Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Never thought I'd see the day.......

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 philipw

philipw
  • Coach
  • 543 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:13 PM

https://twitter.com/...252969313243136

That Brian Moore publicised RL!

Wonders never cease :-)

#2 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,594 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

The RFL have today announced a scheme to import positive speakers from other sports following the mass failure of RL fans and media to actually say something positive about the forthcoming world cup.

In other news:  A rugby league fan was taken to hospital today after biting off his own tongue following an incident when he accidentally said to his friend that he was looking forward to the world cup.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#3 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,456 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

The RFL have today announced a scheme to import positive speakers from other sports following the mass failure of RL fans and media to actually say something positive about the forthcoming world cup.

In other news:  A rugby league fan was taken to hospital today after biting off his own tongue following an incident when he accidentally said to his friend that he was looking forward to the world cup.

:lol:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#4 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,876 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

He's done a bit about the RLWC before - including exchanging some comments with our very own M Sadler.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#5 Stick to the Fax

Stick to the Fax
  • Coach
  • 288 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

He likes RL !

Always has done, I think.

I always read his column in the  S. Times and the sport he 'slags off'' every week is in fact, Rugby Union, but there we go. 

#6 philipw

philipw
  • Coach
  • 543 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

He likes RL !

I always read his column in the  S. Times and the sport he 'slags off'' every week is in fact, Rugby Union, but there we go. 

That'll be why I don't know.....I refuse to pay through the paywall ;-)

#7 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,849 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:11 PM

Just had a quick search, and the Wooden Spoon charity have been Tweeting quite a lot of RU players today.

Edited by Futtocks, 21 October 2013 - 02:12 PM.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#8 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,487 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

Brian Moore is a big fan of Rugby League - though admits he'd never have been good enough to play it at the heights he achieved in RU.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#9 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:56 PM

Moore is going to the game at Halifax as a guest of RLWC Calderdale.

#10 philipw

philipw
  • Coach
  • 543 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

Moore is going to the game at Halifax as a guest of RLWC Calderdale.

Good on both parties! Isn't he from round that way?

#11 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

Good on both parties! Isn't he from round that way?

He is. Raised in Illingworth.

#12 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 748 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

He is. Raised in Illingworth.

If anyone wants a really honest & interesting listen search "Brian Moore Desert Island Discs" - fascinating & revealing interview

#13 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,202 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

:D

#14 Li0nhead

Li0nhead
  • Coach
  • 742 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

To be fair to the guy I have heard him on several occasions mention about the respect the players of the sport have for each other etc and the animosity comes from others.

#15 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

He likes RL !

It's not a surprise to me that B Moore would publicise something RL related.

His columns in the Torygraph are regularly critical of aspects of RU, in a constructive way he'd no doubt say.

#16 philipw

philipw
  • Coach
  • 543 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:43 AM

Cheers mods :-)

#17 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

Why people fall over themselves and doff their caps to the union lot when they say something remotely positive about our fantastic game astounds me.  

#18 Tonka

Tonka
  • Coach
  • 679 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

Why people fall over themselves and doff their caps to the union lot when they say something remotely positive about our fantastic game astounds me.  

I don't regard it as cap-doffing.

There is an obvious rivalry between two similar games and some animosity between them (fans more than players I suspect) and so a public display of mutual respect, or even acknowledgment, is surprising and worthy of comment.  Your comment suggests an inferiorty complex if anything.

Incidentally, when did a RL journalist last say something positive about RU?  I prefer RL but happily agree that you can get some very good games of union.

#19 RS

RS
  • Coach
  • 608 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

States he is a Republican - Liking him more and more

#20 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,944 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

Get this in the Cross Code forum so Larry can reminisce about 10 greatest push over tries in peace.
As for CKN's dig at our own, we keep the flame alive mate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users