Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Ronnie's funeral

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 phildog

phildog
  • 317 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

Hello all users and visitors to Batley Bulldogs site. I have been asked by a member if it was possible to close the site on Friday a.m in respect to Ronnie. As this is a centrally run site it isn't possible, but I am able to ask anyone who does post regularly on the Batley site to refrain from using the site between 11.30 a.m. and 12.30 a.m. on Friday 25th October as a mark of respect. Thanks, Phil, Moderator.

#2 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,157 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

Well thats a strange one Phil, i would have thought it more respectful if members of the forum who cant attend the funeral be allowed to openly celebrate Ronnies life in discussion

#3 phildog

phildog
  • 317 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

It's not an order!! Just a response to an idea from a fellow poster who asked a question. It may suit some and not others.If you prefer to use the time in the way you suggest, be my guest.

#4 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,157 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

It's not an order!! Just a response to an idea from a fellow poster who asked a question. It may suit some and not others.If you prefer to use the time in the way you suggest, be my guest.

So what was the point in your post then

#5 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:27 PM

This may sound a really odd question, but does anyone know if it is formal attire for the funeral or are the attendees to wear club colours?

I Wouldnt normally ask but as Ronnie was Batley through and through I didnt know whether the latter was planned for the service?

Edited by buford t justice, 22 October 2013 - 12:28 PM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#6 Zuehb Zaki

Zuehb Zaki
  • Players
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

I never saw Ron wearing a Batley Shirt and Whilst afterwards is less formal at the church I will be wearing my funeral attire.

گر اور ہمیشہ کے لئے ہو جائے گا سے زیادہ طاقتور

#7 BirstallDog

BirstallDog
  • Coach
  • 753 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:37 AM

Maybe the club could advise us what the Earnshaw family wishes are ? rather than us all speculating. Thank you

#8 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

The Earnshaw family would like people attending the funeral to be dressed as they feel comfortable, If anyone would like to wear their rugby shirt that would be no problem.

"Batley Bulldogs, Championship final 2013" 

"The Great Escape 2014"

2015 ?

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

#9 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 543 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:10 PM

I had hoped to pay my respects on Friday, but other commitments got in the way.  I trust that Ron had a good send off.

#10 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 938 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:20 PM

I had hoped to pay my respects on Friday, but other commitments got in the way.  I trust that Ron had a good send off.

Can only speak regards the service at Batley Parish, as due to work committments, I had to return . The attendance was, unsurprisingly, massive. Full to bursting inside and people outside. The words by Ronnies son, Rob, were wonderful, serious when needed, light when needed, a few tears and a few smiles.Also his grand daughter ( Rons), Terri, read a lovely poem, very touching, and a credit to her. A few people had club colours on, and I am led to believe the ''wake'' up at the mount was well attended and continued into the evening at the Rose of York and the Irish Nash, with club shirts around.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

#11 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 543 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

Thank you Colin for the reply, and sorry I couldn't make it. Its' nice to know that so many were in attendance.