TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

26/10/13: World Cup Game 2 - Wales v Italy

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Wales by 13 points or more (1 votes [2.22%])

Percentage of vote: 2.22%

2. Wales by 7 to 12 points (17 votes [37.78%])

Percentage of vote: 37.78%

3. Wales by 1 to 6 points (14 votes [31.11%])

Percentage of vote: 31.11%

4. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Italy by 1 to 6 points (2 votes [4.44%])

Percentage of vote: 4.44%

6. Italy by 7 to 12 points (8 votes [17.78%])

Percentage of vote: 17.78%

7. Italy by 13 points or more (3 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,765 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:23 PM

Discuss World Cup Game 2 - Wales v Italy here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,050 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

Really looking forward to this game as well. What do our Welsh friends think the team should be?

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#3 Gruff

Gruff
  • Coach
  • 655 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

I think Italy came out storming against Eng as they had a point to prove, and won't be as geared up against Wales.

Additionally, this is where the comp begins, not a trial game, and Wales know this is their crunch match - USA and CI should be easier affairs

#4 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

Italy.

#5 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,831 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

Really hope for a Wales victory here. Wales have stayed generally quite low profile for this, would be great for them to launch onto the big stage with a victory in front of a big crowd live on BBC2.

#6 absentee thoughtlord

absentee thoughtlord
  • Coach
  • 250 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

Wales have now got a bunch of forwards who can do a lot of damage and hold their own with the best. As long as they start with the likes of Flower, Dudson, James, Kopzcak and Evans, I think they'll get up some momentum.

#7 CGD

CGD
  • Coach
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

Vaughn MOM

#8 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

Wales have now got a bunch of forwards who can do a lot of damage and hold their own with the best. As long as they start with the likes of Flower, Dudson, James, Kopzcak and Evans, I think they'll get up some momentum.

Agreed... and some talented backs too. Wales' problem will be in the halves and possibly full back.  I think it will be a great game to warch, a tough encounter and very close.  Wales to win by 2 points.

#9 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,050 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

Agreed... and some talented backs too. Wales' problem will be in the halves and possibly full back.  I think it will be a great game to warch, a tough encounter and very close.  Wales to win by 2 points.

Didn't you play R Evans there in the warm up fixture? I'd have Ellliot Kear at full back (always impressed for the Crusaders) with Massam and Williams on the wing; plenty of pace and strike power there with R Evans in the centre with someone else. So I'd go with:

1. Kear 2. Massam 3. Roets 4. R Evans 5. Williams 6. Webster 7. Seamark 8. Dudson 9. White 10. Kopzack 11. B Evans 12. Frizzell 13. Flower

14. Budworth 15. James 16. Patrick 17. Lloyd  

Pretty good team I think. Where does Guertjens play?

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#10 nadera78

nadera78
  • Coach
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

Didn't you play R Evans there in the warm up fixture? I'd have Ellliot Kear at full back (always impressed for the Crusaders) with Massam and Williams on the wing; plenty of pace and strike power there with R Evans in the centre with someone else. So I'd go with:

1. Kear 2. Massam 3. Roets 4. R Evans 5. Williams 6. Webster 7. Seamark 8. Dudson 9. White 10. Kopzack 11. B Evans 12. Frizzell 13. Flower

Guertjens is a prop.

I'd possibly look at either Lloyd or Frizell at centre. Both can play there and it means they have another full-time pro in the starting 17, and they have a strong enough set of forwards to cover moving one of them.

I think Wales will win this, but not by much.

Edited by nadera78, 21 October 2013 - 05:16 PM.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

#11 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:05 PM

I think Italy will win this, although I hope I'm wrong.

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#12 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

Wales who will switched on for the Italian threat. By 12 for Cymru
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#13 L Bow

L Bow
  • Coach
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

Guertjens is a prop.

I'd possibly look at either Lloyd or Frizell at centre. Both can play there and it means they have another full-time pro in the starting 17, and they have a strong enough set of forwards to cover moving one of them.

I think Wales will win this, but not by much.

The idea of having Frizell in the centres is a good one.  You'll need someone strong to combat Guerra if he plays in the centres as he did on Saturday.  Emmitt could come on to the bench with James or Patrick in to the starting line up.

#14 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

Both the Evans boys played in the warm up. Elliot Kear had a reasonably good warmup but there were times where he didn't look to safe under the high ball - to be fair that could just have been the floodlights... and he has been superb for the Bulls this season. I'm not sure Rob Massam will get a game against Italy but he will against USA at his home town.

#15 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,347 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:04 PM

Emmitt must play, and possibly at 13, so they go with the approach Wigan and Leeds adopt from time to time of 5 big lads. Rhys Evans is a wonderful talent and should play at 1. I wonder whether, had he been at Wigan or Saints, he might not have been playing for England by now...
I would hate Italy to win, as I may have made clear elsewhere, so this game has even greater significance for me.

Edited by Exiled Wiganer, 21 October 2013 - 11:04 PM.

#16 CGD

CGD
  • Coach
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:08 PM

Guerra looks big playing in the forwards. He's going to make a massive centre.

#17 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

I would find a place on the bench for Peter Lupton who can cover backs and forwards.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#18 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,072 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

I expect a Welsh win here. The Italians wont catch Wales out like they did England last weekend.

#19 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,837 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

Frizzell hasn't trained for three weeks and only arrived a couple of days ago, so I don't think he'll play on Saturday.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#20 clwydianrange

clwydianrange
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

Wales by 12

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users