy Loopy

Snoopy Loopy
  • Coach
  • 478 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

If anyone likes Sam Burgess watch this documentary and you will like him even more, the guy sums up determination and desire to do well

#16 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

WOW!! You'd have to have a heart made of stone not to be moved by that piece!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#17 ArthurDaley

ArthurDaley
  • Coach
  • 520 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

I wouldn't mind tackling one of the Burgesses. Yes the one in the middle. Their Mum.pg-64-burgess-mum-getty.jpg

Edited by ArthurDaley, 30 October 2013 - 09:18 PM.

A large VAT Dave please.

Allso known as Teodozjusz Matuschanskavasky

#18 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 360 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:41 PM

Two minds and a single thought !!!!!!!!!!

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users