Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

27/10/13: World Cup Game 3 - PNG v France

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (29 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. PNG by 13 points or more (4 votes [13.79%])

Percentage of vote: 13.79%

2. PNG by 7 to 12 points (13 votes [44.83%])

Percentage of vote: 44.83%

3. PNG by 1 to 6 points (2 votes [6.90%])

Percentage of vote: 6.90%

4. Draw (2 votes [6.90%])

Percentage of vote: 6.90%

5. France by 1 to 6 points (3 votes [10.34%])

Percentage of vote: 10.34%

6. France by 7 to 12 points (5 votes [17.24%])

Percentage of vote: 17.24%

7. France by 13 points or more (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:00 PM

westlondonfan, on 27 Oct 2013 - 5:56 PM, said:

Very tense game. I really enjoyed watching that. I am glad France won. I thought Thomas Bosch played an important role in the French win.

The way he kept drilling the ball past the PNG defence...
People called Romans they go the house

#122 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:02 PM

With this win, France have given themselves a great chance to make the semis. If they can beat Samoa in Perpignan, which they've got a chance of, then it will be a straight shoot out with probably Fiji in the quarters at the Halliwell Jones.

I like this format but can't help but feel sorry for Tonga, who are arguably the 4th strongest nation. By winning their group they'll almost certainly face the Kiwis in the quarters.

Put it this way, I'm glad we aren't facing them!

#123 bobdeegan

bobdeegan
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

I think most of the crowd were locals although I travelled up from Nottingham. It's a real shame that no venues in the midlands showed an interest in staging a game but travelling 100 miles is not a big deal.

I was definitely in the minority in supporting France but, like many in England, I'd like the game in the northern hemisphere to get stronger, through France offering a credible threat.

It was a good game and you could see how much it meant to both teams.

The new north stand looks good and hopefully, one day, that can be replicated at the other end.

#124 abd

abd
  • Players
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

Only my second day watching live RL and loved it. Credit has to go the players for producing a great advert for the game in difficult conditions. I prefer low scoring games as you know each score might be the decisive one. Some near me were critical of the French choice to go for two when 8-6 down, but they had the wind so it was spot on. Loved some of the big hits and desperate goal line defence. Well worth the two hour drive.

#125 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 818 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

What a match, PNG will need to sCore a try, as place kicking is the weakest part of their game.

Sadly I was proved right, unfotunately for PNG,Mead is not an accurate kicker.Last week against Scotland he missed a conersion which was almost identical to Don Fox.'s famous miss.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#126 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:10 AM

Really enjoyed this one. We wee supporting France, mainly because our youngest fancies Theo Fages http://southwakefiel...uman-after-all/

Samoa's next two games should be crackers. Against PNG, which could decide who goes out, and then down in Perpignan. Watched the Warrington game when I got home, which just about topped off another great day in the World Cup.

#127 The Game Caller

The Game Caller
  • Facebook
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

Thoroughly enjoyed calling this game featuring one of the most dramatic finishes to a World Cup game.

Prior to kick-off I had the pleasure of sampling the new North Stand at the MS3 Craven Park, which is certainly going to score highly in terms of supporter comfort.

#128 ehbandit

ehbandit
  • Coach
  • 697 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:52 AM

Yeh I asked this in the ticket sales thread. Warrington can sell-out 15,000 but Hull can't sell-out 10,000 :S

Still shows that whilst the RLIF, the RFL, city and county councils, broadcasters, sponsors and national bodies have been working together for the good of the game, Super League clubs still can't be assed.

If Rochdale Hornets can do it, why can't Hull FC and Hull KR??

Anyway France really really really really need to win this match. They completely choked in 2008, they choked in the 4 Nations qualifier v Wales IN THEIR OWN BACKYARD. If they don't win this they could really struggle to keep of the bottom of Group B.

don't forget there are 3 games in hull. people genuinely do not have the money to attend all. I can get to 2

#129 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:16 AM

Gotta say that France defended well.

Great second half and although the kick was missed, I thought France deserved it overall.

Yep. I was at the match and would agree with this.

I thought that it was a decent crowd all things considered. If you don't live there Hull isn't thye easiest place in the world to get to and even more difficult to get away from. having said that I originally tried to book seats in the West Stand but was told that three together weren't available. Imagine my surprise to see that this stand was actually only half full at kick off. I was told by a Hull KR fan that most of those had been allocated to sponsors and concession holders, in which case it was a poor effort on their part in not getting them filled.

A great game of old-fashioned RL with skill, flair, mistakes and absolutely bags of effort and desire. Well done to both sides.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#130 Jarv

Jarv
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

Sadly I was proved right, unfotunately for PNG,Mead is not an accurate kicker.Last week against Scotland he missed a conersion which was almost identical to Don Fox.'s famous miss.

It was a shame as I thought he had a really good game at FB. That said when they got the kick the swirling wind picked up even more than it had been and the concensus around us was that this was 50/50 at best!

#131 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:10 AM

The Game Caller, on 28 Oct 2013 - 08:29 AM, said:

Thoroughly enjoyed calling this game featuring one of the most dramatic finishes to a World Cup game.

Prior to kick-off I had the pleasure of sampling the new North Stand at the MS3 Craven Park, which is certainly going to score highly in terms of supporter comfort.

It certainly was a nice place to watch from, despite the wind.

The facilities underneath were good, it had excellent leg room and a steep rake, meaning you felt nice and high (and thus a good view).

On the down side, there were no hand rails on the steps. A number of older people were struggling to get up the steps and one older gentleman fell on them - somebody gave me a hand to pick him up and then I helped him down the steps and back up on his return. Not ideal and maybe a harder thing to do at a more partisan match.
People called Romans they go the house

#132 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

New stand looked good, and would be great on derby day.

Watching the match again on Premier Sports. There were some big hits in that one!

#133 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:30 PM

Picked them selves up after USA. Good to see French halves attacking the gain line. Great snipping run from Fages.Enjoyed that. Greenshields came up with great takes in the high wind under pressure.What was Vaccari doing with that loose ball. Thought he should have thrown into the stand.Larroyer for a big lad needs to find the ground quicker - shouldn't have been pushed into touch.Does Simon know the offside rule picking up Barthaus late fumble giving penalty in front. Had he other options. Overall tackled their hearts out, great to see. Treizists spring in their step this morning!

I think they need to take something from Avignon Friday into the Samoa clash.
si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users