Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

27/10/13: World Cup Match 4 - New Zealand v Samoa

• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (29 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. New Zealand by 13 points or more (25 votes [86.21%])

Percentage of vote: 86.21%

2. New Zealand by 7 to 12 points (3 votes [10.34%])

Percentage of vote: 10.34%

3. New Zealand by 1 to 6 points (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Draw (1 votes [3.45%])

Percentage of vote: 3.45%

5. Samoa by 1 to 6 points (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Samoa by 7 to 12 points (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Samoa by 13 points or more (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#201 Segovia Carpet

Segovia Carpet
  • Coach
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:13 PM

Wonderful stuff and the crowd stayed behind too to give their respects. Samoa still should qualify. Remember this was (West) Samoa. They should talk the other island into playing RL as well.

#202 wirecab

wirecab
  • Coach
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:21 PM

Watched the forum for a while but had to join to comment on how buzzing I am after coming back from the HJ tonight. As a dyed in the wool Warrington fan I was sceptical about being neutral for NZ Samoa. Needn't have worried. Even stood in the away stand but the match had everything to forget about OT from three weeks ago. Never seen a No Try / Try decision before! Never expected to see SBW make an error that I saw my son do for his U7 match earlier this year! Never expected to be chanting Toa Samoa with a vigour reserved normally for the Michael/Joel chant. After watching Hill and Westwood for so long to see Mose Masoe made me recalibrate my view on big forwards. Top game top crowd- and even got chatting to the lad next to me who admitted he's not an RL fan but loves sport. Well he could not have got a better intro than he did tonight. Absolutely superb! 

#203 Finn

Finn
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:44 PM

That was a crowd generated atmosphere, something we've lost with a lot of with the all seater stadiums. No need for the artificial musac generated rubbish. As a Wigan fan that left me somewhat envious that the DW will never produce the atmosphere evident tonight.

#204 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,801 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:11 AM

Still buzzing. Genuinely feel like that was a real sporting 'event' - one that we'll talk about for years, a bit like many of us still talk about the NZ v Tonga game from '95.

I was lucky enough to be at both, and this is the reason I love Test RL, not the Ashes etc.

Simply amazing, unbeatable sport.

#205 Eastmoorboy

Eastmoorboy
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:27 AM

I was privileged to br there tonight,wonderful stuff! Toa Samoa!
Was also at Wilderspool in '95 to see the Kiwis and Tonga,can't decide which was the best match.

#206 Adelaide Tiger

Adelaide Tiger
  • Coach
  • 155 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:18 AM

What a way to enjoy eating my breakfast!!!

After 20 mins it looked like the Kiwis would score 60. After 60 minutes it looked like mission impossible might happen (oh for the missed goal kicks by Samoa).

Thinking what a great individual score by SBW then shouting for the ref to go the video as SBW slipped over the whitewash.

Masoe - jesus christ what a big lad.

The big hits were earth shattering, loved the comment by Voss about the HJ being 'the land of the giants'.

A privilidge to watch the game and to hear commentary that was perfectly in tune with what was happening out there.

#207 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:26 AM

Absolutely great ending to day 2 was getting home from the PNG match to watch this on TV. Andrew Voss captured the event superbly. http://southwakefiel...uman-after-all/

The Sonny Bill error on top of David Mead a couple of hours earlier has already given us plenty to talk about.

The whole thing is just shaping up superbly.

#208 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:39 AM

Fantastic game and a privilege to be there to see it. Fantastic to see the skills of the Kiwis, and to see the Samoan comeback. Mose Masoe is an absolute beast. Awesome game - gonna have to record the replay on Premier so I can see that second half again!

#209 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:53 AM

A great game that reinforces the fact what a great sport RL is. I can comfortably say, the roar of the crowd for Samoa in that second half is the loudest crowd noise I have ever experienced at the HJ.

Can't decide between yesterday or NZ/Tonga in 95 for the best atmosphere.

#210 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 669 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

Echo what people have posted about it being a privilege to be there. What a tremendous atmosphere to compliment a superb game. I even did the viral dance at half time!  

#211 Kenny Bania

Kenny Bania
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

That was bloody marvellous.

#212 HOLYMOLY

HOLYMOLY
  • Coach
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

Watched the game with a constant smile on my face.

Massive hits,wonderful commentary,and a great atmosphere. Isn't our game just brill

#213 MamaKangaroo

MamaKangaroo
  • Coach
  • 150 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:14 AM

I didn't think the BBC highlights did the game justice at all, but a friend of mine has just asked me if I can take her to a game after watching it. (and she only watched the highlights cos she couldn't find the remote to turn over......!)

#214 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 392 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:52 AM

Got the day off after the NFL yesterday and just watched the recording of this game with a bacon butty. Not sure I've ever had a better morning!

#215 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,074 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

I didn't see any of the PNG v France game and only caught about 20 minutes at the end of the first half of this game after helping around the house and being busy.

There just aren't enough hours in the day. Nevermind putting the clocks back an hour, I need about 4 extra hours to watch these games!

<_<

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#216 MikeW

MikeW
  • Coach
  • 814 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

Brilliant game, played in front of a packed stadium full of fans who were well up for the game.  Good pre match stuff, all in all a fantastic advert for Rugby League.

#217 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,446 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

I bet there were a lot of very happy Saints fans after they saw Masoe in action! 

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#218 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

Wonderful stuff and the crowd stayed behind too to give their respects. Samoa still should qualify. Remember this was (West) Samoa. They should talk the other island into playing RL as well.

Not sure if Samoa will qualify just yet. France have gotten a huge boost with the win against PNG. PNG have every chance if beating Samoa. Could be very very close!

As for getting the other island playing, I do believe there was only a couple of Western Samoan born players in that side so let's keep concentrating on the main island!
Posted Image

#219 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:20 PM

Brilliant brilliant game. My two year old loved those big hits. Just watched it again. Agree that the crowd and voss helped make the game but the suicidal hits are epic. Love to see Samoa develop their rugby league. They would give England a much better game than the exiles

#220 Draculas tea bag

Draculas tea bag
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:27 PM

kiwis looked awesome despite taking their foot off the gas.

Edited by Draculas tea bag, 28 October 2013 - 01:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users