TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

26/10/13: World Cup Game 2 - Wales v Italy

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Wales by 13 points or more (1 votes [2.22%])

Percentage of vote: 2.22%

2. Wales by 7 to 12 points (17 votes [37.78%])

Percentage of vote: 37.78%

3. Wales by 1 to 6 points (14 votes [31.11%])

Percentage of vote: 31.11%

4. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Italy by 1 to 6 points (2 votes [4.44%])

Percentage of vote: 4.44%

6. Italy by 7 to 12 points (8 votes [17.78%])

Percentage of vote: 17.78%

7. Italy by 13 points or more (3 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 JonNgog

JonNgog
  • Coach
  • 577 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

Ray French really needs to retire... bloody hell

#42 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

Was that really a try? It might have been but How could Shayne Hayne see?

#43 CGD

CGD
  • Coach
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

Guerra double. Italy up 10-6, kick to come.

With that. I'm going to sleep, have stayed up far too late. Just had to watch a bit of this game.

#44 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,599 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

This is a better game than the Eng-Aus match already.

In what way?

#45 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

Decent game and plenty of people have stayed. Just the usual prob with double headers, too many neutrals, too much beer drunk, dimwits Mexican wave. - still the welsh boys seemed to find being at the millennium to be special so on balance the right decision
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#46 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,519 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

14-12 Italy HT. Decent enough game

#47 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,272 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

18-16 to Italy. Frizzel is a machine.

#48 St Reatham

St Reatham
  • Coach
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

Some big hits going in. Am really enjoying this game.

#49 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

Technically when the Italian players hand brushes the ground with a welsh player on him is that not tackle complete.

#50 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

Strange to see a big bald headed Italian blurting out pure manc! Haha

#51 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,865 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

Wales really needed someone to keep hold of the ball. They didn't have one. They played with heart and I enjoyed the game, but disappointed with the result.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#52 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,404 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

Technically when the Italian players hand brushes the ground with a welsh player on him is that not tackle complete.

Yes, but for me the Welsh player was not on him until he'd passed the ball. I thought he'd knocked on but apparently not, 50/50 IMO

"This is a very wealthy country, money is no object" D. Cameron February 2014

#53 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

I would say not because the Italian player was no longer 'grounded'.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#54 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

Yes, but for me the Welsh player was not on him until he'd passed the ball. I thought he'd knocked on but apparently not, 50/50 IMO

I thought the side view proved it wasn't a knock on.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#55 nadera78

nadera78
  • Coach
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

I would say not because the Italian player was no longer 'grounded'.

The ball carrying arm was on the ground and the Welsh player had hold of him. Does it matter if the Italian was on his feet? Also, as Noble pointed out, there was an Italian player offside.

I also thought the earlier try was unlucky because White had his hand under the ball so it wasn't grounded. 

A couple of dodgy calls for mine, and I'm peed off to see a genuine nation lose out to an utterly fake one. But there you go.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

#56 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:50 PM

The ball carrying arm was on the ground and the Welsh player had hold of him. Does it matter if the Italian was on his feet? Also, as Noble pointed out, there was an Italian player offside.

I also thought the earlier try was unlucky because White had his hand under the ball so it wasn't grounded. 

A couple of dodgy calls for mine, and I'm peed off to see a genuine nation lose out to an utterly fake one. But there you go.

I think it does matter that the Italian player was on his feet. Without poring over the laws of the game I'm pretty sure that simply putting your hand on an opponent to complete the tackle only relates to a player who is lying on the ground.  

#57 welshmagpie

welshmagpie
  • Coach
  • 440 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:53 PM

Gutted about the result, but we showed some heart and our anthem was incredible. Those things don't win games however!

Anybody got some half backs we can borrow?

#58 nadera78

nadera78
  • Coach
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

I think it does matter that the Italian player was on his feet. Without poring over the laws of the game I'm pretty sure that simply putting your hand on an opponent to complete the tackle only relates to a player who is lying on the ground.  

Yes but if the ball carrying arm is on the ground and the defender has touch then it's a  tackle. No?

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

#59 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

Yes but if the ball carrying arm is on the ground and the defender has touch then it's a  tackle. No?

As I understand it, only if the ball carrier is lying on the ground. If he regains his feet the defender has to effect a tackle in the normal manner.

Correct interpretation by the VR (I think).

Edit: I do see where you're coming from. I just think it's come down to interpretation in the end.

Edited by Ullman, 26 October 2013 - 06:16 PM.

#60 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,837 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:05 PM

Well tried boys. We  defended like demons but didn't have much creativity in attack. I think we'd have won if Lee Briers had made himself available. All we can do is move on and, seeing as we don't have much maverick, we'll just have to  work on a better offload game.

I thought Peter Lupton made a big improvement off the bench and should be the starting hooker.

Matt Seamark, Ian Webster and Neal Budworth looked, understandably,  a bit off the pace and I'd only have (at most) two of them in the 17 for the next game. I'd give Christiaan Roets or Rob Massam a go.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users